December 19, 2014 | 1477 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avon - ANEW PERFECT Eye Care Cream

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

I use this as my day eye cream as it contains SPF, and my Haven Eye Cream at night. When you first apply it it seems white and thick but it eventually blends. It also has this unpleasant sunscreen smell but as long as you don't stick it up to your nose it's okay. I wear it beneath my primer (Avon Magix Face Perfector) and eye makeup. Not really sure if it does anything though! :P
Don't be fooled by the size of the jar, the bottom half is empty - it's like a jar within a jar.

- - -
PRICE [3] | PACKAGING [3] | REPURCHASE [yes]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is quite a good eye cream to wear during the day.
I find it super moisturising and the SPF protects my undereye area.
You need very very little and just tap it on and let it absorb before applying makeup.
Helps plump my skin and prepare it for concealer, stops the concealer from going powdery and creasing.
I don't think it does much for wrinkles except maybe help prevent new ones but as part of my makeup prep its great.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by hadeutsch

after 1 jar of using it, i don't see any change. Waste of money. The smell is disturbed.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2006 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Nadusha

I'm confused with all bad reviews for this cream. I use my 4th(!) bottle and it never left any irritation. My undereye skin feels quite moisturized and never dry.
Update: bad news is that it's in a jar so all the antoxidants won't stay.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2006 1:59:00 AM More reviews by nadery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this eye cream for over a year now and liked it enough to buy a second jar while still using the first jar. I think it absorbs fairly well (I do not put too much) and moisturizes my skin really good. I also like the fact it has SPF 15. I do not think it diminished fine lines, and can't comment on them preventing wrinkels since it's been only a year and I am 26. Many creams make the skin around my eyes go crazy, but not this one. The only reason I would purchase a different eye cream some day and gave it a 4 instead of 5 is because I am trying to start using only/mostly natural skin care.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2006 5:07:00 PM More reviews by momtotwo

I've been trying this for a few weeks now as I'm looking for a nourishing undereye cream with SPF. Unfortunately, this one aggravated the skin around my eyes giving me dry skin and mild eczema - now my wrinkles look even worse, sigh......

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was excited about finding a reasonably-priced eye cream with SPF but this turned out to be a dud. I didn't read the reviews here first before buying or else I would've known that the Anew eye cream burns and stings. I tried applying as far away from the rims of my eyes as possible but the cream always finds a way to migrate into my eyes. It was pure hell. Like others have mentioned, the cream doesn't seem to absorb very well and leaves a whitish cast which doesn't so much brighten dark circles as it leaves a whitish cast. The fragrance was also terrible and most likely contributes to the irritation. The jar packaging is also not very hygienic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2005 1:38:00 PM More reviews by garlandfairy

This is a DAY eye cream that surprisingly, doesn't absorb for quite awhile and leaves the eye with a little bit of a white-ish cast. This was supposed to somewhat get rid of dark undereye circles, or at least lighten them up a bit, but I noticed no difference in my DARK undereye circles. I don't know. Maybe my circles were too dark. But anyhow, this eye cream didn't absorb within 20 minutes, and that means that I can't use it in the daytime unless I want to go out with big and creamy white circles around my eyes. So I used it at night instead. Can't say that made a big difference, because sometimes this would sting my sensitve eyelids. (Maybe you're not supposed to put eye cream on your lids?) Avon Anew Ultimate eye cream is much better, athough much pricier. Ah well, I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too! =)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by jester1113

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is horrible. I agree w/ the other reviewers who have written that it made the area around their eyes even drier and left a white film. Too bad, I really like an eye cream w/ sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2005 9:25:00 PM More reviews by jensen2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so surprised to see so many negative reviews for this product. I have beenusing this eye cream religiously for over 5 years now and i can't say enough good things about it. It feels perfect going on, sinks right in, provides broad spectrum uva/uvb protection and reduces the look of wrinkles. My eye area feels moisturized and protected and it definately does not enhance wrinkles-at least on me-in fact it has sone an excellent job of keeping them at bay-i'm 33 and have very few lines arounds my eyes at all-something i believe is due to this product. Again i am very surprised at the negative reviews to this-i love it.