July 28, 2014 | 2169 users online

Toners - Dove - Essential Nutrients Clarifying Toner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by RabbitwithFangs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Quite possibly the best toner in the world and it's under $12 dollars. No alcohol, but some retinoids and really good moisture-binding ingredients - someone with oiler skin doesn't even need to use a moisturizer. Go, Dove.!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by sheidadentist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its dirt cheap with beautiful ingredients,when I first read I couldn't believe ,green tea,retinyl palmitate,grape seed extract.........
Its uncommon for dove with those l'oreal-like boring moisturizers!
But this is a very brilliant toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by summerlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I quite like this toner. At first I wasnt so sure whether this alcohol free toner would really get rid of excess dirt after cleansing. But after using it for few weeks now I must say it really isnt that bad. It does feel a bit sticky in the beginning and it takes a lil bit more time to dry, but that doesnt bother me. Im pretty satisfied =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

This toner is the best that i've tried. I think it's alcohol-free because of the smell. cleanses and refreshes and de-flakes your face. It's well priced as well and lasts a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by jadoreDIOR22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used a lot of toners which had alcohol in them and it strips all the moisture from my face so i wanted to buy one thats alcohol-free. once i bought this, I fell in love with it.
It smells nice and if you look at the ingredients list it has tonnes of natural plant and flower extracts which is very good for your skin. I wouldn't call this an astrigent and it's more of a protective liquid for your face but it suits my normal-dry skin perfectly.
:D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by xsannex

I love this toner! :)
First of all, the smell is very pleasant. Not too much in your face, not too chemical, but nice & fresh.

Unlike what others may have said, I think it is suitable for a heavy-duty rinse (but not for eyes!). Use it twice, and your skin is superclean.
I have a combined skin, it depends on my period wether it's acne-prone, oily or dry. This works for all types of skin. Since I started using it, my blemishes are mostly gone and my skin really looks nourished. I bought this in a hurry in the supermarket because I ran out of my Clinique tonic.

I never expected to like it this much. It's well worth it's money!
It may feel a little damp/wettish after you applied it, but it will sink in your skin making it supersoft. Sometimes, on hot days, I only use the toner and no moisturizer (because it sweats off). Does not tingle or irritate AT ALL.

It's very cheap and it works, love it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by emmiej

Dove Essential Nutrients Clarifying Toner contains many antioxidants to shield skin from environmental aggressors and other ingredients which mimic healthy skin.

I have read other reviews here that said the toner was like "glorified water" and didn't clean their skin, but I think this toner's real function is as a skin protector, not as a product to remove make-up and dead skin.

However, I did notice a tiny amount of residual grime came off on the cotton wool, but if you want a toner with the power to dissolve heavy duty dirt and cosmetics left over after cleansing, this isn't the product for you.

I have combination skin that is oily in the t-zone and slightly blemish prone, and perhaps this toner does its best work for someone who, like me, does not wear a lot of make-up and does not have a build up of dead skin left over after cleansing.

The toner is a little bit sticky on application, and does not absorb as quickly as alcohol-based toners I have used, however, after layering on moisturiser and foundation when the toner was almost dry, I no longer noticed any stickiness and my face felt matte and comfortable.

The sensation on application is cooling and fresh - no irritating tingle.

I road-tested this toner because I was unhappy with the redness my previous alcohol/witch hazel based toner caused in my cheeks. Dove Essential Nutrients Clarifying Toner does not leave my face burning or flushed, and I also have less blemishes.

The budget price - under AUS$7 - makes it worth a try.

I would only recommend this toner to others who find their complexion is clean enough with cleanser alone, who already use a rinse-off exfoliator, and want to add antioxidants to their skin care regime.

I give the toner an overall 4/5, because of the antioxidants. It would earn top marks if only it had more power to erase heavy residual make-up and dirt, which would ultimately make it appealing to more people.

The flip lid only gets 3/5 because it threatened to pop open in my make-up bag. A screw top lid would be better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

This toner didn't do anything for me. My skin was the same whether or not i used it. It's just like a bottle of water, it didn't remove the last traces of makeup or cleanser, which really is the main purpose of a toner. It didn't help my products absorb better either. I guess i could just sum it up and say it does absolutely nothing! the only thing i liked about it was the flip top packaging, makes things easier.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by LowSelfEsteem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is my new back-up toner that I use when cleaning my face after wearing MMU or if I've been out in the graden getting grimey ;-P I had previously been using a Nivea Visage toner for this purpose but they recently re-formulated and included alcohol in it's ingredients! Why!? Anyway....their loss and Dove's gain.

This is alcohol free, moisutrising and has some very nice ingredients in it...all for under $10! Yay! It contains Vit A & E, green tea & cholesterol. I could do without the fragrance but it's not so bad. This is a great toner for the price. Try it! :-) (BTW this has actually only recently come on to the Aussie market which is weird considering that in the US it's been discontinued for ages! LOL we are so backward!)

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, PEG-4, Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Glycereth-7, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Cholesterol, Camellia sinensis Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Phospholipids, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by julieohho

this product is ok, if you dont have ny problems with your skin...but this toner oddly enough made my face feel sticky,! i guess its a very mositurising product but with my blemish prone skin, i would never buy this again!