August 27, 2014 | 914 users online

Moisturizers - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Vitamin C Renewal Facial Creme

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Littleloti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible product. I bought it because I was looking for an organic moisturizer with SPF. This product goes on very thick and doesn't absorb well. It leaves your face ghastly white like there still products sitting on your skin. My oily/combo skin seems to get dryer every time I use this product, and I get flaky skin on some areas of my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not sure I would buy this again. I find the Avalon range very hit and miss. I love some products but others don't quite work for me. This cream smells divine and for a Vitamin C product doesn't irritate me that much, for instance you can take it up to your eyes. But it leaves a matte, chalky finish and therefore isn't ideal for daytime use. It's not that moisturizing, either. Still, if you are searching for something natural it's definitely worth a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by myusernameisusername

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this because it was natural, organic and had vitamin C in it. I thought I couldn't go wrong with it. But I did! :'(

My skin is oily, I live in a dry climate so my skin can look dehydrated. I tried this on, it felt thick but I thought it would absorb nicely into my skin making it look hydrated and glow to it. It made my face look oilier, I was getting white bumps, painful zits all over my face.

It refused to absorb into my skin so not only my skin looked oily from the outside but appeared wrinkly, dehydrated and dull! My skin still felt tight like I needed more moisturizer. Halfway through my first and what will be my last purchase of this, I had had ENOUGH!

I went ahead and bought Givenchy's mositurizer which is $30 more expensive but works for me. This little jar still sits on my dresser. Maybe i'll use it on my feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I've been switching up everything that I use on my face, because before I never really had a skincare routine, I just kinda used whatever we had around. I like using things that will do good things for the skin and are gentle, because I've found over time that the more gentle I am with my skin, the nicer it is to me and it doesn't break out anymore really and looks a lot better.

I got this at Walmart for around... $16 I think? Somewhere close to that. A bit spendy but I reckon my tub will last for a while because I've made the smallest dent in it and it's been almost two months now of using it every night.

It has a really wonderful citrus scent to it that isn't too overpowering and doesn't last forever, it just smells really refreshing. I put this on and was giving my sister a hug one night and she sniffed and said "god dang your face smells delicious" haha.

It's pretty thick and I thought it was going to make my face hella shiny but it surprisingly ends up looking pretty matte. It doesn't irritate my skin, either. The first time I used it, my face did get a little red from it, but I've noticed that it only made me red when I used an alcohol astringent beforehand (have since tossed that sucker out).

I only use this at night because I like using something with SPF for daytime. It moisturizes well, but I wouldn't say it's like, the most moisturizing thing on the planet. If I get dry around my nostril area (the only area I really ever get dry, darn you nose) and it's flaking up a bit, I found that this didn't fix it. It helped, but I used my big tub of Cetaphil on it to fix it overnight. So I'd say it's a good rich moisturizer but it's not something that will quench your skin if it's severely dry or something.

And it has helped even out my skintone. The main thing I noticed was under my chin area, where I had a lot of post-pimple marks, it's dramatically helped with those. They were extremely noticeable before but now they're pretty faded and I'm not self-conscious about them anymore. Also just the overall tone of my face is much more radiant and even, which I'm attributing to this product, because although I use other skin-improving products as well now, I was using this before the other things and I noticed a change before adding in the new products. It never made me break out, either.

Overall I really love this product and it will probably be a permanent night moisturizer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I have combination skin that is only slightly oily on the t-zone.everything else is normal

Every other face cream I've tried, I always find myself looking for something that keeps my skin hydrated and not tight after cleansing it. This is literally the only thing I found that works perfectly. I believe this cream can be used by ALL skin types, but that you just have to play around with the amount that you put on your face. It's a little weird the way it has to be rubbed in well into your skin, but omg the moisturization lasts!!
my skin was already in a good state before this, so I cannot speak if it has cleared anything, but it's done a great job in keeping it clear. i only use gentle organic stuff so maybe my skin is already acclimated to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this. Im not sure what my issue is, to be fair.
Firstly, its very thick. I HATE that. Once its rubbed in it feels very occlusive. To fix this I have mixed it with extra water in the pot - just shake it like crazy until its all incorporated and viola. I like it much better this way but it still feels a little on the heavy side (at least for me.)
I don't know if the vitamin C has done much. I'd like to say it has but to be honest I just don't know. ( I have pretty messed up skin.) I did say I'd repurchase this but I do think I'd like to explore other options, definitely with Vit C as a main ingredient.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by SamWinters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good moisturizer, it really does keep your skin well hydrated. It's one of the few products I've actually repurchased.

At a first glance it is very thick and the first few times I used this my skin got red and stung for 15 minutes. After 3 or so times of actually using the cream the redness and stinging hasn't happened again since. The only problem I really have with it is that sometimes it becomes flakey and leaves behind a residue on the skin (which goes away over the day) but maybe I'm using too much? I'm not entirely sure but having gross cream flakes on my face isn't a good feeling.

Despite being good, it doesn't make an impressive different in your skin's tone or texture. So I'd only recommend this if your skin is already pretty good and you're just looking for something standard.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this product on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $6.99 (regular price is $19.99) after my favourite youtube beauty guru had mentioned this face cream in a few of her videos. I bought this to replace my L'Oreal Age Perfect Night Cream (since my skin all except for my nose is ridiculously dry, I find that products aimed towards mature women tend to be well suited to my skin since they are more hydrating) because who doesn't like an all natural, organic alternative, right? Unfortunately this product just didn't really suit me. What I disliked the most about this cream is that it made my feel like I was wearing a mask on my face yet it wasn't particularly hydrating. I would apply it and my skin would feel just very heavy and a bit tight. I figured that maybe I hadn't massaged it into my skin well enough so when I went back to try and massage it in more I was shocked to find that it was actually peeling off of my face- it is the weirdest thing that I have found to be a common trait among Vitamin C creams so maybe they just aren't for me. Another thing I disliked was the packaging. It was so hideous that I de-potted it from the jar it initially came in and put it in the jar of my old L'Oreal cream. As for the good points of this moisturiser, the scent is very natural and 'vitamin c-y', it is organic and I'm sure if you could move past the thick consistency and weird peeling it would have great skin care benefits. Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by runswthscissors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the few products I've actually repurchased. It's thick enough to moisturize without being greasy. I have combination skin and I use it as a night cream year round and a day cream in the winter. It keeps my skin feeling fresh and elastic. It also seems to help with mild breakouts and acne scars. For a highly natural product the price is great, even if it's expensive for a drugstore brand. I wish the package was more sanitary but I always wash my hands before touching my face anyway so clean hands only go in the jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by blee060

I love this night lotion. It smells like delicious oranges, and absorbs well. There's no oily lotion residue like with many heavy night lotions. Makes my skin feel very smooth and doesn't break me out.