October 21, 2014 | 1619 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Eye Shadow in Steel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by niamhsheahan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This eye-shadow is the perfect brow colour for me. I have black eyebrows that are really full towards the front but get lighter towards the end so I need a colour that matches my brows perfectly. I have tried many different shades of browns, blacks and greys but all of them just don't look right. This colour is like a dark ashy cool-toned black/brown and it looks perfect on my eyebrows, not too harsh or warm. The formula is nice and it lasts all day. This also looks great lightly smudged into the lash line for an everyday look. This eyeshadow cost me 22 but considering that you get 2.5 grams of product and I have been using it for over six months and barely dented it, I would say it's a decent price for a product that works.I will definitely be repurchasing this in the far-off future when mine runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by knicks

This is the best and my favorite single eyeshadow color I've tried and own. If you ask me to pick two eyeshadows that i can use and dispose the rest that I own. This steel and the bone are the only ones that I can survive on for day and night makeup. I could just lightly dust on my eyelids or just layer on for a smokey look. Just beautiful. HG!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by haddison

I'm too pale to use this wet as a liner, but applied judiciously and well-blended on the outer corners of my eyelids, it somehow makes my blue-gray eyes look bluer. I love that this is a warm gray; it tones well with my very light, warm-toned skin. As others have noted, it wouldn't work on cool-toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first Bobbi Brown eyeshadow and I'm in love with it! I own mostly MAC eyeshadows and have somewhat ignored other brands but I've had quite a change of heart after trying this BB Steel. It is the most amazing formula, super finely milled, highly pigmented and you get a lot of product! Honestly, it blows away all of my MAC shadows. I do smokey looks a lot and this is now my HG for that sexy smokey look. I'm sold on BB eyeshadows! I absolutely must get BB e/s in Charcoal next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

A very nice medium grey e/s with soft, finely milled texture. It blends very well which is awesome. I can make it more intense by applying more. I normally prefer natural looks and use this only in the corners of my eye to give my asian eyes some depth. In certain lightings it imparts a nice metallic navy blue shimmer with the grey colour as the base. This was the purchasing factor for me. It looked gorgeous! Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow works well for me. I have dark skin - NW 45 - and this gives my large lids just enough oomph. It is pigmented but not too dark and shows up with a blue undertone which is great for my very dark brown eyes and skin.

It costs a bit but so easy to swipe on in the morning and get going. I continue to try to narrow down my skincare and makeup routine and this shadow is a big step in achieving that goal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Steel is a gorgeous medium dark grey. It goes on lighter than the pan color indicates and blends beautifully. The usual Bobbi Brown soft texture is there, and I am quite enjoying playing with my beautiful Steel shade. It isn't too dark, and it isn't too light. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by mcmunson

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A perfect smoky gray. I love its matte texture, and with Lumene e/s primer it lasts all day. It has a warm undertone which compliments my blue eyes. Took off points because I don't love BB's screw-top packaging. But otherwise this is my HG gray. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2006 7:29:00 AM More reviews by monvai

it is warm toned. Perfect for the smokey eyes look.I really like it. Exceeded expectations...i thought that it wouldnt be much different from my Revlon one, but the difference was there. Finely milled, soft colour. Worth the extra $$$s. NC30.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 12:35:00 PM More reviews by babydials

This matte mid grey is warmer on that it seems in the container. This makes the grey far more natural looking. It has a nice texture and blends well.