April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Moisturizers - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Vitamin C Renewal Facial Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I have combination skin that is only slightly oily on the t-zone.everything else is normal

Every other face cream I've tried, I always find myself looking for something that keeps my skin hydrated and not tight after cleansing it. This is literally the only thing I found that works perfectly. I believe this cream can be used by ALL skin types, but that you just have to play around with the amount that you put on your face. It's a little weird the way it has to be rubbed in well into your skin, but omg the moisturization lasts!!
my skin was already in a good state before this, so I cannot speak if it has cleared anything, but it's done a great job in keeping it clear. i only use gentle organic stuff so maybe my skin is already acclimated to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this. Im not sure what my issue is, to be fair.
Firstly, its very thick. I HATE that. Once its rubbed in it feels very occlusive. To fix this I have mixed it with extra water in the pot - just shake it like crazy until its all incorporated and viola. I like it much better this way but it still feels a little on the heavy side (at least for me.)
I don't know if the vitamin C has done much. I'd like to say it has but to be honest I just don't know. ( I have pretty messed up skin.) I did say I'd repurchase this but I do think I'd like to explore other options, definitely with Vit C as a main ingredient.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by SamWinters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good moisturizer, it really does keep your skin well hydrated. It's one of the few products I've actually repurchased.

At a first glance it is very thick and the first few times I used this my skin got red and stung for 15 minutes. After 3 or so times of actually using the cream the redness and stinging hasn't happened again since. The only problem I really have with it is that sometimes it becomes flakey and leaves behind a residue on the skin (which goes away over the day) but maybe I'm using too much? I'm not entirely sure but having gross cream flakes on my face isn't a good feeling.

Despite being good, it doesn't make an impressive different in your skin's tone or texture. So I'd only recommend this if your skin is already pretty good and you're just looking for something standard.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this product on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $6.99 (regular price is $19.99) after my favourite youtube beauty guru had mentioned this face cream in a few of her videos. I bought this to replace my L'Oreal Age Perfect Night Cream (since my skin all except for my nose is ridiculously dry, I find that products aimed towards mature women tend to be well suited to my skin since they are more hydrating) because who doesn't like an all natural, organic alternative, right? Unfortunately this product just didn't really suit me. What I disliked the most about this cream is that it made my feel like I was wearing a mask on my face yet it wasn't particularly hydrating. I would apply it and my skin would feel just very heavy and a bit tight. I figured that maybe I hadn't massaged it into my skin well enough so when I went back to try and massage it in more I was shocked to find that it was actually peeling off of my face- it is the weirdest thing that I have found to be a common trait among Vitamin C creams so maybe they just aren't for me. Another thing I disliked was the packaging. It was so hideous that I de-potted it from the jar it initially came in and put it in the jar of my old L'Oreal cream. As for the good points of this moisturiser, the scent is very natural and 'vitamin c-y', it is organic and I'm sure if you could move past the thick consistency and weird peeling it would have great skin care benefits. Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by runswthscissors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the few products I've actually repurchased. It's thick enough to moisturize without being greasy. I have combination skin and I use it as a night cream year round and a day cream in the winter. It keeps my skin feeling fresh and elastic. It also seems to help with mild breakouts and acne scars. For a highly natural product the price is great, even if it's expensive for a drugstore brand. I wish the package was more sanitary but I always wash my hands before touching my face anyway so clean hands only go in the jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by blee060

I love this night lotion. It smells like delicious oranges, and absorbs well. There's no oily lotion residue like with many heavy night lotions. Makes my skin feel very smooth and doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this moisturizer! I use this every morning before I put on my makeup (I use a different cream for at night) and it makes my face feel wonderful. It is moisturizing enough for my skin but doesn't feel greasy like some creams do. I feel that this product (along with the other products in my skin care routine) has significantly improved the appearance of my skin. It keeps my skin moisturized and provides it with lots of vitamins, which has helped in fading my acne scars . Also, a little goes a long way, so it will last your a good amount of time.
Overall: LOVE IT!
One note: This brand contains a lot of organic ingredients in their products. This is an awesome thing for those of us that like to support organic companies, BUT if you have sensitive skin, this might not work for you (organic ingredients can irritate some people's skin). I have not had any problems, but I also do not have sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Since the product is labeled as a cream, I would expect the consistency product to be actually creamy. However, I felt that it was a bit dry in texture and streaky when applying it to the skin. It dries very quickly once it is applied to the skin. I did not find this product to be particularly moisturizing. Instead, I felt that it left a film on the surface of my skin. While many people enjoy the smell, I felt that it was a bit overpowering and unnatural.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

95% of the time I use an oil-free moisturizer because although my face could stand a little, I've just been afraid to use one with oil in it because I didn't want my face to break out or something. This creme proved me wrong. It's not very heavy although it did feel so the first couple times I used it because I'd been using oil-free for so long, and it moisturized without clogging my pores; I've been at it for 3 weeks and no pimples yet! It smells divine, like fresh oranges, and other people will notice too-- my boyfriend asked me why my face smelled so good. As for the brightening part, I don't see a difference, probably because I'm only 19 and a change would be more noticeable on mature skin. I think this would be too heavy in the summer for others who like an oil-free formula too, but for fall/winter, this is pretty good stuff.
EDIT: I don't think I'll repurchase. For about 10 minutes after I apply it makes feel tight and it's finally eaten away at me enough-- it does contain alcohol. Time to find a new moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by luckbeck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff, for how long it does last, the price is not expensive at all, i have now been using this for 7 months and i am NOW almost out. i use it every morning and night. the packaging kindof sucks, but its not hard to get around by using a q-tip to scoop the product out(which is what i have been doing) i have very oily skin. but when i bought this my skin was SEVERELY dried out. i had dry flaky patches all over my face but mainly concentrated on my cheeks, under my nose and chin area. they were very sore and some got so bad they would bleed. i tried every moisturizer i could to try to get rid of the dryness (along with exfoliation) but i had no clue what to look for because i had never had this problem before(due to my very oily skin) this product alone did not cure my dry, flaky skin, but it did help and it did not further irritate skin. i really like this stuff and i continue to use it every day, my skin absorbers its very quickly which, for me, is a plus because i have to leave early in the morning and i can wear it under my foundation without it being too oily or greasy. overall, i will be repurchasing this product again, because of how long it has lasted me and i truly believe it helps in my skincare routine :)