September 2, 2014 | 1829 users online

Eye Shadow - Alexis Vogel - Dare

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by flufffycloud9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

(Yippee! You can still the original of this product on Ebay. I just received 2 from jennb_1125. So I'm set for this product for like 5 years :)

This review is for the original Dare by Alexis Vogel (NOT makeupconnection). This came with my kit in 2004 and lasted me for 2 years until I broke the shadow & the remaining third spilled out. I went without it for 3 sad years, trying countless other brands & never finding one I liked as much. Just the other day, I thought to look on Ebay & found a couple of the originals! And now I've stopped wasting money, the search is over :)

Color: I'm sorry to disagree with other reviewer, but Milani Spice is just not a replica for this. I know because I own both. Spice IS quite pretty but it is a more intense color- browner & with more glimmer. I do love Spice but don't expect it to be spot on.
Dare is a beautiful color- pigmented but not harsh, very buildable. I'd recommend using a light hand to start off. (Tap brush into eyeshadow, then tap excess back into pot.) I LOVE how it is not sparkly. I'm not sure how Alexis Vogel did it, but they managed to formulate an eye shadow that have sheen without sparkles. Subtle and beautiful.

Texture: SILKY. Wow, I never really understood how the term could be applied to eyeshadows until I tried this one. I'm amazed how a powder can go on like butter. Adheres very well, I don't use primer when I'm using this shadow. Stays all day.

Packaging: The lid is annoying. I wish it snapped or something instead of screwing. Hard to line up sometimes but at least it never falls off. My own klutziness has spilled this and the blush (same container) all over. Learn from my mistakes and don't let it rattle around in your makeup case or it will slowly disintegrate into powder and make spills 10X more likely.

Note: Sugar Sparkle Dust perfectly compliments this shadow- After Dare is applied, I dab a dot on with a damp finger- the inner center of the lids, blended a wee bit into the crease. And swept along the brow bone of course with a little brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 8:10:00 AM More reviews by RMulieri

This is my go to eye shadow.I buy eyeshadows all the time looking for that perfect one...I always return to DARE it is the BEST

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

It is long-lasting and it truly does help to give your eyes lots of attention!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2007 12:25:00 PM More reviews by smiling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Paul Monea Owner of Alexis Vogel Cosmetics, and Makeup connection Knowingly charged customers for makeup kits, and goods that were not in stock, and did not ship the products for months if ever.

He discontinued Alexis Vogel Web site, and started Makeup Connection pretending that Alexis Vogel was purchased by another makeup company. It in fact was not he was the owner of the old company, and is pretending he was not.

He also has not been shipping the same cosmetics that customers think that they are purchasing. He has changed formulas, and is passing the cosmetics off as the same formula.

The owner can has laid off all of his employees except for his mother, Gayle Monea, and his girlfriend Gina.

His business is in jeprody due to the high volume of chargebacks he has received, and the fact that the credit card companies are now penalizing him for these chargebacks.

The last three employees that were let go were being paid under the table, since he could not afford to pay the pay roll company ADP to produce real legal paychecks.

Also the last three employees have yet to be paid for their final work week, and for the shortage on their paychecks.

Be ware if he can not pay his employees how can he provide the products he is supposedly shipping?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kittybrmow

I love taupes, but I hardly wear eyeshadow and this would be better suited for darker skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2005 7:21:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NC20, LLL, Green-Hazel Eyes---> I got this eyeshadow as part of the AV kit and I am pretty impressed. Dare is an icy taupe with almost lavendar undertones. Very similiar to Shu's ME 945 or Chanel's Vega. The texture of this shadow is like powdered sugar; divine! Pigmentation is dense and easily blendable. If Dare is any indication of the quality of the other shadows in AV's line; then I would buy them all. After all of the lines I have tried, I can honestly say that this eyeshadow is one of the softest in textures/pigmentation that I own. A must-have neutral shadow; in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ammilio7007

favorite eyeshadow color that there is!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2004 11:01:00 PM More reviews by AngelaChristin

This is a beautiful, sparkly taupe, very highly pigmented and silky. Great color for everyday if you use a light hand, and can also be used for dramatic nighttime eyes if you go heavier. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2004 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ammilio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeshadow! I love the alexis vogel system! it matches and makes my eyes look SO pretty!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2004 2:31:00 PM More reviews by KaliKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Out of the AV Kit I really like this. This is a great color that can be used to create a dramatic eye or a more understated look. Its a very flattering color. Out of the whole kit I'd most likely buy this again.