October 26, 2014 | 903 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - 1875 Ion Shine Hairdryer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by jilliantimmermann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this dryer as a gift Easter 2012. I've been using it ever since. it is now July 2014 and it works perfectly. those people who only had it for one year probably dropped it to 200 million times.I use it on high to straighten out my biracial transitioning hair. My hair comes out sleek and shiny. The cool shot button is great.

If and when it breaks I will definitely be purchasing another.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this dryer about 6 years ago and have been secretly wishing it broke so I could buy a new one ever since! It's big, heavy, and takes FOREVER to dry my long thick hair. There's no advantage to the Ion button either, it doesn't seem to make a difference. My hair still comes out frizzy and crispy. My mom's blow dryer (revlon I think?)was half the price and dries my hair twice as fast sans frizz. The filter cover is also stuck so I can't even open it to clean it. It's getting two lippies for durability, I've dropped it a few times and it works fine. But it's performance is just not enough for my hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by sandi9422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess this product come in a variety of models because I had this dryer for now 6 years and it still works like charm. Mine is black eith blue and silver details. It is on the heavybut man does it dry! I was looking to buy a new hairdryer when I went on a vacation with 3 of my girlfriens. I was the only one who brought a hairdryer and all the girls were super impress by the power and how short it is to dry your hair with it. I have hair up to the middle of my back and I would say they are completely dry after 8 minutes!
I just hope it won't ever break because it seems there is a lot of irregularities when it come to this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by monicaking77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the metallic blue one that sells at Target for around twenty dollars. This is my HG hairdryer because of the quality for the super low price. I've had this dryer for almost a year, and it is still working better than ever. I'm not one who is willing to spend a lot of money on a hairdryer, but I also don't want something that doesn't work properly and gives me a nasty head of unevenly dried frizz. I use this with the concentrator it comes with to blow dry down the hair shaft with a Conair Ion round barrel brush. It has made such a difference compared with the dryer I was using before, which believe it or not, was a higher end $70.00 dryer I had previously purchased at a department store. That dryer made my hair so frizzy that I had given up on blow drying period. After moving and switching hair stylists, I asked her to not blow dry my hair due to it frizzing. She reassured me it would not frizz and explained that a ion hairdryer with a high wattage and a concentrator would make all the difference, so I let her blow out my hair and it looked gorgeous. I decided to get myself a blowdryer closer to the one she had used, and ended up finding this one. It really turned out to be a super cheap dupe for my stylist's hairdryer and I really love using it. When used properly and with patience, I achieve a lovely salon-worthy blowout, all without even breaking the bank! HG heat styling tool.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These start out working great but quickly lose power and strength- don't want to replace a dryer every six months. I expect the motor to last at least a year. Cleaning did not help the motor just craps out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Obviously there are several different versions of this dryer from the descriptions in the reviews, and some are better than others. I have the travel version that is blue and has a folding handle. Cost was $29 Cdn I think. I just bought my second one -- my last died after a few years of heavy use. I tried another cheap dryer and noticed how frizzy and dry my hair seemed.

Anyway, on mine there are three settings: high, low and cool. I tend to use the high setting as it has more force, and flip back and forth between the high and cool (which are beside each other) with my thumb so it doesn't get super-hot. This dryer definitely leaves my hair shinier and less frizzy than other dryers although I haven't compared many ionic ones. I don't find it super heavy or hard to manipulate so maybe those reviews are for other models. I also haven't had the sparks-flying issue (knock wood) although I've only used my new one for a week.

This dryer didn't come with a diffuser and I didn't want to give five stars because the settings aren't particularly versatile, but for me this is a good compact dryer that wasn't too expensive, and it dries my hair fast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 5:41:00 AM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

FAV HAIRDRYER HANDS DOWN!

I dont understand all the bad reviews about this dryer, i love it.
When my mom had one (the last two years) i would constantly steal it cuhs it worked faster than my shitty revlon one. Then it broke, after two years, because my cousin got water in it or something, (fell in sink)

Anyways, i bought a revlon dryer, another small other brand one, and well, i went to go and buy this again because the other ones took forever, didnt get hot at all, and were loud..><;;

It is big, but i dont mind, cuhs my hair dries WAYY faster with the amount of air that blows out of it.

I LOVE THIS!. =)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by paigie42

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This dryer is horrible! At first I thought I was just imagining it. It took way longer to dry my hair than with my old dryer. My hair was always fizzy. And then today it broke after only a few months. The OFF/low/high switch just stopped working and then it started popping at me. Don't buy this! Spend a little extra and get a better dryer!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by MW1Horse

My mom owns this. What a piece of junk.

I find it difficult to handle. Things get pretty hot and heavy with this dryer, but not in a good way! The concentrator doesn't help much for straightening my hair. The words on the settings are rubbing off after a month of use, so you can't even tell what setting you're putting it on.

And you know the universal-fit Conair diffuser that's supposed to fit on any dryer, especially the Conair ones? You know the one. They sell it on exactly the same shelf as this dryer. Yeah, it doesn't fit. GREAT JOB, CONAIR.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Jenni4Design

Gets pretty hot. Very heavy. Seems to leave my hair poofy.

I only dry my hair every two to three days, so I keep putting off buying a nicer dryer. But I've never been able to just dry my hair without flat ironing it to make it presentable. I know I need a new one ,but this one isn't so bad that I have to have a new dryer right NOW.