July 30, 2014 | 1886 users online

Eye Shadow - mark - I-Mark Custom Pick Eyeshadow - Java

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I've hit pan on this one along with plum velvet and this is one of my favorites. It's a cool dark brown that's great for a smoky eye look. You can apply it all over the lid or crease. I've actually used this as a liner before too. Buildable color and lasts a good amount of time through out the day. It's not overly sparkly yet has a subtle amount which I enjoy because I like to have a variety of both in my make up collection. This eye shadow has lasted me a long time but since immalmost out I'll be repurchasing soon to refill my mark palette. The brushes in the mark palette work pretty well but I prefer some sigma and Mac brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by tornadotigress

This is an extremely versatile shade of brown, almost with a hint of plum. It's sheer, yet buildable, and lasts all day (and night, if you forget to remove your makeup), even if you're not wearing an eyelid primer.

I especially like this product because of the packaging concept: you put the shadow "pods" into a reusable magnetic case...most people might say this is costly, but considering the size of the shadows, you get a lot of product and use out of each set, and you don't throw away a whole plastic eyeshadow palette every time it's empty. And, of course, the initial reason, you don't have to buy a whole $10+ palette for only one shade that you like...this is, in fact, a money-SAVING packaging concept

The only reason I would not buy this again is because I am looking for warmer shades to make my blue eyes pop, and this is more of a cool brown, although it does have gold micro-shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by WestNashvilleEmD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a go-to eyeshadow for cool-toned ladies. While so many brown shadows show up too red or orange on cools, the purple tones make this brown the perfect solution.

As for the I-Mark shadows overall, I have nothing but positive things to say. What amazing quality for the price. They last all day-- I put them on in the morning, then don't need to reapply or even touch up before going out at night. They are super-blendable, which is a blessing when getting ready in the morning. Just a couple minutes and done, with beautiful results! The pigmentation on most of the colors (not all) is also great for the price.

Back to Java specifically-- I love to use it with these other I-Mark's:

Minx (all over lid)
Java (in crease)
Whisper (highlight)
Fairy Dust (all-over wash, to add extra shimmer)

This combo gives a fabulous daytime smoky eye -- dramatic, lovely without being overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by tina1wina13

I love being a mark. rep for the discount alone ahaha! Anyway, this shadow is a GEM, I love it, dark chocolate brown color with cooler tinge to it, nice shimmer great staying power! I love the mark shadows not as awesome as mac of course but great colors and actually I like these shimmers better than mac shimmers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really pretty dark chocolate coffee brown color. It's got subtle shimmer and is gorgeous for a neutral smokey eye look. It does have a slight cool or purple tone to the brown. I recommend this one to gals with green or hazel eyes especially. Absolutely love it and it's affordable!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by surfergirl_81

This is a good quality eyeshadow at a great price! Not sure yet if it will become a staple, but at $4.50 per shadow, it is certainly worth a try. It is more cool toned than most browns and I like my browns warm, but some people might like that about it. I hate the flimsy plastic packaging, but I know that if they packaged them better they would raise the price. I like that these are under 5 bucks. Try a few if you haven't already.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by lovestosmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this EVERYDAY!!! I have used this for about three years. Total HG. Goes with every other eyeshadow I have, powders, creams, minerals, all of them. Perfect for contours in the crease, and as a powder liner. Lasts forever and works really well in the clear lucite containers Mark sells. I depot and put all my powder shadow in them! A-w-e-s-o-m-e.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by darlinglilkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Total HG. Even compared to my MAC and Chanel e/s. Love the soft wearable texture of this purple flecked espresso brown. I use this as a liner with my MAC 219 brush. I love it. So smoky yet not harsh. The quality of the mark shadows is unreal. I believe you get what you pay for 99% of the time and therefore steer very clear drugstore mu. But mark is really good stuff, at least IME so far. Tiki, along with Java is total HG. Also, the Make it Big mascara is the ONLY real dupe of Diorshow. I mean, it IS Diorshow minus the rose scent and extra cost. Oh, the packaging on this e/s sucks, but what do you expect? I bought a snap-in case for it from mark and its cheap and the snap closure broke. Oh well. For a FOUR DOLLAR holy grail e/s I certainly don't care one bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by loveshimmer

I realy like marc eyeshadows, I hate the regular avon brand (poor quality) but mark is surprisingly long lasting, silky and vibrant. Java was one of my first, alon with tiki and minx. Its great for a smoky eye or in the crease, I've even used it as a lid color. Beautiful rich purplish brown. And totally under priced.wings and gioia are also great colors, all are staples in my train case.these shadows are pretty goof proof and great for beginers, I was one when I first started using them. I always use them when I'm in a hurry and still want to look pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by shiny_bones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love mark eyeshadows! To me Java looks like a dark brown mixed with a little bit of dark purple. It has very tiny shimmer that is not overwhelming at all. I love using this a liner. The staying power for these shadows is awesome. They last all day. Not to mention the pan they come in is huge and well worth the price. I will repuchase this when I run out, along with other colors! It comes in a square metal pan that is in a flimsy plastic case. I ordered the mega Snap To It Custom Color Palette so I wouldn't have to keep it in that plastic case.