August 21, 2014 | 1810 users online

Brows - The Body Shop - Eyebrow kit

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, my hair is blonde/ginger/light brow mixture and my brows are black as night. So to find a decent product for my brows is a pain in the a.. . I have the darkest option and I am very satisfied. You only need a tiny bit of the product to powder/fill your eyebrows, which is great, of course. I use it with the artdeco brow brush and the look is amazing. It has a mini compact brush of its own, but I find it a bit hard to use and also it tend to scratch my face. But still, Great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by danaylchan

I love this! I have had it for over half a year and it has barely made a dent! There is so much product in this and it stays on until the next day (I usually forget to remove my brows). The brush is terrible so I threw it away and used my own brushes, which is fine. I even use it for eye shadow as well especially when I am traveling and it's perfect!

I bought this when The Body Shop was having a 50% sale on make up and I have no regrets. It makes my brows look defined but natural. I just have to fill in my brows a little bit but since my face is really small, I can easily over do it making my brows super heavy! I don't have one of those faces that can pull it off either. The product goes on smoothly and then I brush it with a spoolie and then put a little bit of vaseline gel in my brow to hold my brow in place! Takes under a minute.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by ashleemain

I've tried so many eyebrow products and none of them have worked for me until I bought this, it's by far best eyebrow powder I've ever used. It lasts well and looks good once applied, would recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by natmc13

I ran out of my usual eyebrow pallette and they had discontinued it :(
I was recommended this by a friend.
I bought this for £10 from the bodyshop in the number 3 (darkest pallette)

I really like this, the powder goes on so easily and nice & neat :)
I havnt used the little curved brush you get as i use my good trusty angled brush i have already

The number 3 dark palette has a dark brown and a blackey/brown colour and both look good as i am dark haired

Would buy again and recommend as the colours and powder are really good quality xx

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the eyebrow kit in dark brown/black 3 in older packaging and I'm assuming the formulation of the powders has not changed. I see the included brush has, but apparently it's still subpar.

I received this from my friend, whom had found something better for her particular needs. I'm fairly blessed in the eyebrows department - they're nothing short of overgrown caterpillars in their natural state. Needless to say I'm quite a compulsive waxer and tweezer, which results in me occasionally overstepping my bounds and removing a little more than I intend to. Previously I relied on dark brown eyeshadows - slightly shimmery ones do work occasionally for me to spot-correct the sparser areas of my brows (overplucking is truly the downfall of my brows!). So unsurprising, this product works well for my purposes. It is indeed pretty darn perfect for ladies with naturally black hair. The dark brown is slightly more pigmented and the black is a tad more sheer and patchy. The black is actually a charcoal when swatched and applied. These two used in conjunction (I often mix the two for my the arch and tail of my eyebrows) are as good as it gets in turns of powder eyebrow fillers. You can gradually build the intensity of your brows and it can end up appearing pretty darn effortless and natural.

However yes, the brush is gawdawful, even the older angled foldable brush. It's not even so much that the synthetic hairs are stiff and too densely packed, the brush itself doesn't allow for a very precise line so it ultimately creates a overly pigmented thick line whether you're aiming for that particular effect or not. I usually pull out a pointed liner brush or my MAC 263 or 266.

Overall an okay brow kit, but it's not terribly unique or even convenient, considering the terrible brush and lack of a brow wax. Longevity of these powders is comparable to regular ole' eyeshadows, although they seem as them might have less emollients in them. I doubt I'll ever use up this kit, but should I ever misplace it, I'll likely just go back to eyeshadows or start testing some high end brow pencils.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Tobehonestchick

Trying out every. single. eyebrows product, it makes me so frustrated finding the "perfect" tilt colour of my eyebrows.

I have olive skin and my natural hair colour is black.

Having a black eye brows, it is difficult to find the tilt colour, I'm aiming for strong but yet, natural look like Lily Collins (google search on her). I was sooo afraid that my eyebrows will turn out to black tattoo line..

Thank god, I finally found the perfect product!
YES, IT'S THE BODY SHOP, EYEBROW KIT - BROWN/BLACK

Overall Rating: 4/5

Positive:
- Very cute packaging
- Including a mirror and brush
- Excellent palette quality

Negative
- The brush quality: Very poor, it feels like broomstick brush: rough feeling.
- Ehhhh... A bit pricey. Not so happy.

As a result.............
Gosh! I look damn good (I apologise for being up myself). With or without makeup, my eyebrow turns out to be like CARA DELVINGNE!!!!!. I was so suprised how it turns out. Yes, it has a strong and natural look into my face. My family and friends tells me that they adore my eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros : Great pigment. Great colour. Really stay put all day long. Cons : Awkward packaging. Awkward brush. Underline : I'm not sure if I'll buy it again....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by flyingpitas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first brow powder product and I got the 03 shade ("brown/black"). I was pleasantly surprised at how pigmented it is; a little goes a long way! The black is not a true black, but more of an ashy dark brown. I have Asian skintone and use a mix of both colours. Luckily, these powders did not have red undertones as some other brands suffer from.

It takes me a little longer to apply this product compared with a brow pencil but the look is more natural. Staying power is about average. If I rub it with fingers most of it comes off. The brush it comes with is awkward to hold and the bristles are stiff, so I use an angled soft brush instead.

This gets 4 lippies mainly because I like the pigment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My first brow powder! Normally I use Too Faced Brownie in the dark brown version but I wanted to try something different because Too Faced isn't sold here in the Netherlands anymore. TBS had a makeup special offer (25% off if you bought 2 items) so I bought this little kit together with a colour crush lipstick. At first I wasn't really happy with it, I have it in 3, and while the dark brown is spot on, wth was I supposed to do with the black..? I revisited the reviews here and BAM! Lightbulb!! As a liner! (Yup, I can be a bit dim sometimes :) ) Normally I use a felt tip eyeliner to draw a neat little line right on my lashline but now I use this! It gives a real natural effect as opposed to the eyeliner. Love it! The soft little straight brush is perfect for applying it as well. About the other brush I'll tell it straight: crap. Too rough and scratchy. I use an ordinary slanted brush from the DS instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The Body Shop - Eyebrow kit

The Body Shop has really been stepping up their products over the years, especially their makeup and skincare products, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of their eyebrow kit! To be honest, this is the first brow powder I bought, so perhaps take my review with a grain of salt!

The kit comes with two shades (there are 3 shade duos in total), I got the dark brown/black duo (for reference, I have Asian skintone and black hair). It comes in a round, mirrored case, and a folding brush applicator. As I'm lazy, I do actually use the brush applicator to do my brows and while I recognise that it's not the best, it does its job, and it does it well! As a result, my brows are soft and tapered, and not one bit harsh. I tend to use dark brown most of the time, as black is a little severe on my complexion. I find that it's hard to mess up when using this, as it's quite a buildable product.

It's worth mentioning that I live in Southeast Asia where it is very humid the whole year round. As I don't use any brow primer/brow gel, I find that it is able to last up to 8 hours or so!

I don't think I'll be repurchasing this anytime soon, because it actually lasts for ages (I've been using this here and there for 2 years, and I haven't made a dent), and also because I would want to try other brow pencils in the future.

UPDATE 23/9/2013
Alright, I've upgraded this brow kit to 5 stars, and I will repurchase in the future because I've finally equipped myself with an eyebrow brush, and after applying it with a proper tool, I'm quite impressed with how well it glides on, fills in my brows, and stays put the entire day - even without eyebrow gel! Also, during this time I was invited to a Tom Ford makeup event and bought myself one of their pricey eyebrow pencils. The pencil was pretty nifty, and was angled in a way that allows you to fill in your brows easily, but to be honest, I prefer this brow kit because of its duo shades, WAY more affordable price, and very reliable staying power!