April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Rusk - Speed Freak Blow Dryer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot believe I've never reviewed this hair dryer!!! For some reason, my "karma" in life is to have hair dryers catch fire when I use them. Is this a common problem for long haired gals using cheaper dryers? Anyways, my stylist suggested I buy a better one at the rate I was burning through mine. I picked this up in pink at Winners (like TJ Maxx) for about $50 and it came with a free paddle brush. Its amazing!! I'm still using it 5 years later! As far as speeding up drying time, I feel it does reduce time, especially compared to when I leave it at home and use a hotel dryer. Don't think twice, just buy this!! (For reference, I have fine thin hair that holds a LOT of water for reason. Its currently shoulder length and takes about 7 minutes to dry when its fresh out of the shower and just toweled off)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by SEALEY0418

First off I knew this product would be great product and worth the splurge even if it was a little pricy because, it is a RUSK. A lot of ladies in my life have different models and these babies are quality! I was lucky enough to get mine on sale at Winners,I snatched it up right away! What I didn't expect was how much I would come to love this hairdryer and dare I suggest become emotionally attached to it!

I find this dryer quickly dries my hair in at least 1/2 the time, not only is this a lifesaver when you are in a rush (snooze button anyone?) but, it allows for easier styling and less heat related hair damage. The reason it dries faster is partly due to the ions (which also contribute to shinier and healthier hair) and in part to the increased air output flow (which makes for easier volume while blow drying upside down).

This product is also extremely durable. I can be a little rough on my stuff sometimes and have dropped it numerous times but, not only is still intact after 4 years of everyday use it still looks and works like new. I think the durability and the larger motor required for the air flow power this delivers are probably the main reasons this product isn't as light as some similar ones. While it is not ''feather light'' I do not find it to be heavy or bulky.

Bottom line...
-Ionic
- ergonomic temperature and air flow settings
-cool shot button
-reduced drying time
-durable
-very fairly priced (in terms of higher quality hair dryers)

I would buy this again even at full price plus shipping, it's really worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This hairdryer has so much force that it actually tangles up my hair sometimes because its got so much hot air flying out of it. Its beyond amazing. I cut my dry time EASILY in half. I have very thick long hair and it holds a lot of water because I get Yuko straightening done to it so this hairdryer is beyond awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by cathysuetaylor

I have very frizzy hair and have tried several things that work, but once I get out into the air-it frizzez back up! My daughter got me a Rusk dryer-EVERYONE notices the difference! I feel normal...PLUS the time I save drying my hair is FANTASTIC!! The ONLY downfall-buying another one once this wears out!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by jade3399

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to my local Ulta store and wanted to get a Sedu blowdryer, however they were out. I asked the sales representative which was the next best blowdryer and she recommended the Rusk Speed Freak. I bought it and was totally unimpressed with it. It was fast to dry, however not as sleek as other hairdryers I have used. The most annoying thing was the power button and heat/cold button locations. It kept turning to cold on me. Overall am not satisfied and will be returning it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by chihuaualover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this blow dryer every day and I LOVE it. To be honest I had the older version of this and it over heated. I brought it back to Ulta and they exchanged it for the new one NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Considering it is $100+ I would only expect such treatment. Over heating is a problem all blow dryers have no and then so I would not let that stop you (especially if you buy it from Ulta, they exchange no hassle even after a year!!)

I have curly, frizzy hair...like no other. I did the whole Alice Delal thing and shaved the side of my head. Realized that had to go, so I did a pixie! I was afraid because of my curly hair, but after finding this gem I was not worried! My hair never frizzes and it stays straight! It looks like I used a straightener, but in fact I only used this. My hair has grown in a lot since I cut my hair short, still very short now, but I do not think I would be able to rock this look without this hair dryer. Thanks rusk!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this hair dryer a lot. I have the pink one, and I got it for $70 at Winners. If you buy it elsewhere it can cost well over $100.
It really does dry my hair fast, especially if I use it on the highest settings. I have long and thick hair and this dries my hair in less than 15 minutes. The cool shot is nice too, to use when I am all finished drying my hair. It's easy to clean too.
I am very happy with this dryer, it's cute and works really well too! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by slp17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I managed to score this blow dryer at winners for $36!!! It had been put on sale twice and no one had snatched it up, so when I saw it at this price I couldn't resist bringing it home (even though I wasn't in desperate need of a new dryer). I love this dryer!!! I have very long (waist length) very thick hair. It normally takes me over 45 minutes to blow dry my hair, but with this dryer it only takes me 15 minutes! It's amazing. It also leaves my hair very smooth and soft so that there's no need to go over my whole head with my straightener, which I love. The settings are also amazing, I love that it gives you cool, warm, and hot settings in addition to the cold shot button. It is heavier than my last blow dryer and having as much hair as I do, I definitely notice the added weight,but that would not be enough to deter me from buying another one of these dryers. It has been amazing for me and I will use this brand for a very very long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by glozzies

I bought this for $70 at Winners and that was a total steal. It is a bit on the heavy side compared to by last blow dryer, the T3 but alas it wasn't as expensive. It dried my hair very quickly, though it is pretty hot. All in all this was a solid purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by JCPrincess318

Well...my poor T3 had reached its life's end and I was pressed to go out and get a new hair dryer as good as the T3 and did a lot of review and found the Rusk Speed Freak....I read wonderful reviews and well felt it was a good catch. I got the pearly pink one with the included paddle brush....I must say it is FAST. However, it blows out so hot that it makes my "breck style" hair pin straight....dirty straight. And when I tip my head upside down the underside of my nape gets tangled and knotted. I dont know...I am not loving this hair dryer. The only way I could get a nice full head of body is when I dry my hair on WARM with a fast speed. I am not liking the weight of this as well...I am in awesome shape and find it easy to manuever, but my mom went to use this dryer and she complained of the heaviness of it....so I am only giving 3 lippies....my T3 was hands up way better then this!