Lancome Foundation Brush

4.6

on 12/22/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I splurged on this brush a long time ago and ended up not using it much at first. It didn't seem like anything special. I've since tried it again and really like it. The tapered shape is useful for working foundation around my nose and eyes. The brush is good if full coverage is desired as it picks up a lot of product. Not so good for trying to apply foundation with a lighter hand, or if doing slap-dash make-up and not having much time to blend. Once I realized that, I know to only reach for it when taking the time to do full-coverage make-up for special occasions.

on 12/2/2013 11:00:00 AM

Pros:Cant think of any.

Cons:Picks up product and absorbs them resulting in using more foundation. So thats wastage. Also bristles are too soft to pick up foundation. Not firm enough. Again, u tend to pump more foundation and thats wasting. Feels like a wet paint brush, literally. Like the other reader said it clumps & boy it clumps real bad, big time!

Compared to bobbi brown foundation brush, this is soo bad/the worst! Thankfully, I got this with the holiday beauty box set so i didnt spend much. Mine comes in a travel size handle but nevertheless i still find this ineffective. On the flip side short handle makes it light, travel friendly. But wil not re- purchase. Sorry!

on 7/18/2013 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Best foundation brush out there! I have ones from Estée Lauder, Napoleon Perdis, Benefit, Chanel, Dolce and Gabbana, Tom Ford, etc and the only brush that I like just slightly less is the one by Gorgeous Cosmetics. The Lancôme brush is tapered, so I can get around the eye area, yet super dense so I can get full coverage if desired! I use this brush on all my clients and it's a go to! I have 15 of them, that's how much I love it!!! :)

on 3/29/2013 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Pros:
1. Soft and smooth
2. Long handles
3. Easy n even application

Cons:
1. It tends to clump

on 1/14/2013 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Cons
- It seems like I need twice as much foundation as I did with my old/other foundation brushes
- synthetic, NOT natural, bristles
- expensive (but average for high end brushes)
- I don't really see what the big deal is with this foundation brush & why it has gotten such glowing reviews on this site.

Pros
- Blends well

Would I repurchase? NO.

on 8/30/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this brush at Shoppers Drug Mart for $42 CAN. The best points about this brush are the long handle for the best control, the firmer bristles for higher coverage and for longer use (the brush's bristles's are very firm which is good since the brush will be ore durable and last longer), the soft bristles and the size which is perfect for getting in tight corners of the face such as around the nose area and under the eyes. The only con of this brush is that you kind of have to 'break it in' over a few uses since the bristles are very firm however this point will be a bonus in the long run. Overall lovely standard foundation brush!

on 8/2/2011 6:19:00 PM

I had a clinique one before and I loved it, so when I had to replace it I expected this to do a good job as well. (they look and feel the same) It's a nice brush, you can tell it's high quality. it's very soft, applies makeup easily and smoothly. That said my only problem it that like it kind of clumps together oddly sometimes, so i have to bring the bristles together again with my fingers and smooth them out.

on 2/5/2011 10:50:00 PM

This applies make up wonderfully. I actually wanted the Clinique one, but they where sold out. So the Clinique SA took me to the Lancome counter and sold me this baby.

I truly love it, the only reason I wont repurchase is because I really want to try MAC brushes and the Ecotool ones too.

But this is totally a great item

on 2/3/2011 5:44:00 PM

It seems weird to give something a bad review when everyone else seems to like it but oh well. I don't care for this brush at all. I have tried several times to apply liquid foundation with it and during each time, I changed brushes. It streaks, big time. It almost seems like the way it was cut is the problem. Like it was cut in a "V" shape instead of a "U" shape, which I think would help this particular bush. It doesn't distribute foundation evenly. I don't really know how else to describe it other than being disappointing. It's pretty, though. For now, I'm hanging on to the brush to see if I can use in other ways. It was pretty expensive and I don't want to through it away.

on 11/27/2010 7:04:00 AM

I gotta say I love this brush. It was $41 CAD at Sears. I bought it because I read so many good reviews and because again, there was a product promotion and I got a bunch of free porduct with it. However, I would have bought this brush even if there was no free product.
Foundation brushes are super hard to clean however, and this one is no exception. The ONLY way I can get it clean is by using my shampoo. (currently using YES TO CARROTS) Do not use any brush cleaners on this brush, cause it'll do nothing. The brush is too dense. Good for application, bad for cleaning. And as always. NO HAND SOAP ON BRUSHES :) I would buy this again the second I needed to. NO STREAKS :)

Popular Makeup Brushes