October 26, 2014 | 1050 users online

Lip Treatments - Neutrogena - Lip Nutrition Berry Smooth Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this one and nope.
I have naturally dry and chapped lips, so went and bought this to obviously help with that issue.

I've never tried any lip product that actually made my lips even DRIER, until this one. It was terrible. Went on smooth and pretty, and within the hour, extra dry, even more chapped lips. I could not use this product at all and I'm surprised my lips didn't bleed.

The only good thing is that the color looked good for that short period of time.
I'm very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i REALLY dont understand why this products has such low reviews!
i use this every night before going to bed and i gently wipe off with a tissue the rest in the morning and my lips feel amaziiinnnggg through out the day!
the scent is whatever, i mean, not an awesome berry scent, yes, kinda fake but...does it really matter? i think that as long as it's not puke-worthy it shouldnt really be a problem since it does such a good job.

BTW: THE RED BALLS ARENT THE EXFOLIATORS.they're just moisture beads. so chill.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by JakiBarbi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry, chapped lips and have a tendancy to eat/wear off anything I put on them within a few hours. I put this lipbalm on pretty thickly but it doesn't feel heavy. Smells okay, not too sweet not too medicinal. Lasts a good amount of time and REALLY helps my lips a LOT. I like it better than Chapstick, Carmex, Blistex or even Burt's Bees. I definitely keep several tubs of this everywhere I am!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

Incredible. Leaves lips soft throughout the day after applying it just before bed. I've tried just about every lip treatment on the market and this is by far one of the absolute best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

This is my first lip exfoliator, and I have no complaints. I've always had to deal with lips that are somewhat chapped. No matter how much lip balm I put on, when I wear lipsticks (especially pale pinks) the little bits of dry skin are emphasized and it's just not that attractive. I was unwilling to resort to harsh regimens like toothbrush exfoliating, so this product is really a life saver!

To those who think that the exfoliating agents are in the red little dots: they are not! I am not sure what is in those dots, but the balm itself (the light pink part) contains the exfoliating agents. I put it on, wait around 10 minutes, then take a tissue to gently wipe my lips, and all the little pieces of dead skin usually come off without a fight!

I don't sense the supposed berry scent and the balm itself has no colour on my lips, but it does what is supposed to do (exfoliate), so I don't need a pleasant scent or colour to be satisfied with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by bradleyscat

a true life saver! great exfoliator. makes my lips so soft and smooth. seems pricy but will last a looong time. love the sheer pink tint it gives, plus moisturizes lips for up to four hours with no re-application needed. beat that chapstick and soft lips! ;p. does feel a bit greasy but whatever that's not a big deal to me. the only thing i don't like about it is how it's in a pot and so i have to wash my hands every time i apply it. wish this somehow could come in a stick-form.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by zirkzirkzirk

Basically, this balm is most appropriate for that overnight lip treatment because of the ff reasons:

1) It immediately delivers that exfoliating action. Although, i must say that it is a bit too waxy and creamy for my lips, like how petroleum jelly feels like when it is applied on your lips -- thus, it leaves an unpleasant cast (but tolerable).

2) The scent is very nice. And i love the jojoba beads, which doubles that moisturizing effect -- a plus for that beauty rest.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by missspiggie

Thanks to Amarock's review, I figured this blam out.
"there seems to be a layer of harder balm on the top and once it is scraped off, the underneath layer is soft and creamy."
I found this very true because I've had this for months and it would make my lips break and I'd get mad and put it away and try it every now and then. I've spent 8 bucks on this and I wanted it to show me it's worth. And it really does get creamy and is great !
I love to use it at night, (this has no spf and a stick is much easier on the go) it's very moisturizing. The beads are good and dissolve easily, I notice the tint, and I love the smell. I've finally got my money out of this but I will not be spending $8 on a lip balm again.
And you can totally smell the berry scent, it smells very nice and soft, I have a Blistex Medicated Berry Balm chap stick and it that has a strong scent, but in a noticable cheap chap stick kind of way. This scent is much better.
I'm addicted to this balm. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by dancexbabe

This is the one lip product i keep coming back to. While i agree it isnt very beneficial when it comes to exfoliating, it has a nice sweet taste to it (not waxy), it feels smooth and creamy on the lips, and the sheer pink tint looks so good. it doesnt easily fade off either, and one pot lasts a long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this a while back to help with my flaky lips. I love the Jane Iredale Sugar and Butter duo, but found the cost a bit much. This in no way compares. I hardly felt the exfoliating properties of this balm. The beads were too large to do much other than be a pain. There was hardly any 'pink' color, and the fragrance is a very heavy fake berry scent. Will not repurchase.