August 22, 2014 | 1059 users online

Lip Treatments - Desert Essence - Lip Rescue w/ Shea Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I get chapped, raw lips every winter and this balm is a lifesaver. It's very rich, very moisturizing, and long-lasting. Best of all, it doesn't leave my lips feeling waxy, an issue I had with many other balms I used before finding this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by dkarb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Without a doubt the BEST lipbalm I have ever bought, and trust me, I have tried dozens over the years. I get really dry and irritated lips, especially in the winter. I bought this on a whim in a small "natural remedies" shop in the outskirts of Toronto when I was on holiday. The lipbalm got me through the harsh Canadian winter without any dry lips or complaints. It has a mild pleasant scent, and stays on for a while.

I am now tracking down other retail stores that sell this product outside of Australia, and am planning to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by rubie17

So I just got the worse cold ever and the fact that I was blowing my nose, licking my lips, and the 15 degree weather outside in Colorado, did no help my already dried out lips. They were cracking, peeling, and bleeding. I tried everything! eos, softlips, carmex, blistex, Vaseline, rosebud salve, etc. nothing worked as well as this one did within an hour my lips looked and felt better, and within a few seconds of putting on instant relief! Thank goodness I found this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love lip balms in all shapes, types, sizes, however my favorites are those that I don't have to dip my fingers into. This is the swivel type which satisfies that need. The formula is waxy, not hydrating at all, which means I need to make sure my lips are perfectly smooth and hydrated BEFORE applying this product.

Works great for an under gloss or lipstick because it's got zero slip in the texture. I don't like it for an over-night balm because it tends to dry out my lips overnight, don't really understand why. I wish the ingredients included more of an oil content and less of a wax. Not sure if I would purchase again, maybe in an emergency, but it's not my fave.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by meloli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm. All the other more natural lip balms (burt's bee's, aveda, body shop) I used this past winter felt like they just sat on top of my really dry, almost scaly (yuck!) lips - they weren't able to work past the really dry patch. This was the only one that penetrated through the dry patch and made my lips soft again. Nice light scent and a light layer goes a long way on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by cestvrai

Now to begin with I'm a Shea butter junkie.
I really love this chap stick because it has some great natural ingredients no chemicals in it. So if you are very consicious on what you put on or in your body this is good product to at least give it a try. It is a little more expensive than your typical chap stick ranges from about $1.50-$2.00 at your local natural or organic goods store.
The smell is lemony doesn't really have a taste to it at all. Also it isn't thick unless you really try to press it on your lips, a little goes a long way.
The only thing I don't like is that I believe they might use refined Shea butter in it which means some of the beneficial qualities have been stripped away. Besides that it's a great little chap stick. I highly recommend giving it a try if you can find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by bloou

This is a great balm. I haven't tried it on extremely chapped lips, but it works at keeping my lips moisturized. I think it prevents it from getting dry. What interested me about this balm is the peppermint (LOVE the original Burt's Bees). But quite frankly, the peppermint is really subtle. Like if I didn't read the ingredients, I might not know there's peppermint in this. Despite not having a tingle, I still like this a lot and will keep using it. The scent is really unique- like creamy with a hint of citrus. I didn't expect it to work because the texture is lighter than I expected. I am really happy I bought this. Overall, this is a lip balm that works and is also petroleum-free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

best natural lip balm ive ever used . It has saved my lips this winter, I use it every night before bed. Has a very light vanilla creamsicle scent and really moisturized my lips without feeling too heavy or sticky. I beleive its matte too so you can wear it with lipstick too for some added moisture. BEST part about this is its completely natural!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

smells nice (orange creamsicle-like) but i feel this does not smoothe out my lips as good as my neosporin lip therapy..i feel this product just coats it in wax and just sits on top of my lip...i even prefer dr bronner's magic lip balm over this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by QuirkyFashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This lip balm does is not moisturizing enough for my high-maintainance lips, nor is it healing enough. The packaging is awful, so ugly.

The smell, however, is really nice.