October 30, 2014 | 1864 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Starlight Eye Shadow

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was disappointed with how average the quality of this shadow was. If you're looking for an extremely minimalist look, then this shadow might work, but I would sooner reccomend UD, MAC, Lorac, TheBalm, RBR, Wet n Wild, and Chanel eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Starlight is simply perfection! This shadow is what I'd hoped MAC's Shroom would be. In the pan, it looks quite peachy - I almost passed it up because I figured it was awfully close to Kitten or MAC's Naked Lunch, but applied, Starlight really does look like the colour of starlight - a shimmery, silvery beige that is perfect at a brow highlight and for brightening up the inner corners of the eyes. In many ways, it's like MAC's Naked pigment but so much easier to use than a loose powder pigment. It's very pretty as a light wash all over or on the lids, with something matte and neutral in the crease. I really like it applied all over the lid and up to the brow bone, with the strongest concentration on the lid itself. With a soft, fluffy brush, Starlight also works well as a cheek bone highlighter - it is that versatile and that pretty. All in all, a really great purchase. I just love Stila shadows - I think this is my 5th and every one of them is really good - well pigmented, great colours, apply smoothly and without fallout.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by fairlady01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alas, it's the perfect eyeshadow for an all over wash of color for pale gals! Starlight brightens up my eye area beautifully and makes my blue eyes pop. It's not too dark and pink like Mac Naked Lunch or Jest (or Nars All About Eve), not too frosty like Urban Decay Sellout, and the texture is buttery smooth. I never get any fallout with it, and it lasts all day with a primer. Some days I even use it as a highlighter and lightly sweep it over my cheekbones for a bit of a glow. The pan is HUGE and has lasted me a couple of years using it every other day or so. The pigment is very rich, and it's glowy without being too shimmery against my NW10 skin. This particular eyeshadow makes me so glad Stila exists even though I don't use any of their other products, haha!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this as a less loud alternative to kitten. I was hoping for a more transparent, less frosty version of kitten. Unfortunately, I don't actually find it any more wearable. It's less sparkly, but it has more sheen, which translates to frosty if you apply even a bit too much. I thought I could use it as a wash, but it's too whitish for that. The whitish undertone might make this a better kitten alternative for cool skinned girls. I have light warm-toned skin, so this isn't good for me. It just looks too obvious. It's hard to apply a small enough amount. I've tried all different brushes. I'm sticking with "sun," which is something like kitten and starlight, but with slightly more color and smaller sparkles. But it's definitely only for warm-toned skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by cakeface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like to use stila starlight e/s as a highlight and it really does create that glow that i love. It is a little sparkly but after blending it it really looks beautiful! i use it on top of my cheek bones and down the bridge of my nose. sucha fab e/s

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Stila is -- from my experience -- not friendly to cool skin tones. Its foundations are invariably too warm/yellow (and dark, if you're of the PPP persuasion), and Kitten -- its so-called universally flattering shade -- is the most frostaliciously godawful orange.

HOWEVER, Starlight is an exception. Starlight is "Kitten" for the truly pinkishly pale. Or at least, it's what *I* always wanted Kitten to be: a nice wash to wake up my face on those mornings when time is short.

Like any Stila shadow (that isn't a matte formula), the texture is buttery smooth, and it wears well throughout the day (with UDPP, anyway).

My only caution is that Starlight, like Kitten, is a "shimmering" Stila shadow, which means it's very easy to over-apply and look a bit TOO sparkly. Assuming, of course, you think there is such a thing. ;)

The bottom line is that if you dislike Kitten for the same reasons I do, give Starlight a try. It's the kinder, more mature, more sophisticated sibling. ;)

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by greenapples365

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was my first Stila shadow and what got me hooked on the brand. It's the one colour I use everyday, and it lasts all day. It's a perfect neutral!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best eyeshadow (consistency AND color) I have ever used. If you don't buy any other Stila product, buy this eyeshadow if you're a PPP! Stila Starlight is my HG, and it's as important as moisturizer, blush, concealer, and mascara for me. I wear it every day, rain or shine, with any other color. As an NW15 ivory-skinned gal, Starlight is almost a perfect match to my skin, but a hint brighter. It has just the right amount of shimmer to make you look polished and grown up as opposed to glittery. Starlight is a grown up, less pink and 100% more wearable version of Kitten. It's the only product I've ever hit pan on! I'm praying they never stop making it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by cleavereuphemism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wasted so much money buying Stila "neutral" shimmers and ended up with every shade of gold imaginable. Much as I love Stila shadows they have way too many shimmery gold/brown/bronze colors that are all really similar and/or ridiculously glittery.

People on the makeup board told me to buy this and I ignored them for far too long. It really is a a neutral. And for Stila, it's very subdued. It works as a highlighter with all of their colors - warm, neutral, and cool. Light wash with a little shimmer. Don't waste your money, just get this one if that's what you're looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my all-time favorites; it's stunning as a wash, goes with practically any other shadow, and the quality is on par with stila. Starlight is one of my three staple eyeshadow washes, along with mac Shroom and Grain, but it really is at the top of that list. It's a little darker and a tad bit more neutral than shroom, maybe a bit more silvery, whereas shroom is a bit more taupey. Though it's a close race, starlight is the winner; shroom is beautiful, but doesn't go with some colors and can be too light to wear by itself. Grain is a tad bit darker, peachier, and not as "glowy" as Starlight. So while I love both of these, Starlight is the most beautiful and versatile. It goes with warm, cool, and neutral shadows. It can be used for a more dramatic or more understated daytime look. It is far less frosty and obvious than kitten, yet has enough shimmer to add that spectacular but subtle sparkle to your eyes.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No