April 17, 2014 | 1483 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Multi-colored Peach to glow

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

i'll start out by saying
If you are medium or above in terms of skin tone don't even bother getting this you won't see it on your skin.
This product makes no sense.I got this thinking to would be similar to n.y.c color wheel products so that I could use this as a blush .The blurb online that i read before going to the store implied that was what it was used for.I was very disappointed to learn that there isn;t enough pigment in this product to show up on my skin(and I'm ivory).If you put it all over your face it gives you a bit more color which is good I guess for the winter.
For the price in Canada retails for 20$ I got it on sale for 5 thank goodness,
The packaging is horrible and it like that brand wide it seems.The product itself with the lid takes up only 25% of the packaging total. The brush compartment needlessly takes up the rest.As for the brush it doesn't work but no surprise there

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by vivi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this for a friend thinking it was a great product. I am SO GLAD I did not give this to her. This is the worst item I've ever bought (and I'm quite the impulsive shopper).

I don't even know what this product is supposed to accomplish. It doesn't cover well, it doesn't make you "glow", it just makes you pale orange. The product is advertised as a bronzer, but it honestly makes you more flat and pale than you began with.

As for the packaging....Oh boy! The mirror is UNDER the compact which makes applying a pain. The top lid doesn't clamp tight (maybe mine broke right at the start, which is even worse), so there's no way for me to put this in my bag. The flimsy brush is utterly pointless for a powder. Even a cheap sponge would have been better. I'm flabbergasted at the stupidity of this product.

Complete waste of $15 CDN. This drugstore brand isn't cheap. You can buy much better products for the same price (NYX for example).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Eck.

I'm always looking for that perfect peachy blush for my pale complection. Peach can be tricky because often "peach" really means "orange". I like orange. Love it in fact. I painted by bedroom orange. I carry a huge orange purse. I have more orange jewelry than any woman has a right to.

But on my cheeks? Not so much.

Thankfully I didn't have that problem with this product. It wasn't too orange. It wasn't too anything. It was just....blah. I'm pale, so I can make colors work that most people can't. But this product is really odd. It's just a flat, chalky, vaguely peach toned powder. It's too pale to be blush, let alone a bronzer. Nor is it luminous to be a highlighter. I might try this as an all over lid color. It could work for that I think.

But $13 dollars for a product with such ambiguosity of purpose is a bit much. I wouldn't buy this again, unless it turned out to be the base eyeshadow staple of my dreams. Not holding my breath.

I just didn't get it. And I can make almost anything peachy work for me in some way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by mulove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is marketed as a face powder. However, it is NOT. I used it as a all over face powder first and it made my face muddy orange-y. This product is more of a matte blush and maybe a bronzer to some? but then it's too orange-y..... Anyways, swirled together gives nice matte orange peach color. I do not like the packaging at all. It's little bulky and the fact that the mirror is underneath the product is silly. You flip the product over, take the brush out (if you use the brush. I do for touch-ups), close it to get the product and flip it over again to see the mirror to apply it. You have to repeat this process for reapplication. This probably won't be an issue if you only use the product at home where there's vanity mirror and separate brush and all, but I do take my blush of the day in my makeup bag on daily bases, so it's very annoying to me. I actually have depotted this and put it into another empty, just good old traditional powder case. I like it much better that way for the road. Would I recommend this to anybody? No, I think the word 'glow' in the name is not what the product is. And I do find the color to be orange-y than peach-y. I feel like you can find something better for cheaper price and get better result.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by starlakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like this product. I wear it the same way that you would wear bronzer. Gives my pale washed out skin a nice healthy glow, and I wear my regular blush on apples of cheeks.

I like that it has no shimmer....PF powders can get a little dry after a while. Probably my only complaint. I just make sure I moisturize really well and use a light application.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by JoJoBa1016

This product gives me a nice glow just as it promises. Just as long as I don't overdo it I no longer need to look like I haven't seen the sun in years.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by nicholetiffany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Packaging is chunky and compact is not compact at all. The included brush sheds, but of course this is typical of included cosmetic applicators. The color looked promising (I bought the Peach-to-Glow), but found it looked more like a blush to be applied on cheeks only rather than an all-over illuminator. Price is not justifiable, and powder gets cakey after a while. Would not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kdeichsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Super bulky packaging.

Ridiculous Brush.

peach face powder?

Aside from these quibbles, the product as a blusher ends up looking phenomenal on my warm, pale skin. It brings out my blue eyes, and does not compete with my flamingly red hair, and ends up just giving me the right amount of colour.

But i wouldnt buy it again - super expensive for a drugstore brand, yet the packaging itself looks like cheap, child's make up. For a brand that is significantly more expensive than most drugstore brands, you'd think a little extra effort would be put into the packaging/advertising.

Oh well - i'm happy with it for now. Add a little gold shimmer on top, and voila - perfectly summery cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by benandjerrys

I've had this powder for so long. Don't remember where I bought it or how much I paid for it. Does powder expire? Anyway, I use this rarely. I'm not into powder, especially on my nose, since they seem to magnify my pores. This powder is ok for oil control, yet my nose is the oiliest area. I don't see much of a "glow", but it's alright. I have light-medium, yellow toned beigy skin. It's just ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 6:28:00 PM More reviews by foka777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! very beautiful peach colors! I can adjust the shades by making it lighter or darker just by picking up different pigments in the palette. Mostly I use it as a blush, but recently I use it as a bronzer too in winter, and the result is pretty radiant! very nice, I'll buy it again!