August 20, 2014 | 1978 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Colour in Guava

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by rillensora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have not bought this shade yet, for the sake of disclosure. But I have tried it at the counter, both on the back of my hand and on my eyelids, and the color is so pretty.

It's less of a color in its own right, and more of a sheen. It's pink-salmon in the pan but barely looks that way on me, just like a delicate warming flush in response to the first kiss of spring sunlight on pale skin. Okay, maybe that was a bit much but that's seriously how lovely - no better word for it - I think this color is.

When I get this, I will use it all over, not just on my eyelids, but as a "second blush" to sweep over the top of the brow, cheekbones, and the tip of the nose, just to give myself an extra bit of glow. (And btw, makeup artist Mary Greenwell has used this in exactly the way I describe, in this video at around 9:08. Guava is perfect for that job.)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite eye shadow ever! It's a slightly sparkly peach color that isn't too pink and or too orange. It makes my eyes look even more green when I wear it with LM Stellar eye shadow. These shadows are very silky and have great lasting power. I actually prefer them to Bobbi Brown and Estee Lauder's shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't think this is pigmented enough for an eyeshadow. Goes on very sheer with a pearl finish. I don't like that it crumbles so easily–such a mess! However, I do love this as a highlighter on my brow bone and on cheekbones, nose, and cupid's bow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by mylychee

Yes, the color is gorgeous - that's what drew me to buy it. A nice pinky/peach. But guess what? It didn't stay put and you can barely tell I had it on. Maybe because my skin is light so you couldn't tell.

It is finely milled so after one stroke of the brush, it goes all over making my table dusty and dirty. The color doesn't show much on my lids so not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this shadow. it's a soft shimmery light, pinky peach. Very similar but a bit pinker and not as finely milled as Chanel Abricot. It's soft an easy to apply. An easy everyday color for me and really brings out my eyes (blue).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

I always wanted to try LM e/s. I think the colors are so soft and natural looking. This color in particular looks pinkish peach in the pan. I like the color in the pan but it seems not to show up on me. I think the color is probably too light and would look fabulous on lighter skinned ladies. The packaging is simple, just a brownish color compact with a hinge lid. No frills. I like the texture of this e/s, but not the color. Perhaps I'll try a different shade that would suit me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by cholmondeley

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this colour as an all over wash for day. I don't like the sparkley shadows, but this has just the right touch of shimmer. For me, the colour is very wearable, not too pink and I've also worn it over whatever colour I'm using in the crease to look more "natural" after applying three shades of shadow! . Cheers!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 12:05:00 AM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In a nutshell, just wasn't flattering on me (light skin, dark brown hair, blue eyes, look best in neutrals), it was just all wrong, made me look worn out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by photowife

Sorry to be one of the few who didn't care for this. I have mac nc30 skin, hazel brown eyes, and blondish hair. This made me look like I'd been crying, or like I had really bad allergies, maybe even a little tired. It was just aweful. I can see how it would look good on blue eyed gals though. Great quality product, just the wrong color for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 5:05:00 PM More reviews by heatherblossom

i cannot believe i haven't reviewed this! Standard mid-upscale rectangular package. creamy pinky peach (leans heavily to peach) shimmer shadow that shows as a satin on my eyes, not uber shimmery (and that's rare because usually if there is one sparkle it shows up as overly frosty and white on my lll/fff skin). The quality is fabulous and maybe only cle de peau is better; chantecaille shine shades & scott barnes compare though the texture is completely different. This is a very creamy powder, in fact I've not had such a creamy powder except for some of the chantecaile lasting if you get them fresh from the company soon after manufature. The color is perfect, and really makes any eye color pop, especially blue or green eyes. People have complained about the price, but you get what you pay for, and this falls between urban decay/stila and chantecaille with the beneifts of both (good pigment and butter texture, although perhaps not as buttery as UD, but it isn't loaded with toxic chemicals either.)all in all this looks polished, feminine and not like I'm trying to hard. reminds me of movie mu when the character is supposed to be gorgeous and au naturale:)