October 22, 2014 | 1780 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter - Mango

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this in the 'Fruit and Nut' lip butter trio set. I've tried the Grapefruit one a few years back and liked it, and I've also tried the Shea Butter one which I wasn't really fussed about, it's actually waiting to be used on my heels. However this Mango one is not bad. I like the scent and it doesn't seem as thin and pasty-white as the Shea. The pots are cute but for me they're too expensive and not moisturising enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at how many low reviews this LB got. Personally, I love it. I recently picked this up at TBS, decided to stop by because I had received their strawberry scented body butter and body mist as a gift and was immediately sold, and was instantly hooked onto the scent. It reminded me of sweet ripe mangos. ***mouth salivating*** at first I though I had grabbed the LB in peach ( my fav fruit) but found out after I got home that it was the mango version. No biggie because seriously the scent is AMAZING. Often times as I'm sitting at my vanity table doing my makeup, I'll just take a sniff of this just to sweeten my senses😜. In terms of the texture, it definitely has a slicker feeling compared to my EOS or Burt's Bees balms which feels waxier. I actually prefer the former because it doesn't cake up when I'm applying my lipstick over it. The packaging is cute(I do like potted products). Overall, I feel like this is a great product and I'm ready to go back for more. TBS was running a sale (buy 2 get 1Free) so this was free. $6 is kind of high for a LB but I'm still willing to pay it for this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by dominika99

There's nothing like a glass of icy, freshly-squeezed mango juice on a hot summer day in a downtown cafe in Cairo that's filled with the fruity smoke of shisha pipes.

This lip butter doesn't capture that rich, tropical smell of mango, however, and smells more like Skittles candy. But I don't mind. It's a cute product with fun, bright packaging that's a nice pick-me-up nonetheless. It's not a serious lip balm, but more of a stocking-stuffer or something colorful for your desk or a teenager's dresser.

The fact that it's a bit sticky, lasts about a half hour before it dries out and doesn't do much to moisturise makes me think it should be called a lip gloss and not a butter. My lips were a bit chapped because of the early spring breezes, and I relied on Carmex as usual because this didn't help much. I enjoy using it anyways, as it's cute and has a sweet smell, but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For $6? No thanks - but for $3 - it's fine. The mango/fruity scent is nice and it's some-what hydrating on a superficial level. A nice "stocking stuffer" but by no means a HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This doesn't smell like the other products from the Mango line, but it smells delicious nonetheless...reminds of me Tropical Skittles! The only other TBS lip butter I've tried is Chocomania and that one didn't impress me very much. This one, however, is divine. I like lip balms that are more oily than waxy and this fits into that category. I love to apply this right before bed because I will wake up with smooth, hydrated lips that still taste faintly of mango. This also makes a great base for lipsticks that are usually drying (such as MAC). I would repurchase again, but only during another sale, since I think $6 USD is way too much for a lip balm. Although the packaging is cute, it isn't hygienic and I would like this product more if it were available in stick-form. Also, I wish it contained SPF. But other than that, love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Potatomonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Now, if you're like me, your lips dry and crack and flake like there is no tomorrow. I have been searching for months to find a lip balm that works effectively and doesn't drain my wallet. So obviously The Body Shop isn't the place to go if you are on a budget, but I guess I was feeling fancy so I went there and bought this mango lip butter. At first, it seemed awesome and smelled tasty and tasted like fruit! After about 5 minutes, the thick layer ai had put on left, and I was left with a dry film of what it used to be. Not appealing. So I tried again, and again, and kept getting the same result! Whether it was applied thinly, thickly, rubbed in, or left overnight I could not get this stuff to work! I ended up checking the ingredients, and found stuff like tocopheryl acetate, ammonium glycyrrhizate, dyes, and fragrances that were far from natural. The only decent ingredients I found were mango seed oil, beeswax, and hydrogenated castor oil. Maybe that's why it's so shiny! After all this was done, I started making lip balms which worked 5000x better than this. If your lips are severely dry like mine, please skip this product. Go find some other one that will do the job and keep your lips from falling off!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by katielouiseoct86

My lips are really finicky but this stuff works great for me! It leaves and keeps my lips really moisturized. It feels soft and buttery. The smell is amazing! Already bought back-ups.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Littlemissninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this lip balm in a pack of three lip butters (mango, coconut, and shea). I think they were 10 dollars. I loove the scent, I just wish it was a teeny bit more moisturizing, though. Sometimes I feel the lip butters are a bit heavy (you know what I mean? A bit greasy, but not soo moisturizing). I like the compact packaging as well. Overall, I think it deserves a 3.5/5. I love the amazing scent, but probably won't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by cellara

Lip balms and butters are a very subjective topic because people have different opinions and skin types. I really like the smell of this lip balm and it worked very well for me. i think this is better for the summertime ( which is when i used it) because of the fruity flavor and the light layer it leaves on the lips. It worked very well for me. I used it along with eos lip balms and I applied every 4 hours and after eating. I don't know if I will repurchase because of the price of individuals. But I got mine for 3 for $10.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by zillzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish this would moisturize better than it does, then I would love it. Now I only like it.. mainly because of the scent (mango is my fave fruit). I put a good amount of it on my lips before I go to bed but when I wake up my lips are their usual dry selves again. My best use for this is in the gap between coming out of the shower until I'm finished with my makeup, by then it's gone from my lips and I can apply some other lip product.
It smells really good, I think better on the lips than in the pot. There is a lot of product in it too so I think the prize is reasonable after all. If your lips aren't super dry like mine you might try this, but I'm not going to repurchase.