MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It has a list of quite promising ingredients: plant extracts and green tea etc. I have dry skin and this didn't do much for me. It's quite expensive and I have to say something about this product didn't suit me as I didn't feel hydrated with it. Im not the driest type, its actually normal/dry, so it is quite funny after few hours only I became dry already. The illuminating effect lasted an hour... Max. Won't repurchase this. I recommend avoiding Mac's skincare, I don't think it's their field nor worth the prices.

Strobe cream or liquid....garbage! Unless you have dry skin...live in the desert this nonsense will give you a greasy/white head filled face! Trust me on this, they may use this on shoots and I get that..it does light you .. but the pay off was horrible. I was, after about 4 hours on the phone with my dermatologist freaking out with all the white heads...she told me what to do .. I did it and then tossed this **** in the trash! SAVE YOUR MONEY! There are so many good illuminators out there e.g. Becca...Bare Minerals...you truly are better off getting lit from those!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My favorite way to wear this is mixed with concealer to sheer it out + add a glow to it. It's a light white cream with a pinky peach opal finish, it's very sheer and mixes perfectly into liquid foundation/concealer.

I absolutely love this stuff. It's really the only reason why I still shop at MAC (because they aren't cruelty free) but I can't use foundation without using this stuff. I don't use it as a highlight/lotion, rather I use it as a mix to my foundation to give it a dewy finish and make it more blendable and I could probably mix rhe worst foundation ever made with this stuff and it would look beautiful! I haven't had any breakouts using it and it really just brings a new life to my foundations. I have an older bottle package of this as well, when it used to be in the pump, but honestly I just buy the new tubes and empty all the product into the pump bottle because I hate the packaging of the new tube.

I did a ton of research and reviewing before purchasing this, because I'm a broke college student, and it's $33...but I'm glad I did it. I really do like this product. It's literally a moisturizing highlighter that would look good on a lot of skin tones. I think this product is very different from typical highlighters because some can be very cakey and unnatural looking, but this is very smooth and gives your skin a radiant, healthy glow. I apply this under my foundation (after a primer) in the usual highlight areas on my face. I don't put the foundation directly over the strobe areas, so it still shines through beautifully. I love this product so much. The only thing I do not particularly like is the tube it comes in. It's hard to squeeze the perfect amount out; if you squeeze too much out, you can't suck it back in the tube, which kinda sucks. So just be cautious of that!

Let me preface this review by saying I'm pregnant and "hormonal", so my skin's reaction might be different under different circumstances. But I was so sooooo excited to use MAC's Strobe Cream, as the dry weather from this winter had been working my skin. I headed over to the MAC counter because I was looking to buy Studio Fix and Strobe Cream, but ended up also purchasing their Comfort face cream, the Pro Long Wear concealer and a bronzer as well. I was stooooked!

that night, I washed my face and used the comfort cream with no complaints. The first day, i used my new products with impressive results--only applied the strobe cream to the areas I wanted to highlight. The second day, I applied it all over my face on top of the Comfort Cream. I started a few little zits popping up on my chin, but usually breakouts in that are specifically related to hormones. The thing is, I haven't had one breakout since I got pregnant--only after using these products. And I'm on day, 4 or 5 and my chin is fully flared up and I have a lot of redness that was previously absent before. I'm going to try to isolate the culprit, but I have a feeling it's either the moisturizers or the concealer. Such a shame because the strobe cream really did make my skin look super dewy and silky! I felt really beautiful while wearing the product but unrecognizable once I removed it. Bummed!!

It's a great simple product; adds luminosity to the face, can be used as primer for foundation, mixed with foundation or applied as moisturiser before primer.
The product is a bit tacky upon application (and feels a bit too much sometimes) so I like to use it only in cool days/winter.

Fantastic product for a luminous and dewy glow! I use this under my foundation and ugh... The glow it gives is exceptional. I mix a bit with my foundation too for a extra dewy finish - but beware and do not mix this with an already luminous foundation or you will look like a grease ball! It's good for placing on the high points of your face for highlighting, but personally I find it nicer to use a powder highlighter. The ingredients in it are amazing including green tea - an anti-oxidant. Ultimately, a holy grail favourite product that I will cherish till it's discontinued from MAC (hopefully never <3 ).

Got this in convenient Sized to Go 30 ml tube for $12 CAD and have been loving using it as my daytime under eye cream, under sunscreen.

Love the ingredient list and the hydration level is perfect for an eye cream. The luminosity is perfect as well, which is a must for me since I still need it to look undetectable.

Previously I was using Paula's Choice Pure Radiance Treatment instead which has more of a serum gel consistency. Now I am so happy to have found this.

Great ingredients, slightly more hydration, more shine, less expensive. Love the 30ml travel size, which is also better value compared to the 50ml regular.

NOTE: While those with dry skin will benefit most from using it all over because of its luminosity, but this is not hydrating enough for dry to very dry skin. Use your favorite moisturiser over it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've had this product for a long time. At the time it was the best highlighter out there but now that contour and highlight has come to the attention of most brands there are far better products that I prefer so for that reason I wouldn't repurchase it. It's an amazing highlighter for your Cupid bow as it really makes it pop. I like to mix it into my foundation occasionally. I find myself not using it very often and the way one squeeze causes half the tube to come out really annoys me it makes the whole process messy and irritating. Not a bad product but in comparison to other makeup products that have been put on offer recently it's nothing amazing.