October 25, 2014 | 1795 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Scalp Benefits shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Misszeeb

This is a great shampoo and leaves my fine yet oily hair beautiful and easy to manage without weighing it down. It's worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Mssugaree423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fine hair and an itchy winter scalp.
After using this product for one week, my itchy scalp improved by 90%! It really seemed to improve the quality of my scalp. The smell was ok, definitely could be taken as unisex. It was a sweet, musty, bark-like smell.

This product barely improved the quality of my hair. After using, my hair was very frizzy and had extremely dry and brittle ends. However, other shampoos were worse than this. Scalp benefits only improved the quality of my hair by about 10%. This was enough for me to switch to another product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by duwop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't work for me sadly - at all. Same itchy scalp. And it was not cheap! Also the smell was okay in the bottle and when using, but when I've dried my hair any smell completely disappears - which is annoying because I like my hair to smell clean or of something nice anyway! So this would be well suited for men.

In terms of what it does to my hair - it is fine, but nothing outstanding. Doesn't seem to have any buildup. Also has that squeaky clean feeling straight after use.

I'm sure there are lots of different scalp conditions out there so maybe it works for some people. Search continues..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ClairdeLune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this shampoo! My scalp is very sensitive - it will itch or flake if I don't wash it everyday or if I use a moisturizing shampoo. I was very surprised that it immediately calmed the redness down and removed all the dry skin on my scalp after the first use. AND it made my hair super soft and shiny, unlike any other shampoo + conditioner I've ever used before. The shampoo itself is very drying so you will have to follow up with the Scalp Benefits conditioner.

I don't notice the shampoo washing out any of the dye in my hair... but then again I'm way overdue for a touchup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by xpudding

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to have very long hair (to my belly button), and struggled with finding a shampoo that could manage my oily scalp and dry ends while keeping things light and shiny. On top of that, certain shampoos and conditioners that were too rich for every part of my hair except the drier ends would break out my face... I went to Aveda to get Shampure, mostly to prioritize a shampoo that wouldn't break out my face, and I was pretty skeptical about Scalp Benefits' ability to manage my dry ends.

I'm pretty picky about my hair and about the products I use in it, so I'm happy to say I'm really pleased with this -- I've already repurchased! Being kind of a product junky, I'll probably still experiment with other shampoos from time to time, but this will likely be the one I come back to. It has a nice, herbal smell, and you don't need to use too much of it. It keeps my oil under control and doesn't dry out the ends. I use this with the Scalp Benefits conditioner every day and Wen Re-Moist hydrating mask every couple days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After suffering a horrible allergic reaction to Live Clean shampoo and conditioner which left me with itchy eczema type rashes on my scalp and caused me to itch so bad I scabbed up (disgusting I know) and had welts, I was desperate to find something gentle.
After the Live Clean debacle I couldn't use anything on my scalp because the open crusty sores stung like hell every time soap touched it. But if I didn't shampoo the oil and sweat build up would make me itch. It was horrible.
I went into Aveda to see if they had something gentle enough it would clean while healing my poor scalp.
I'm so happy to say that I'm about a month into my first bottle and 75% healed up! I only wash every second or third day as my hair is pretty dry, so it's lasting me forever. I love the scent, it smells earthy and subtle. And the clean is gentle enough to get work-out sweat out and product build-up off, yet not sting or irritate.
I love it and will use this for a long time. I think it's the perfect shampoo for a gentle balanced clean. I do color my hair and don't notice this affecting the color at all.
Overall I'd highly recommend this to anyone suffering an allergic reaction or needing a nice gentle shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaD

I have fine hair, with an oily scalp and dry ends. My scalp is also sensitive and prone to itching. I needed a shampoo I could use occasionally to remove excess oil build-up and deal with my "itchy scalp" spells. I've tried other healthy scalp shampoos with little success, such as Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat. They only succeeded in drying out my scalp (and ends), which made the itching worse. I decided to try Scalp Benefits, and this has worked much better for me. It cleans away the excess oil and calms my scalp, without leaving it feeling dry. It doesn't strip my ends either. I use this every third or fourth shampoo, and since I've started using Scalp Benefits I've been able to keep itchy scalp at bay. I paid $15.50 plus tax for an 8.5-oz bottle, but given I don't use this every day the bottle will last me a long time. As a bonus, the shampoo has a pleasant herbal scent (not overwhelming) that leaves my hair smelling nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I wish I would have come to MUA and read reviews instead of reading reviews at the Aveda website. I have a horribly sensitive scalp that reacts to so many products. I went to an Aveda store armed with knowledge about this product and the SA suggested that I buy this shampoo, the matching and conditioner and Dry Remedy. (I ignored her). I think I know why she suggested the Dry Remedy, because this shampoo has made my hair SO DRY. I am still itchy, but not as bad as so many shampoos have made me. I wash my hair with it every few days with this, but I think I'm scaling back to once a week and alternating with another shampoo.I just don't have enough products in my shower (sarcasm). Will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Dancetoittoday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works well, love the smell. My scalp felt very good after using after a week. The only thing that was not great about it, the cost. I paid $70 for the big bottle. For that, I think it should have came with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by snozzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this shampoo, it smells nice and it gets my hair clean. I don't have any scalp concerns, I just got scalp benefits because I like the smell better than shampure. I haven't had any problems and my hair seems just as healthy as with any other aveda shampoo. In the winter I trade off between this and dry remedy.