September 22, 2014 | 990 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Go Straight Straightening Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 8:56:00 AM More reviews by hamsley72

I love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 2:53:00 AM More reviews by aligator

i bought this brush because i saw it in a magazine. i have weird wavy/curly/straight hair that is impossible to curl! so i straighten it often. the flat iron was totally damaging my hair so i wanted to try something new. this brush looks like a flat iron but it's a brush. there is a button that slides and locks it in place when it is being stored. the one i got is purple but i bought a blue one for my friend. i paid $9 for mine. i usually blow dry my hair till it is almost dry. then i heat up the brush with the dryer to warm it up. i pull it through my hair and dry on low heat. after i have finished my whole head, i use frederic fekkai's glossing cream which makes it soft and frizz free. the result is straight smooth hair! this brush has made my life a whole lot easier! i love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2007 2:42:00 AM More reviews by PlNKdiamond

this brush didn't work for me but it may be because i am trying to use it as a straigtening iron substitute. i have a perm and thought that this might do the job on days that i am to hurried to flat iron when i want the straight look. i didn't expect it to straighten my hair but i thought it could give me smooth waves for a less curly look. i was wrong because all it did was poof up my hair and tear alot of it out (even with plenty of detangler and leave in conditioner). oh well, i guess this is how we learn.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2007 1:47:00 AM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm torn. The idea of the brush is great, however in practice to use it is very time consuming and frustrating. It does make my hair nice and shiny and smooth, and it does make the flatironing process quicker and easier (I have thickthick wavy hair, so to straighten it is never a one-step deal.) The bristles bend, and unless you take the time to ensure your hair is aligned in the brush properly, your arm gets quite a workout trying to pull it through wet hair. Basically, it's alot of work for results not much different than those from a round brush. It might be good for girls wih thinner, straighter hair, but thick curly haired girls would probably have an easier time without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by juss_adorkable

Worthless. I used it once and it just ripped out some of my hair but didn't straighten it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by blondie0815

This was a total waste of money and did nothig for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2006 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Sleepie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I have naturally straight hair (I'm Asian) and for days when I'm too lazy to break out the flat iron but still want a straighter look than when I let my hair air-dry, I use this. I find it works best if you aim the dryer at it for a bit to heat it up a little before actually starting to dry your hair with it. The bristles do get bent and damaged-looking after a while; my first one lasted almost a year before I needed to replace it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2006 10:14:00 AM More reviews by tiredfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess I'm another person in the minority here, but I really like this. My hair is baby-fine and currently chin length. Before getting this brush and using it in conjuction with a vidal sassoon ionic hair dryer, I never styled my hair unless it was done in the salon. It's naturally wavy and difficult not only to style, but to retain style. This brush is perfect for me because I hate that overly "done" look & the crispy feeling my hair gets when it's heat styled. For whatever reason this gives me soft, slippery, shiny hair that looks (and feels) naturally healthy and bouncy. Even in this dry winter and just after a snow it didn't get frizzy or dry.

My technique may have something to do with it, but I don't do anything that special. I use a small amount of Frizz Ease Lite serum when my hair is wet. I let it dry naturally until it's damp, not wet and not dry, and then I use the brush and dryer small section by section. I keep the setting low and in about 5-10 min my hair is done. Easy, and for someone who is kind of styling retarded, that's saying a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2005 9:58:00 PM More reviews by juheenuna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am Asian, and this is a must!!!! I can't believe I tried to use the straightening iron!! This works like magic. I would blow dry my hair first just a little bit. Then I apply a dime-size drop of hair sillicon and use this brush to straighten my hair! Lovely and shiny. Love it. Will buy it over and over again!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Shopaholicx131

I use it rarely, to straighten my bangs when I have to go somewhere right after I take a shower. I have attempted to use this on all my (long, medium-thick, wavy) hair, and it just takes too long. **Edit Oct. 2** This works perfectly when I use it while flat ironing. It makes my hair a lot straighter in half the time. It's pretty much the same thing as the maxiglide flat iron (with the combing pin things).