April 25, 2014 | 1015 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Touch Up Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Bitarude11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this for concealer. I bought the Bobbi Brown Concealer and Corrector (hate the concealer but corrector is nice) and this brush is PERFECT for applying concealer on spots :) The only thing im not crazy about is that it's kinda pricey....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first tried this brush to apply stick foundation to my dark spots and melasma, I swear I felt warm tingles of happiness all over. From a makeup brush! Before you alert the authorities, let me say that if you use stick foundation, spot concealers or cream shadows, you owe it to yourself to check this brush out.

I am a little mystified why this particular brush is so much better than the half-dozen similar ones in my stash, but it is. If you're familiar with brush terminology, this is a "fluff," a rectangular brush that is slightly shorter than it is wide (this one is 7/16 inches wide and 6/16 inches long) and that has slightly rounded corners and is only slightly chiseled toward the tip (as compared to, say, a filbert or a dome/round, which are very chiseled). It is made of white goat hair that is packed densely into the ferrule; it is both soft but not super-flexible. It's kind of a "medium" brush. These shapes of brushes are used to pack color on and are often sold as blush brushes, cream brushes or lid-shadow brushes.

I love love love this one for stiff creams such as MAC Paint Pots and foundation sticks. It is *brilliant* for these, laying on an even layer with soft, feathered edges. It is the fastest application of spot foundation I have ever tried, and I have decades of experience. I can put a dab of stick foundation around my nose or on a dark age spot and blend it in one move. Very often, I truly don't need to go back to feather the edges. Normally, I wouldn't consider a natural-hair brush for a cream product, but I think it is precisely the goat hair that makes for the lovely soft edges -- I never get those with synthetic concealer brushes without a little work. Something about the combination of brush fiber, shape, length, etc., in the Touch Up Brush is exactly right.

I also do love it for cream shadows of any ilk, but I would especially hate to have to go back to applying a Paint Pot with my fingers or another brush. I get no skips in coverage, no unevenness.

And now I need another one.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

A staple in my brush kit. I use it to sweep out the concealer that gets stuck in the crease under my eyes (I let my bobbi concealer sit for 5 minutes first). I haven't seen another brush like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mainly use this brush to apply eyeshadow, and love it because it's a little bit stiffer than BB's regular eyeshadow brush enabling me to easily apply a darker eye shadow shade along the rim of my eyelid more effectively. It really gets in there and applies color perfectly. However, do not use this as a concealer brush because it's absolutely terrible for that. You definitely need a synthetic brush to effectively apply concealer whereas this one isn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2006 2:53:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first BB brush and I am amazed by the quality of BB brushes.Now I want more BB brushes LOL.This is amazing!Perfect brush for concealers,eyeshadows,cream bases everything! I totally loved it with multi-use.ýT ÝS WORTH THE price and better quality than mac brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2005 1:30:00 PM More reviews by t3969

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this brush and reach for it nearly every day. I use it for both cream and powder eyeshadows (that's what I bought it for), and it puts the color exactly where I want it (no ES residue all over my cheeks). Have the short handle version, as I prefer that to the professional size (I like to get right up next to the mirror). Am very, very happy with it (like it even better than Shu Uemura's Kolinsky/Sable 10 eyeshadow brush), and would definitely re-purchase as it seems like it would be great for multiple uses. Hooray for BB!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2004 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmm. A so so brush in this usually reliable line. It's a nice dome shaped brush, made from white goat hair. The brush is firm and the bristled cut tapered so it keeps it's shape. The intended purpose is for 'foundation and concealer touch-ups around the nose and mouth'. I personally wouldn't use a natural hair brush for application of cream based products. I prefer synthetic taklon. It's an OK eyeshadow brush but then looks so mucky when used. I can leave this one. *UPDATE* this is now a staple eyeshadow brush for me. It's great for packing on colour for a strong colour look. It's comparable to MAC's 239 brush, but slightly less full. However, it still sucks as a foundation or concealer brush which is what Bobbi intended it for