September 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Powder - Sonia Kashuk - dual coverage powder foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

As long as I use this over some kind of primer (usually AcneFree Terminator 2% BP gel), it actually looks better than Lucy Minerals (which is a very superior mineral product), The coverage is sheer but surprisingly concealing with a matt finish. It definitely hides pores and minimizes redness. You can dot extra on blemishes.

I use the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge because the sponge applicator that comes in the compact is pretty flimzy and too smooth. I have never used this product wet, and it goes on much lighter than it appears in the compact. I have NC15 skin and I use #50 Beige. The foundation does not appear to have an SPF rating so I would use something that did if I were to get out in the sun much (which I do not). My only complaint is there is very little product which makes it seem overpriced. It does not stick very well on clean, bare skin. It might stick to very oily bare skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by willomina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love love love this product!!!....oh,did i mention i loveeee this product!!!!.....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by beckkfo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

--I have NEVER thrown away a makeup product before, but I threw this one out. For a target product, it was fairly expensive-- and IT SUCKS.
--NO coverage at all, and calling this a foundation is a joke! Not blendable and I couldn't even use it is a powder. Not cool, Sonia Kashuk.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by yellowjello

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't do what it says it will. The powder doesn't provide any coverage at all! When you try to build coverage, the powder settles into you pores (ie doesn't cover and doesn't blend) and you look ridiculous, especially if the color doesn't match your skin tone. Even as a pressed powder, it's kind of sucky.

EDIT:
I added another lippy because I tried what another reviewer suggested, and used the "foundation" as a setting powder. It helps reduce shine and keep your makeup in place.

ANOTHER EDIT:
I added yet another lippy because I tried the foundation with a different face primer (Urban Decay Pore Minimizing Primer) and a non fluffy, dense blush brush (haha I found this works purely by luck, because I was too lazy to switch to a powder brush), and voila! It actually gives some coverage, evens out my skin tone, and reduces shine! It's not a miracle worker, probably only ideal if you already have relatively clear, minorly blemished skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

well i don't say this often, but this just flat out sucked. i get very frustrated with misleading names! Dear Ms. Kashuk, this product should NOT have the words "coverage" or "foundation" anywhere in the name!!!! This is a very light, finishing powder. that is all. no coverage. no color. just a finishing powder. if that's what you want, then great. but if you are buying this with the hopes that it is a powder foundation (like Stila IPF, or Benefit Hello Flawless or MAC studiofix) then you will be angry like me! honestly, it's not even that great for a finishing powder--- it reminds me of that round Covergirl compact all the girls wore in the 1980s in Jr High. Ugh. Bad, bad, bad. (p.s. for reference, "Linen" is far too light for NC20. it's more like NC10-15)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by LeeleeBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am very happy with this product, but not as a foundation...I only use it as a setting powder. I took one lippie off because of the "foundation" in the title...I really don't think it works well at all in that capacity. But as a setting powder, it doesn't make me look chalky and does its job really well (it helps to use a brush rather than the sponge that it comes with). I have dry skin and a lot of setting powders make me look cakey/too powdery...not this one. But I do have to reapply it several times a day. Wish it had better staying power. I like the compact packaging it comes with (and the mirror).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

very poor color selection. i wore #9 and it was way too light for light-med skin. there was no coverage. i looked chalky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

*****Okay seriously, this is more of a pressed powder and not a foundation.*****

Take it from me, I have tried applying it wet (which goes on cakey), with a buffer brush, with a fluffy brush, and the only thing it does is make me look like I put baby powder on my face.

and as someone said, even a tinted moisturizer has more coverage. If you are looking for a good powder foundation, I suggest you try something else. this is not worth $10 unless it was advertised as a pressed powder.

dual coverage? yeah right.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by SweetDecember

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Packaging is lovely but the uber mini sponge/pad applicator is ridiculously small.

I'm really unhappy with the product itself. It's a little too expensive (about $10) for something that I end up having to retouch every hour throughout the day. It has never broken me out in pimples but it doesn't really do its job. =( It's sooo sheer it's not even funny.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by hether2783

This doesn't cover very well, and I thought it looked chalky. It's hard to get it to go on evenly. The problems get even worse if you use it wet-- i definitely don't recommend doing so. If I apply it with a big fluffy brush over another foundation, it sort of works as a powder.