Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows

4.3

on 4/10/2015 9:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product gets a 5 for me. It is easy to use, but alot of them are. The reason for the five is the color. It is by far the perfect shade for me.
The shade 02, soft brown is a misnomer. I don't know why it is named that !! It is the perfect dark ASH brown . ASH being the key word here.
Most eye brow pencils have that horrible weird orangey tint to their brown shades that NO ONE has in their real brow color !
I mean, how hard is it to make an ash brown pencil ??? Evidently, VERY ! LOL
But Clinique gets it right. Plus, this pencil is very fine and is easy to replicate real looking brow hairs. Highly recommend.

on 4/8/2015 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I have this product in soft brown and deep brown. The "superfine" part of the product name is highly accurate. It's so fine that it's almost better for editing than full on filling, but it works regardless. The fineness works really well for my eyebrows which are naturally fine, sparse, and light colored, which works well for me since the deep brown liner makes my brows closer match my dyed dark brown hair. The only real problem I experienced with the product was that the tip does break easily. Other than that the soft brown liner has an almost greenish hue to it, so I prefer the deep brown. I will definitely be buying this brow liner again.

on 2/15/2015 11:19:00 AM

I initially liked this brow pencil because it is easy to use and can be done very quickly and does not look so waxy like other clinique pencils. The problem is it all wasted because the end broke off every time I went to use it. I barely rolled any up I know better than to roll a lot of product out and cause it break. It ended up being a complete waste of money and truthfully I was glad when it was finally all broke off because it was so frustrating to mess with. It broke and fell in my eye once, insane just insane. I would recommend that you skip all clinique brow products, the others are way worse than this one. I use to buy clinique products a lot for the bonus but other brands give bonuses too and have way better products to use. I am not much of a fan anymore of clinique and it use to be all I ever used.

on 11/18/2014 2:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love it. This is the shade which goes perfectly with my hair color, and it lasts all day. One liner lasted me for 6 months, and I use it every single day. I already purchased the second one!

on 6/5/2014 6:21:00 PM

I've used this for years and will probably continue to do so. The fact that it's a pencil makes it incredibly easy to apply and shape. It stays all day long, and the the colour I use (soft brown) is perfectly ashy for my light brown hair.

One of these usually lasts me about 3 months. It probably depends how much you apply each day. If you're into big strong eyebrows, you might want something more cost effective! That said I find it quite affordable for a job well done.

on 5/6/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I got Clinique's superfine liner for brows in Auburn when I got red highlights and wanted my brows to match with my new hair hue.
This shade is a nice warm auburn shade that compliments my Asian NC30/C3 skin tone. (you'd think it wouldn't be a problem finding a brow pencil in a reddish tone but it was)

I like that the tip is very fine (much like MAC's brow pencils) and makes it much easier to fill in the brows with small strokes. The formula is slightly waxy but not greasy and I use an old mascara wand to brush the pencil through my brows. I also add some extra colour (MISSHA brow pencil in brown) so my brows aren't too reddish.

I also love that I don't need to sharpen this pencil as it's a twist up.

Thank you Clinique for making this shade. I can keep continuing to have red highlights.

EDIT to add:
There isn't a lot of product because I've finished the pencil in a relatively short time. That's not surprising given that I've been using this every day but it doesn't justify the cost. I think I've found a less expensive alternative with NYX Brown brow pencil.

on 3/4/2014 2:50:00 AM

Got this in #2 Soft Brown, And to my a bit light brown hair, this fits perfectly. And when I apply it on my brows, you can't see the difference between where it's painted and where it's like.. my real brow. Even in daylight it looks fantastic! It melts in so perfectly, this is definitely a HG product! x

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's really expensive and lasted me about a fortnight! Although it was a good easy to use product

on 2/19/2014 6:39:00 PM

I use this eyebrow pencil everyday. But I do find it can look too harsh and unnatural if you don't apply it correctly. When the pencil is coming to an end the product breaks off a lot which wastes it and also you can never see when it is going to run out! I always have to keep a spare incase it runs out when I've only done one brow!

on 11/9/2013 12:04:00 PM

I never run out of this! I won't go out without it on... I had always had thick, nicely arched brows until I got thyroid issues--then my brows thinned and I seemed to lose the last 1/3 of them.

I buy this in the 'soft brown' shade. I have medium dark brown hair (with some grey in it now) and this color is perfect. The fine tip is precise and it applies easily, it always looks very natural. It is pricey--but worth it. I had tried cheaper brands, Maybelline being one, and could never find the right shade or consistency that I wanted.

Use light, quick strokes to apply, and I use a Clinique brow brush to lightly blend in.

Great product!