April 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Conditioner - Aubrey Organics - GPB Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, all-time favourite natural conditioner. My damaged hair responds well to the GPB formula because it needs both moisture and protein to help repair its dry, fragile strands. It costs about $12 at my health food shop of choice, and lasts me several months with hair that is just below shoulder length. Although initially this conditioner was relegated to the back-shelf due to its fragrance, I now weirdly enjoy its light herbaceous scent!

My one slight con is that the dispensing cap can get bogged down by the product itself. When it doesn't dispense efficiently, I have to take a toothpick to clean out whatever product has coagulated in the cap... it's just a little bit annoying, but nothing to stop me from repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by zakitis

I have tried soooo many conditioners out there as my hair tangles easily and are pretty dry on ends..The shop person in the NYC Wholefoods gave a sample and when I got home to Europe I tried it! This is one of the best if not the best conditioner out there. it even makes my blonde hair lighter and every one is asking what I am using! Simply MUST HAVE product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

So the price isn't bad - not cheap, but it's a decent-sized bottle. The balsam scent is ok and doesn't linger through my leave-in/styling products. It has a thick, pearly-looking texture that distributes easily through hair and penetrates after a few minutes if you're looking for a quick dose of conditioning. GPB does what it says - balances. It leaves my hair smoother, better able to retain moisture, soft, and fluffy (not frizzy). I found it a better protein/moisture balance than Giovanni's 50/50. In terms of results, it reminds me of Aveda's Damage Remedy without the silicones. My damaged ends felt so much better and my curls were springier after the first use.

I first tried this a pre-poo deep conditioner according to the directions on the bottle. I applied to dry hair, covered with a plastic cap, and left it in for a half hour. When I took off the cap, I knew it was going to be good. My curls were springy and detangling was a breeze. I combed it through and there were hardly any strands left in the shower or in my comb. When I rinsed and shampooed, my hair felt so soft and full. I didn't even need to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

Consistent use of this conditioner as a pre-poo or rinse-out has helped a lot to reduce my single strand knots and restored strength to my color-treated, fine, natural 4b/c ends. I have the type of hair that breaks if you just look at it wrong and this has changed my hair for the better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Now why on earth have I never reviewed this product before? Been using it for almost two years. Sometimes I can find it at the local health food store but I usually have to order it off Amazon. For me this conditioner has the perfect blend of moisture + protein to restore life to my hair. It smooths out the rough damaged parts, cuts down on frizz, adds moisture.... And does all that without weighing down the parts of my hair that don't need all that extra help! The sent is more medicinal then aromatherapy, but for results like this I will hold my nose and deal with it. I even make sure that I have a backup bottle on hand before I run out of a bottle...that's how much of the staple this is for my hair!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by gunzarelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was blinded by the phenomenal herbal fragrance. My GOODNESS. It smells like sweet balsam, so delicious!! Worked awesome the first time I used it on my fine, porous hair- accented my natural wave, even!- but after 4 or 5 uses, started making my hair sticky, dry and dirty looking at the scalp. Odd, since I avoid my scalp when conditioning... Also caused some serious neck and back acne to crop up that I'm still trying to get rid of... Tried to use it as a shaving lotion (since the smell alone accounts the 2 lippies I'm giving this) but wound up with a rashy mess. All-natural hair products, I really want to like you, but you really don't seem to like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Blackdoll24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Used it for the first time today and it is now my favourite over Giovanni Deep Moisture. I used as a deep conditioner and wore under a heated cap for 15 mins then washed with Aubrey GPB shampoo and another go with the conditioner. AMAZING!

Not sure whether i can use as a weekly conditioner but will give it a go!
I'd definitely recommend :)

I bought mine from IHerb which is incredibly cheap!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I don't know what the hype is about this conditioner. I love that it has good ingredients, but I found that it didn't really do anything for my hair, if anything it made it drier?

I have very normal, straight hair and I can't use products that are very moisturizing nor for oily hair. This one seemed to be a middle-of-the-road product but I wasn't wowed with it.

It's very heavily scented, like a powdery-perfumey smell and it felt like it kind of disappeared in my hair once I applied it.

Was glad I tried it out, but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am a woman of color with Type 3b naturally curly hair. My hair is very dry and is prone to tangles. And, I am a woman of color as well (of Black, Caucasian, and Mexican descent).

When it comes to conditioners that I have used, this is one of the best ones that I have ever come across! It gives my hair nice slip, it moisturizes my hair nicely, and it really aids in strengthening and warding off breakage with my hair quite well. And, I especially like that you can use this product before ceansing your hair (as a pre-poo treatment) or afterwards (as a deep conditioning treatment).

The biggest that I have with this product is its smell. It has a noticeably strong herbal smell to it. It's smell is surely not a pleasant one. And, if I actually didn't like how well this product works for my hair, I actually would have stopped using this stuff right away.

This product has a rich consistency to it. However, it does spread very easily onto the hair. But, it is not the easiest at times to get out of the bottle. Also, this conditioner is the easiest to find. There are no stores near me that actually sell this stuff. So, I have to order it from online and then wait for it to be shipped out to me.

And, I actually like to rotate this conditioner in with my other ones. I prefer to use it twice a month on my hair. And, this happens to work out best for my hair, but after i use up the bottles i do have i don't plan to buy anymore. I love the results, just wish this stuff smelled a whole lot better. Because of it's very strong scent, that's the only reason why I won't be buying anymore bottles of this stuff again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

Slip is not good. No silicones though. I guess it makes my hair stronger with protein though. I could just use an egg. But well, okay, people say it works so I guess it's doing something.

I'm returning it because my hair feels dry after using this, unless I use a second conditioner afterwards. If my hair will be dry and tangly I'd rather just save money and give my hair protein with eggs, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Amiec91699

HG conditioner. The smell is pleasant, makes my hair super soft and manageable. My hairdresser commented on how healthy my hair looks! Love it. Have repurchased again and again.