October 25, 2014 | 1722 users online

Cleansers - Merle Norman - delicate balance calming cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by MissyCoco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a Merle fan and this is no exception. It has truly helped resolve the sensitivity issues I have and calm the redness I was experiencing. I do not think it removes or makeup or calms as well as my Merle Daily Moisture Cleanser. This cleanser works best when I rub a small amount onto dry skin and then slowly add water until it becomes emulsified and then I rinse it. When used with this way it removes all makeup and toner gets anything I might have missed. I would and probably will buy this again but seem to like the Daily moisture cleanser better. It fights redness and removes makeup a bit better imho.

My perfect combination is Merle Daily Moisture Cleanser, Delicate Balance Toner, Delicate Balance Moisturizer. This moisturizes and fights redness and sensitivity the best for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by christine75

It felt like it didn't remove my makeup and a bit greasy, but when my skin dried it felt wonderful and I didn't need to moisturize like I usually do. I really like it! My face looked less red as well. I will repurchase and also purchase the moisturizer and facial treatment as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Walworker

I just bought this as recommended for me by paula begoun on beautypedia. For my acne prone and very dry skin due to my acne med. This is a very nice and gentle cleanser. I wouldnt recommened it for night if you are removing makeup but for morning use this is amazing. It is definetly a lot gentler than cetaphil and olay sensitive face washes. It leaves a very nice soft feeling to the skin and my face doesnt feel tight for once. I will update and let you know if this breaks out my skin as this is suppose to be for sensitive and dry skin

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by amymacd78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample and thank God I didn't buy it. I have fairly normal / fair skin with a little bit of rosacea on my chin and nose. This cleanser is for sensitive skin and it was awful. First there was zero foam action so I felt like I was washing my face with lotion. I felt like I needed to wash with my regular face wash to get this off. My skin got oily from it as well. I love Merle Norman and use other products but I will stick with my Neutrogena or Aveeno which works great and a lot cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this last winter when my skin was dried out. I never used it, as I was finishing up my "normal to dry" cleanser. Good thing I didn't. I received one as a sample, and it was not good. I felt like it left my skin greasy, and full of ick. I exchanged it for the same luxiva I had been using, and glad I went back. Just started on the Normal to Oily for summer, so I will review that one when I can!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by melrosemiss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive skin as well as rosacea and some elements of seborrheic dermatitis. I cannot use anything with alcohol or witch hazel. This entire line (Delicate Balance) is wonderful for my sensitive, Irish skin (fair, burns very easily). I do find I do better in areas with well water than city water with chlorine, but up until today when my dermatologist felt i should try Kinerase because of some aging changes, I have utmost confidence and satisfactionin this product. I always use a non-oily eye makeup remover but found that this removed the makeup I do wear - a little foundation, pressed powder, blush, and all eye makeup except mascara (and then most) but I did use a product just for that (Almay). Where I live in Maine I cannot readily get this product other than mailorder and hate paying shipping, but once I move back to PA I will not have a problem. Since I know I cannot afford the entire Kinerase line, I may use some of both. If your skin is sensitive, try a chlorine filter for any source of water you use to wash your face, or let water sit out overnight, and then just warm it before use. I know, not as simple but it does make a difference. I always remove it with a washcloth dampened with warm water and then finish with a cool rinse.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by AlwysNSrch

I have very sensitive skin. I am always looking for something that will soothe & calm, but will also clean, make pores smaller, help with oily skin, etc. I received this as a GWP. It has been in my closet forever. I had been using Neutrogena cleanser with pleasant results. My skin has decided to react to the Neutrogena cleanser. I pulled out the Delicate Balance to give it a try. I am very, very pleased with this product. I was not red after washing my face. Yeah! My skin was not dry nor tight -- felt comfortable and normal. Yeah! My pores do not seem to be as announced and I am not suffering with the blackheads. Yeah!!! I am going to purchase this once I run out of GWP. I am also going to check out the Delicate Balance toner and the moisturizer. I will give my review after my try. I noticed that reviewers stated that if you can not use anything else . . . I agree if you have tried everything and everything reacts then definitely try this product. I do believe that you will be happy with the results. Really do not understand why this got negative results. Good product.
EDIT: This product started causing problems for my skin. During the winter my skin started to go to the dry side. This cleanser was making the dryness worse and started to irritate my skin. In my search I discovered Ponds for dry skin. Ponds worked better for taking off the make-up, dryness and just plainly making my skin happy w/o irritation. More of a plus is that Ponds is a lot cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2006 2:35:00 PM More reviews by laurenb13

The MN Sales Associate recommended this product to me because I have been having reactions to pretty much everything that I have used in the past year. This cleanser worked well for about 2 days, and then my face errupted! Luckily, MN guarantees their products, and I will be trying the cleanser for Normal/Oily skin (the blue line), which I have heard is fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2006 7:20:00 PM More reviews by delta69purple

This does not remove make up at all. I noticed that the sales person said "after you remove your make up, use this cleanser". I should have known it wasn't going to remove it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2005 12:13:00 PM More reviews by iam51fab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I may be the only person in America to have a bad reaction to this cleanser, but it was the WORST. The minute I applied it, it stung so badly that I had to remove as quickly as possible. Sensitive skin cleanser? Not for mine. VERY disappointed. Be careful with this stuff if you have rosacea, etc.