August 21, 2014 | 1880 users online

Polishes - OPI - Big Apple Red

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by summergirl8830

This polish is the definition of perfection. Perfect formula, perfect color, perfect brush. There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about the polish. Well...actually I feel like the OPI packaging could have looked better (think essie, butter london, chanel etc.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not a true red, if you're looking for a true red go for opi red (I'm my opinion a true red has more of a blue undertone) I am a yellow toned asian girl nc20 and I find that blue based reds look too serious and too mature on me (just on me for some reason) so I found one that has very slight orangey tones (you can't tell) and I prefer it. It doesn't look as garish or "villain like" as true reds do (again, on me only) When I think of orange reds, i instantly think of Ronald mcdonald which is a turn off, but this one isn't like that at all.if you're very warm toned like me I def recommend this, it will look sexy and more effortless (how could red look effortless? I mean less garish). This seems to be a very popular red on here, and I could see why. It's a nice, non serious, flirty and sexy red. If you're cool toned, i suggest opi red. On my yellow toner skin, opi red stands out too much on me which I don't like.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by AudreyAndrea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is so pretty on toes! It's the only red I use! I wear this in summer or whenever I'm going away from home to visit family and friends or go on vacation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OPI is my favorite nail polish brand, because they are good quality, stay on longer than any other brand, and it doesn't hurt that I get a professional discount when I buy them. This is one of my favorite red nail polishes ever. I don't like shimmery, glittery, or pearly polishes, I prefer creams, or jellys. This is the perfect true red crelly! It has a high shine glossy finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a lover of red nail polishes and have many in my collection, but Big Apple Red is the one I find myself reaching for over and over again. This is the perfect, true red color. The color itself is to die for and the application is flawless. Let the positive reviews speak for themselves on here...you can't go wrong with this in your collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkSparkles15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have so much love for this nailpolish! I'm a huge fan of red nailpolish, but I could never find that one shade and brand that was perfect for me..until I received Big Apple Red as a gift. To start off with, this red is extraordinary and I get many compliments on how lovely the colour is when I wear it. It's a legit apple red colour and it's bright and beautiful. Some people find red nailpolish an intimidating colour to paint with, because if you apply too much to the nail, it streaks, and if you paint a little bit over the skin, it's noticeable, but with this nailpolish, you will have none of those worries! It's so easy to apply, as this nail polish does NOT streak, it dries quickly, and the nail polish brush is a great size (not too thick and not too thin), allowing applying the nail polish to the nail a much easier job because it won't go all over the skin. Big Apple Red lasts quite a long time on the nails without chipping (maybe 5-7 days) , which for me, is great! The packaging of O.P.I is sophisticated and cute, but we all already know that :p This nailpolish is a little expensive, but it's totally worth it to spend the extra and have a divine red nailpolish in your collection :)

Overall this nailpolish is perfect, as it's a beautiful shade of red, it doesn't streak, it dries fast, lasts quite a few days without chipping, and it's not too intimidating to apply. I highly recommend this product <3

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I think this is a great nail polish. This is my first OPI nail polish that I purchase.. I usually buy cheaper nail polishes, Sally Hansen most often. I wanted to have a perfect, true red in my nail polish collection and I can definitely say that this is it. However, I only noticed afterwards that it had more of a warm tone that cooler tone, and I should have opted for the latter because of my fair skin tone. Nevertheless, that is my own fault and this is still an amazing nail polish. I put a base coat as to not have my nails stained, and wear two coats for a deeply pigmented finish. I'm still a rookie when it comes to applying nail polish perfectly but I found that it didn't streak and I almost could have gotten away with one coat. I will definitely repurchase other OPI nail polishes in the future- probably not this one but a close red with a cool tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This polish is exactly what it's name implies; big apple red. This is a bright, in your face, true red. I would consider myself a red nail polish aficionado as I have a thing for the shade and hoard dozen's of red polish's. This shade is very pretty. Reminds me of a retro, pin up, cherry red. I would lean more towards this color in the spring/summer. This is a great pedi color. Application was flawless. Applies very evenly and smooth becoming opaque in 1 coat. (I always apply base, 2 coats color, and a top coat no matter what.) If you're wondering about a dupe, Essie's "Really Red" is very close.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by emilie0444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This really is the best shade. I saw my sister wearing it and I had to get it. The color is bright, attention catching and it looks great on dark skin. I'm not sure about the other reviewers because, for me, this seems to be the only polish that lasts a full week. I think after day 4 I redid the tips due to wear and tear, but it was impeccable. I would wear it every week if I could. I wonder if all OPI polishes are this great and long lasting, because it was very pricey for a cheapie like me. BUT I LOVE THE POLISH.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite polishes, very pigmented very beautiful looking. I got this with the matching lip gloss, the lip gloss is all full of chemicals, I could feel burn on my lips, maybe it's the kind that makes the lips look bigger but I don't recommend buying it...but I highly recommend the nail polish is is very beautiful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No