OPI Big Apple Red

4.6

Best red in nail polish, HG.

If you want a cheaper, near identical dupe for OPI's BAR, Revlon Red 680 is pretty much an exact dupe, except Big Apple Red might be a note more orange.

Personally, I did not like this product at all. I have used many OPI nail polishes and they all seem to chip really easily even with a base/top coat. Additionally, they leave my nails stained with the colour once I have removed it. It takes a long time to get this nail polish off. I most definitely would NOT purchased this nail polish again because I think they are extremely over priced considering they are not very good. There are plenty of high-street nail polishes that are a lot better than this. I felt like I was just paying for the name and not the product itself (which should not be anywhere close to the price).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Big Apple Red looks reminds me of toffee coated candied red apples. Most reviews say the color is a bright true red but on my very pale yellow toned skin its a tomato red, and somewhat muted. Also pigmentation is of a slightly sheer crelly. Opaque in 3- 4 coats which is too much work for me. But I would like to try it as a single layer over a similar colored shimmery metallic or foil. I think it would glow.

Wear is poor - chips on day 1 - 2. I usually get 3 - 4 days from an Opi. Stains the skin around my nails with red dye when I take it off.

I've had better wearing and more flattering reds. So far I prefer Opi "The Color of Minnie" which is a pink-leaning true red with shimmer. I love how it contrasts against fair skin.

This is a perfectly good, serviceable shade of red. This is what they call a "true" red, it's not orangey or pinkish or blue-toned. I love red polishes and I don't know why it took me so long to try this one. It's one of OPI's most popular red polishes. It's bright and vivid, has an excellent formula too.

Opaque in two coats, and no problems with application of wear. Dries to a shiny finish.
But I have to say that it's not the ultimate red for me, there are others that I like more than this one (OPI Malaga Wine, Essie Macks). But even so I would still it buy again.

Recommended!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE the color. Perfect red for any season. The problem lies with wear. Always produces BIG chips within 2 days. OPI unfortunately didn't get the formula right with this one. Going to try Zoya Rekha; very similar in color and I am finding their formula is consistently better.

This is a super gorg red! Its like santa red!!! Perfect for tis season! I love the color and like all OPI colors they last soooo long without chipping... at least 1 week. While it looks like tomato red/fire engine red, frankly there are so many dupes out there .. so splurge if u want to, but if ur budget conscious, get a cheaper version..(psst!! there are so many)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE POLISH OF ALL TIME!

I absolutely love this color! It's the perfect balance between pink and red and it stays on for like 6 days without a top coat! It's almost worth the super expensive price of OPI nail polish but at the same time I think they would sell more if they lowered their price a bit. Otherwise, I highly recommend it!

This polish is the definition of perfection. Perfect formula, perfect color, perfect brush. There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about the polish. Well...actually I feel like the OPI packaging could have looked better (think essie, butter london, chanel etc.)

Top Rated OPI Products