September 22, 2014 | 1618 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Colour in Deep Night

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered this without actually seeing it and when it arrived I thought "Wow, that's very dark". But I love it already. It doesn't scream "blue eye shadow", it's nice and neutral and cool. It does nice things for my "older" brown eyes. One has to put it on with a light touch and a good eye shadow brush, otherwise it might get too dark. It really seems to stay on all day without creasing or fading as well. Another plus. It's expensive, yes, but large enough to last for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a reliable navy that can also double as a liner but is a bit too boring to stand on its own. It is very dark and completely matte, just like the color of the deep sea. This is the problem I have with LM's dark shadows--pigmented as they may be, they're generally unexciting. This isn't a fun color to play with or build a new look on. I think Nars' "Brume" or Cilnique's "Faded Denim" are more interesting examples of navy. But I'm giving a high rating because this is the longest lasting shadow ever, better than even some of LM's own. If you know exactly what you want to achieve, Deep Night can help you do just that, for hours without creasing or fading. I bought it to pair with LM's Lapis e/s--now that's a gorgeous blue!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very French "marine": almost black, subtly navy to brighten brown eyes, completely matte. The pigments are milled extremely fine, so you get maximum impact when tightlining. I find it easier to manipulate than a gel liner or pencil, no skipping, and a softer, hazy line. I use a Hakuhodo brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by xpersephoniex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color in the pan but I find it chalky and difficult to work with on the lid. Despite using different primers, it also creased on me repeatedly.

I bought LM's Plum Noir at the same time, and the formula is MUCH better. It's smoother, easier to work with, and it doesn't crease.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by susjs

I fell in love with this colour when I purchased the brilliant holiday '07 palette called Nightfall.
Colour: Deep Night is a very dark, matte, true navy--I'd describe it as neutral to cool. A wonderful liner colour on dark brown eyes, it also works as a good crease colour for a smokey, evening eye.
Texture: This is where it falls a bit short; as with most dark, matte colours--Deep Night isn't the easiest to blend. It's definitely not chalky but it takes a light touch and heaps of patience to blend this well. There's also minor fallout if you use this as a liner, as I often do. When I know I'm doing a look with this I never apply concealer first, so I can clean up any fallout and then apply undereye concealer afterwards.
Longevity: with a good base this lasts as long as I need it to and has been the staple of my go-to evening eye look since I got it.
Check it out: I just noticed this colour is included in the new holiday '10 book-style palette at Sephora, along with several glimmery purple shades. Personally I prefer it paired with the more subtle Topaz and Perle in the Nightfall palette, but this would pair beautifully with any number of looks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I use this eye shadow as an eyeliner on days where I just donít feel like wearing the usual black. I will not repurchase because I donít think its anything special.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

This is a blue/black/gray eyeshadow shade that can be used as a powder liner, or as a shadow, and is also great applied over LM's Caviar cake liner to create a beautiful dark smoky look.
The color is very buildable, and can be very dark. It's harder to achieve light application, but it can be done. It mixes and blends nicely with other shadow colors, is highly pigmented, and fairly easy to use.

This isn't one of my very favorites of the LM eyeshadow shades that I have, but it's very useful. I don't think this is so special that you couldn't achieve the same effects with a similar color in another brand, but Deep Night certainly does the job nicely.

This is great paired with the Twilight Gray and Cognac shadows, and a highlighter color, to create a variety of looks, natural to dramatic. Those 3 were my first LM eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by lacornflakegirl

Deep Night is a great shade when used as a crease-shadow or an eye-liner; it also looks great when used for a smoky look and can be a lot softer than black, which can be a bit harsh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 8:28:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my staple eye shadow colors since a very long time. Great color and doubles great as an eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 11:49:00 AM More reviews by collrob2101

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after a MA tried it on me. I love that you can put it on really light or very dark. Today I used it as an eyeliner and apply it with the LM brush.It makes my green eyes "pop". Great product!