October 1, 2014 | 1605 users online

Conditioner - Aquage - Healing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ForestLobster

This is a great conditioner, but my favorite way to use it is to leave it in under gel. It moisturizes without weighing down, and gives shine and reduces frizz dramatically. It smells lovely and fresh, and a little goes a long way. I find it very similar to Sally's GVP conditioning balm for reference, but I enjoy using both. Aquage has some kelp extracts in it that I believe have protein-like qualities that help strengthen hair a bit, while the GVP conditioning balm is more of 100% moisture. This conditioner definitely has helped to "heal" my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by UTcleopatra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would buy this again only as a daily conditioner. I don't think it does all it purports to do. Definitely did not seem like a deep conditioner to me. I used it in conjunction with the color protecting Aquage poo. Given the price I might consider using other brands even for a daily conditioner. I could comb through my hair easily after using this dish; but it really didn't do much for the dryness.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by tranlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this after clarifying with Kenra Clarifying Shampoo and it was not enough moisture. My hair still felt dry. I feel like this is better as a daily or every-other-wash conditioner rather than a 'healer' or any sort of 'deep conditioning' treatment. **Edit: Adding another lippie because while I would not use this after clarifying, it is a really good twice a week conditioner!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love love LOVE this product!! I got it about half a year ago, when I had my hair highlighted about three times rather close together, since I had to get rid of the red in my hair. my hair was really dry & porous, & i remember that after a few times as using this as a deep conditioner, it worked really well. I left it on for an hour under a shower cap though, & got really good results that way, since my hair needed more than just a few minutes. I suggest that to the people who said that it wasn't working as well as they wanted. dry hair needs more time to soak up all of the conditioner!

I used it again earlier today since my hair has been parched from not only the cold winter air but also from my recent dye job to get my hair back to my original root color. it made my hair really soft & supple, but i'm not using heat for a few weeks until it's repaired a bit further. I would suggest that if you have dry or damaged hair, since that just makes it worse, no matter what you're using. that's a critical thing to keep in mind girls!
I like this since it has no silicones, & i need that every so often. plus, it adds a lot of natural moisture back into my dry hair. I love it & when i run out of the big tub, i'll get more. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2009 8:03:00 AM More reviews by cutieusagi

I just had my hair bleached and color treated (twice within the last 4 months) so it's dry and damaged. My salon artist recommended this product to me and I had a $10 off coupon so I decided to try it. I washed my hair with very little shampoo and followed the instructions on the conditioner bottle-- I only put a "small amount", just enough to coat my hair, and I left it on for about 3 minutes then rinsed. For the first time in a long time, I had no tangles in my hair as I combed it! (But then again, I combed it right before showering and was careful when putting the shampoo and conditioner.) However, when my hair dried it didn't feel particularly more hydrated than it was previously. I'm just hoping for better results if I keep using it, maybe leave it on longer than last time. But as of right now, this conditioner is NOT worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by daniargie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I just tried this product for the first time so, for now, take my review as a one wash experience.
I applied this to my hair and put on a plastic cap and left it for 30 min.
My hair was really soft while rinsing it out. Did a great detangling job IN THE SHOWER but not out of it. Had to use a leave in to comb my hair.
I let my hair air dry and it didnt feel silky like the others reviews say, it was definately soft, shiny and STRONG.
I was expecting silky hair but instead it made my hair strong and less frizzy. I like the results so far but I dont feel this will be a HG for me. Takes a lot to knock out my beloved Terax Crema.

For reference, I have fine, past-waist long, highlighted hair.

I will continue to use and will update soon.

PS: This smells just like Revlon Aquamarine shampoo that I used when I was a kid.

Update: This always makes my hair feel tangly. I have to use a heavy duty leave in conditioner to take the knots out. Im taking a lippie off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

This is my 2nd favorite deep conditioner (the first being L'oreal Nature's therapy). I have super fine hair, so it's difficult to find a deep conditioner that doesn't weigh down my hair, and this fits the bills. It's rich and moisturizing without being too heavy, and my hair always feels much silkier after using it. I'm really becoming fond of Aquage products, and this is one I'll continue to use, and continue to recommend over and over!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by katiebabyy5615

Well, i am a cosmetology student, so i go to a place where they sell everything cheap so i got the big bottle for $12, which is fantastic pricing, so i thought it was going to be a crappy product. Well i have really damaged hair and i started to use it and i was AMAZED at the results. I use Paul Mitchell products usually so i just used my paul mitchell super skiny shampoo, this conditioner and Paul Mitchells heat seal out of his soft style collection and it works wonders,, but his product alone is amazing!! but you should try it this way too :)
it keeps my hair PERFECT looking!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by katiebird61402

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this conditioner! I used to work at a store that sold only to licensed cosmetologist, so I got it for cheap. I had really long hair and it made it so soft and shiny. Now my hair is about shoulder length, and I use it once a week (SInce I have to pay double the price I used to pay lol) and it makes my hair feel so good. I don't really have damamged hair, but I would recommend it for someone with even extremely damamged hair. I love the way it smells too, fresh, almost beachy clean smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great conditioner for damaged, dry hair. It has a nice thick consistency and leaves your hair well moisturized. The great thing is this can be used as a regular everyday conditioner or as a deep conditioning treatment. Here is the list of ingredients...

water, behentrimonium methosulphate, cetearyl alchohol, cetyl alcohol, centrimonium chloride, hypnea musciformis (red algae) extract, gelidiela acerosa (algae), sargassum filipendula (brown algae) extract, sorbitol, ascophyllum (kelp) extract, irish moss (red algae) extract, neptune kelp extract, dulse (red algae) extract, wakame (Japanese kelp) extract, ppg-2 myristyl ether propionate, centrimonium bromide, pentaerythrityl tetracaprylate/tetracaprate, acetamide mea, stearyl alcohol, silk amino acids, glycerin, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydratoin, propylparaben, methylparaben, fragrance

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No