April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Intencils

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by roborutanya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to give this mascara a 5 rating simply because when I wore it in the 80's it was the best mascara ever. I remember wearing my electric blue, charcoal grey, teal blue, sky blue, ocean blue, emerald green, bright copper and of course caol black eye pencils in the crazy 80's. The only way to emphasize the color of these liners was to wear mega coats of really thick mascara !!!! Back then I wasn't introduced to the lash curler, poor me ;o) I would layer this on 3 or 4 coats thick. It clumped like a bitch, but that was the fashion. It was a great mascara for its time. Of course I wouldn't go anywhere near it now !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 11:34:00 PM More reviews by phburton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love both Intencils and Definicils. I buy them in black and find that they lengthen and thicken my lashes very well. I really appreciate that they don't flake off and end up smudging around the eyes even if you wear an eye cream or moisturizer around the eye area. You don't need to re-apply them during the day and they manage to come off easily at night when I wash my face. I would never buy any brand of waterproof mascara including Lancome's. Way too hard to get it off the lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2004 6:19:00 AM More reviews by mumu81202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Again, I'm glad I didn't buy this one, it was a GWP. It does a decent job giving a natural look, but I could buy much cheaper and get the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2003 2:44:00 PM More reviews by frenchlibrarian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was pretty surprised to read all the negative comment regarding this stellar mascara.
I have consistently received compliments on my lashes and people keep asking me which mascara I use.I have tried every thing out there.Intencils and Definicils are brilliant.
It is very dramatic though and maybe not for every day use.I think it is great if your lashes are already long and you just want thickness (you may have to use a lash comb for the occasional clumps but it is well worth it.)I have to admit that I bought a new tube and the brush was changed, not round anymore and not as great.Make sure if you want to try to get the one with a full round brush.If you want less definition definicils is the way to go.
It is fantastic if you have sparse lashes or just want to look dramatic!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2003 9:44:00 AM More reviews by kucing

Worst mascara I have ever tried! Clumpy and takes AGES to dry, so that it smeared all over my face while combing through my lashes. Never gonna buy this again!

***UPDATE*** I gave this another try yesterday. I applied it over my cils booster, and it actually looked quite okay. But it still seemed to dry my eyes out a little, for whatever reason, so I still prefer my definicils to this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2003 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Kiwikava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, I have mixed feelings about this mascara. Initially when I bought it, it really made my lashes dark, long, and gorgeously thick. But, as time passed, the formula turned very wet and clumped and smeared all over the place. I think I may try Lancome's Magnificils next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2003 12:12:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i did not like this at all, the MA at lancome said that this would give me long lush and volumized lashes and it did not do any of that. i just didn't like this usually i go for volumizing mascara and if you like volumizing mascara too,skip this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2003 7:16:00 PM More reviews by acvdep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While this is a good mascara, I just don't think it works great for me. I have thin sparse lashes and I really need to be able to double up my mascara in order to build it up a bit at the base (since i have yet to discover my staple mascara). Their Definicils, Amplicils, and now this tend to dry really quick and flake by the end of the day my lashes are non-existent again. Besides that I find the Lancome MA's extremely obnoxious (third bad experience at two different counters). They are always kind of rude when I ask for advice about mascara, or anything for that matter. Anyway... I still love Lancome and all their other stuff. I just don't think I'll be buying their mascaras anymore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2001 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kimm

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thick, clumping formula but that was easily remedied with a swipe on a piece of paper. However, still found formula much too thick and it dried out within 2 weeks.