December 20, 2014 | 894 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Ponds Nourishing Moisturizing Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by daria33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a travel size for a long flight a while back when I didn't have any other rich moisturizer because I figured an old-school cream would be good for the dry environment on planes. Which it is--I rather like the texture actually and don't find it oily or unpleasant, it sinks in well and hydrates. (Reminds me of Nivea, not the little blue tin one, but the one in the plastic jars, kind of whipped but thick.) But it gives me little red flat pimples on the cheekbones. It's probably the Isopropyl Palmitate which is a 4 on those comedogenic lists and is featured pretty prominently here. I use it occasionally on forehead, neck, and backs of hands.

The fragrance is a bit harsh to me, so that could be off-putting for someone who doesn't like scents or who might react to them with skin irritation. But on the plus side the scent is not particularly feminine, so it could work for a man.

Yeah, it comes in a jar, not a squeezy tube, but I kind of dig the shape of the jar and might save it to reuse later for something. The label is not stuck to or printed directly on the packaging, it's like a wrap that goes around.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This isnt my favorite moisturizer but it is def a cheap and great one! I have a horrible oily T zone but my chin gets disgusting and dry. Making all my makeup just grab at it. This works really well on my dry spots. I cant use it all over because it's too oily. Wish it came in a pump so I wasn't digging my hands into it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by mermaidatheart

I usually use the Ponds Dark Spot Correcting (Pink bottle) but sadly it was out of stock. I decided to give this one a try. I used it before bed the first time. The cream itself is very thick and feels sticky on the skin. The next day I noticed all it did was give me an oilier nose. I figured I would just use less on my nose area. On the second day, oh boy! My forehead had little bumps and my nose and its surrounding area was even more oily! I stopped using this and I eventually got the pink Ponds and the bumps disappeared after a few days. This product is definetly not for me. Maybe people with dry skin can benefit from this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

so I really wanted to like this as a bed time moisturizer. I like the way it feels going on. Its smooth. Makes my skin pretty soft the next day. Smells fine and isnt overpowing. You only need a little to spread around. I cant wear it on my whole face tho. The two nights I tried I got up with oil around my nose and chin and a few pimples that weren't there before. I still give it a good review tho because I think its just not for my skin. I will probably use whats left on my neck and chest and hopefully it wont break me out. I only got the travel size so I didnt spend too much money on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Lvdrew319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As much as I wanted this to work for me as a full face moisturizer, it did not. It didn't make my acne worse but that's probably due to the fact that I diluted it with water and tried it with a pea sized amount. Since I have mild acne and dry skin, I'm looking more for something that can be included in a regimen that makes my acne get better, not stay the same. This is a difficult search for me because my skin can't go without moisturizer for more than a day.

However I didn't throw it out, it worked great for me as an eye cream. If you want to try this, my advice to you is to get the trial size small tub, it was only $1.50 USD. I found it at my local walmart in the travel size section where all the mini toothpastes and shampoos are. Idk where other walmarts would offer that size but it's worth looking there if you want to try for little money.

I wouldn't by another for eye cream only because I've recently discovered St. Ives Collagen Elastin Timeless, which also didn't work for me as a full face moisturizer, is AMAZING as an eye/neck moisturizer. and even great on the body. I bought it for that purpose but tried it as a full face moisturizer just to give it a shot.
I don't recommend the Ponds Crema S for oily skin, especially if acne prone, but it's def worth a try if you can find the travel size. and if your skin hates it, try on the eyes or neck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this for a while. recently decided to use it. Mind you I have used both st. Ives collagen moisturizer and L'Oreal collagen. ..sadly broke me out. this stuff moisturized my skin and didn't break me out. no greasy after effect. I'm curious to try out their collagen version one. nevertheless, I love this! highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by layersoflife

This caught my attention in the sample/travel size section at Walmart. I didn't want to buy a huge bottle of product if I wasn't sure I was going to use it so I went with the sample. It ended up being a smart purchase.

It's not actually all that bad. It moisturizes my skin wonderfully- I just don't like the greasy feeling it leaves on my face. The trick is to use it in small amounts. I usually dot it around my t-zone, cheeks, chin, etc and then lightly smooth it into my skin.

Because I don't like the feel of greasy/heavy products on my face, I discovered that applying baby powder to my face after the ponds cream helps TREMENDOUSLY. It helps even everything out and my face is not too dry/not too sticky and greasy.

Now I use PONDS in my everyday facial routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by goodcreams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

People give such STUPID reviews!!! This is a great product!!!! Not every product agrees with everyone!!! If it breaks you out, then it's not for YOUR skin, duh!!! As for the nonsense regarding jar packaging, oh please, wash your damn hands before applying your cream!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

Terrible Product!!! I have acne and dry skin and it broke me out so much, as for my dry skin it did not help at all. Also since it is in a tub/jar it is very unhygienic. The whole tub went to the garbage. Def will not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this so much, but it breaks me out...:( Don't risk it guys try another