Avalon Organics Botanicals Vitamin C Renewal Facial Creme

3.9

Not tested on animals

As of 2013 June 24 (yes, it seems to have changed a couple years ago) : Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Aqua (Water), C10-18 Triglycerides, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil(1), Polyglyceryl-6 Distearate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil(1), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter(1), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil(1), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil(1), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil(1), Arnica Montana Flower Extract(1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract(1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract(1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract(1), Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract(1), Olea Europaea(Olive) Leaf Extract(1), Saccharomyces/Xylinum/Black Tea Ferment(1), Algin, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Alcohol(1), Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citral, Limonene, Linalool (1)Certified Organic Ingredient *Also known as Lemon Bioflavonoids Standards • Certified by QAI to NSF/ANSI 305, the American National Standard for personal care products containing organic ingredients • Contains 70% organic content • No parabens, harsh preservatives, synthetic colors or fragrances, phthalates or harmful sulfates • 100% vegetarian ingredients • No animal testing

on 6/9/2015 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been using this product for a couple of weeks now and I like it. I noticed my skin looked much brighter and smooth. For those that say it broke you out its probably because you have sensitive skin and got irritated. I have oily acne prone skin and didn't break me out at all. The only thing I don't like is that it makes your face look greasy and kinda feels heavy. So I only put a very thin layer.

on 5/11/2015 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Holy moly this burned my skin so bad! Made my skin bright red also. Smells great and absorbs nicely, and I suppose it must work since it has such a strong reaction on my skin. But I can't conjure using it due to the burning and itching. It might work well for others, just not me.

I had very high hopes for this creme after seeing rave reviews about it on instagram, I came past if in rexall ( I was super excited because I had never seem it in Canada before ). I was very disappointed the morning after I applied this creme to my face. I had broken out, my skin felt irritated and clogged. It could have been because i was having issues with my skin as it was and the citrus irritated it. I will say however my skin that wasn't broken out was super soft and matte like. Would I try this again? Maybe when I get my skin in line I'll give it another shot.

on 7/29/2014 10:02:00 PM

Horrible product. I bought it because I was looking for an organic moisturizer with SPF. This product goes on very thick and doesn't absorb well. It leaves your face ghastly white like there still products sitting on your skin. My oily/combo skin seems to get dryer every time I use this product, and I get flaky skin on some areas of my face.

I am not sure I would buy this again. I find the Avalon range very hit and miss. I love some products but others don't quite work for me. This cream smells divine and for a Vitamin C product doesn't irritate me that much, for instance you can take it up to your eyes. But it leaves a matte, chalky finish and therefore isn't ideal for daytime use. It's not that moisturizing, either. Still, if you are searching for something natural it's definitely worth a try.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I decided to buy this because it was natural, organic and had vitamin C in it. I thought I couldn't go wrong with it. But I did! :'(

My skin is oily, I live in a dry climate so my skin can look dehydrated. I tried this on, it felt thick but I thought it would absorb nicely into my skin making it look hydrated and glow to it. It made my face look oilier, I was getting white bumps, painful zits all over my face.

It refused to absorb into my skin so not only my skin looked oily from the outside but appeared wrinkly, dehydrated and dull! My skin still felt tight like I needed more moisturizer. Halfway through my first and what will be my last purchase of this, I had had ENOUGH!

I went ahead and bought Givenchy's mositurizer which is $30 more expensive but works for me. This little jar still sits on my dresser. Maybe i'll use it on my feet.

on 4/22/2014 11:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've been switching up everything that I use on my face, because before I never really had a skincare routine, I just kinda used whatever we had around. I like using things that will do good things for the skin and are gentle, because I've found over time that the more gentle I am with my skin, the nicer it is to me and it doesn't break out anymore really and looks a lot better.

I got this at Walmart for around... $16 I think? Somewhere close to that. A bit spendy but I reckon my tub will last for a while because I've made the smallest dent in it and it's been almost two months now of using it every night.

It has a really wonderful citrus scent to it that isn't too overpowering and doesn't last forever, it just smells really refreshing. I put this on and was giving my sister a hug one night and she sniffed and said "god dang your face smells delicious" haha.

It's pretty thick and I thought it was going to make my face hella shiny but it surprisingly ends up looking pretty matte. It doesn't irritate my skin, either. The first time I used it, my face did get a little red from it, but I've noticed that it only made me red when I used an alcohol astringent beforehand (have since tossed that sucker out).

I only use this at night because I like using something with SPF for daytime. It moisturizes well, but I wouldn't say it's like, the most moisturizing thing on the planet. If I get dry around my nostril area (the only area I really ever get dry, darn you nose) and it's flaking up a bit, I found that this didn't fix it. It helped, but I used my big tub of Cetaphil on it to fix it overnight. So I'd say it's a good rich moisturizer but it's not something that will quench your skin if it's severely dry or something.

And it has helped even out my skintone. The main thing I noticed was under my chin area, where I had a lot of post-pimple marks, it's dramatically helped with those. They were extremely noticeable before but now they're pretty faded and I'm not self-conscious about them anymore. Also just the overall tone of my face is much more radiant and even, which I'm attributing to this product, because although I use other skin-improving products as well now, I was using this before the other things and I noticed a change before adding in the new products. It never made me break out, either.

Overall I really love this product and it will probably be a permanent night moisturizer for me.

on 10/7/2013 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Okay, so I have combination skin that is only slightly oily on the t-zone.everything else is normal

Every other face cream I've tried, I always find myself looking for something that keeps my skin hydrated and not tight after cleansing it. This is literally the only thing I found that works perfectly. I believe this cream can be used by ALL skin types, but that you just have to play around with the amount that you put on your face. It's a little weird the way it has to be rubbed in well into your skin, but omg the moisturization lasts!!
my skin was already in a good state before this, so I cannot speak if it has cleared anything, but it's done a great job in keeping it clear. i only use gentle organic stuff so maybe my skin is already acclimated to it.

on 3/26/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this. Im not sure what my issue is, to be fair.
Firstly, its very thick. I HATE that. Once its rubbed in it feels very occlusive. To fix this I have mixed it with extra water in the pot - just shake it like crazy until its all incorporated and viola. I like it much better this way but it still feels a little on the heavy side (at least for me.)
I don't know if the vitamin C has done much. I'd like to say it has but to be honest I just don't know. ( I have pretty messed up skin.) I did say I'd repurchase this but I do think I'd like to explore other options, definitely with Vit C as a main ingredient.

on 3/2/2013 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a pretty good moisturizer, it really does keep your skin well hydrated. It's one of the few products I've actually repurchased.

At a first glance it is very thick and the first few times I used this my skin got red and stung for 15 minutes. After 3 or so times of actually using the cream the redness and stinging hasn't happened again since. The only problem I really have with it is that sometimes it becomes flakey and leaves behind a residue on the skin (which goes away over the day) but maybe I'm using too much? I'm not entirely sure but having gross cream flakes on my face isn't a good feeling.

Despite being good, it doesn't make an impressive different in your skin's tone or texture. So I'd only recommend this if your skin is already pretty good and you're just looking for something standard.