Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara

3.2

on 3/6/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this product! I have had a lot of trouble finding a mascara that doesn't irritate my eyes, smudge, flake, run, clump, have a horrible plastic wand, look to thick, look to thin, generally look awful.... Anyway, I eventually bit the bullet and invested in Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara, and it's perfect. I've become so obsessed with it, I now make sure I always have a spare tube at home.
I first bought it online in the UK from John Lewis, so a bit of a gamble as I'd never tried it before. I use black, despite being very pale with red hair, as it gives more definition to my eyes, and the formula is perfect - thick enough that one coat is enough for day time (two coats in the evening looks great, and there is a noticeable difference), yet no clumping, flaking, smudging and not too heavy looking. There is no scent or chemical smell, and the wand is a tradition brush as opposed to a solid plastic wand. It's extremely easy to apply, even to the lower lashes, and most importantly it has never irritated my eyes. I suffer from allergies and Blaphritis, so eye make up can be a nightmare, yet this mascara has never once caused a problem for me.
My only gripe is the price, but it's worth every penny so I'll continue to hoard it online.

on 2/13/2015 7:12:00 PM

Overall pretty meh. I really wanted to like it however Maybelline is better... and a lot cheaper...

on 6/20/2014 1:05:00 PM

I received this as a present for my birthday because my friend really loves this. While I do have a mascara I enjoy using, I can't help but want to try other mascaras in hopes of getting something even better. I always end up getting disappointed though. So it was no surprise to me at all when I didn't like this. I felt like it wasn't doing anything to my lashes despite layering on coats. It holds a curl well and it doesn't seem to clump. Sadly, it doesn't really do much to my lashes besides a tiny bit of length and smudging onto my lower eyelids.

on 6/12/2014 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL! I received a sample of this with an order. Just as well, as i would have been so disappointed if I had paid for it. This mascara was awful. Smudged and gave me panda eyes within a couple of hours. The formula was not overly thick, so didn't make lashes stand out very well. I normally use Saffron waterproof mascara which is about 3. My 3 mascara outperformed the Bobbi Brown one by miles. Don't waste your money folks

on 3/26/2014 11:06:00 AM

I think the brush is too big for me to really get the benefits of this mascara. My lashes are quite short and all this mascara does is smear my eyelids when I try to get to the base of my lashes. This also transfers really easily under my eyes after just a couple of hours (mainly the reason why I wear waterproof mascara, which this one isn't). Luckily I only had a sample size of this and it came free with a recent order. I wouldn't buy again, you can get much better drugstore mascaras which outperform this by miles.

on 8/14/2013 8:40:00 PM

I was on the hunt to find a well performing mascara, one that does not clump, leaves lashes dark and lengthy, and does a good job of curling (with my assistance) I have found my favorite one and yes it is everything! I'm not too picky, so this fits me just right:)

on 4/30/2013 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I usually like to use a product a few times before giving out my opinion, but I was so shocked the one time I've used this that I kind of had to.

Keep in mind that I am using a sample mascara from my points from Sephora and it was the last tube, so it could have been sitting there for a while. I know that some people say the sample mascaras can be different than the full size tube.

I got this at Sephora and this wasn't anything that jumped out at me, but I wanted to try something different, but didn't have the money as I'm a mascara junkie. I finally put it on today. Upon opening it, I was kind of sad as it is a natural bristle brush, I feel that a lot of natural brushes are the same effect and clump the product and are disappointing, but I thought, what the hey. So I put it on and I could feel that it was a dryer formula, but I got the last tube at Sephora so I don't know how long it's been there. To me it looked like there was a lot of product on the brush, but I wasn't getting getting very much on my lashes. I usually put on my mascara by running the comb through about 5-10 times kind of slowly, sometimes wiggling it and I'm done. I also am a kind of girl that I will only do 1-2 coats max and if it takes more, I don't want it. I had to do a ton of strokes to get something going. However, no matter what I did, I didn't find any clumping, it was an extremely smooth application. Even though I wasn't getting much on, it's extremely buildable and I was actually getting pretty decent volume, but not a ton of length. I have long lashes (and I know I shouldn't complain....), but I had trouble getting product at the end of my lashes to let everyone know that they exist.

The thing that made me really want to review was I was so surprised about how it made my eyes feel. I have extremely dry eyes, I don't even wear contacts, and when I wore this today, my eyes felt ok. I noticed on Sephora.com that this said it was ophthalmologist approved, but I've seen it before and I'm like, whatever. When I usually wear mascara, my eyes will become extremely dry and sometimes my eyes will struggle so much to become hydrated that the bottom eyelid will flood and make me "tear up" for several hours. This however, didn't make me do that. As soon as it dried, I noticed how my eyes felt fine and like I wasn't any at all, like a normal day with my eye drops, or even better. It was really lightweight, no crunchiness. It never got any worse and my eyes felt like they could breathe.

As far as staying power goes, I somehow picked a good day to try this out. I am an assistant manager in a retail store and I work 12 hour days constantly on my feet. Also in my building, the sun shines through it and it gets extremely hot in my store. Today I was sweating like a pig and running everywhere like a chicken with it's head cut off and when I finally got to look in a mirror 9 hours into my shift, I was totally expecting smudges or flakes or something and I didn't have anything like that.

The effect of this mascara isn't anything special, it's definitely a very natural looking one, and especially for the price I would expect more. However, because of the smooth application, wearability, how wonderful it was on my eyes, I'm actually seriously considering purchasing this.

I'm going to try this out more, but as long as this hasn't be edited, it's how I stand currently.

EDIT: I somehow got super lucky that day. I do notice that when I put it on, it doesn't irritate my eyes like some others can. Definitely hypo-allergenic. However, the brush and application and look is nothing special in itself, super basic, kind of on the more natural side. I am on the fence about actually purchasing it. While it doesn't clump really, creamy and helps my sensitive, dry eyes, it's nothing amazing. I also don't find myself reaching for it. I am still keeping it at a three because it is a good product, but not spectacular for the price that it sells.

on 4/12/2013 3:08:00 PM

I've been wearing makeup for more than 35 years (yikes!) and this is the worst mascara I've ever used. It does look nice on the lashes--no clumping, nice length and fullness. BUT---it smears and flakes something awful. I tried to make it work, using less moisturizer, powdering more, but it always ended up smeared on both my brow bone and underneath my eyes. And then there were the flakes--little bits of fallout that would happen throughout the day. All day long, every time I looked in the mirror, I had to clean up more smears and flakes. Two thumbs down on this one.

on 3/11/2013 1:41:00 AM

I got a sample of this at Sephora and had little expectations since most mascara turn out to be duds eventually. This on the other hand is very natural and does not clump what so ever. I've used tons of mascaras, both high and low end, and this has to be the best one I've used thus far.

on 12/5/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I thought this was very poor mascara. I got a free sample with an online purchase. It wasn't that dark and didn't do much for my lashes at all. Even for those days that I want a more natural look, there are better and much cheaper alternatives (like Almay One Coat Thickening). I'm disappointed because I thought extreme party mascara was nice and lash glamour extreme lengthening is amazing. I expected better from Bobbi Brown, a brand I am in love with.