July 25, 2014 | 1045 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow in Eggplant

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm already more than halfway through my second pan of this Eggplant wash and have another sitting in wait: it's a near-daily colour in my make-up routine.

It doesn't appear shimmery on my skin at all, or maybe it's because I usually pair it with one of the Bobbi Brown metallic eyeshadows (which have a higher shimmer-factor). I gave this product 4* overall as the colour - although vividly purple when I layer it on with a packing brush - is relatively flat and doesn't have any complex under/overtones under different lights.

As with all the Bobbi Brown powder products I've used, this eyeshadow is finely milled and applies with virtually no fallout. The lasting power is excellent as it stays out without creasing for 12hours or more, and the eggplant colour stays true until the end.

I use this over a primer starting from my inner eyelid, blending out to a darker contrast towards my crease line and outer-V with either the Bobbi Brown Gunmetal or Midnight Blue metallic eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lost my makeup bag while traveling on business (yes it was a nightmare). Treated myself to $200 worth of new BB product to replace that which was lost and this was one of the items I decided was essential. It's gorgeous and I use it as a liner ALL the time. Great with green eyes and my PPP complexion - it's a BB classic imo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I have this as part of the day & night shadow options palette. (This shade was part of why I bought the palette, actually.) As a previous reviewer said, this is not exactly a "deep purple," but more a shimmery wash that can be light or dark depending on how you layer it. I like the fact it isn't too too shimmery. I use it as a liner and it looks beautiful with my green eyes. Haven't tried to do a more dramatic smokey look with it yet. A nice quality shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Eggplant is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "deep purple," but I find it to be a light shimmery wash. If one applies many layers, it can be deep purple. I have never been a fan of purple shadow, but this one is very classy looking and adds subtle depth. Leave it to Bobbi to convince me to try a darker purple.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by akhan21

hmm wasnt expecting it to be like this 2 b honest
colours OKAY nothing wow about it
wat attracted me 2 it online was the same "SHIMMER WASH EYESHADOW" n in ma mind i had a real shimmery deep purple however u can hardly see the shimmer
its a nice colour though just not wat i was expecting

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For reference I am lighter than a NW10, have light blonde hair and shit-brown eyes LOL (I always hated my boring brown eyes) but I like a more smokier eye as I note pale shades look horrible on me. The color Eggplant looks exactly like the name says in that it looks like the dark color of an eggplant. I like to pair up Eggplant with Heather. I use Heather on my lid and Eggplant as a liner only and finish off with YSL's mascara in burgundy and this really livens up my boring brown eyecolor as the plums pick up the gold and green in my eyes, which other colors never have before. I also achieve a similiar effect when I use Stila's Tone lined with Pigalle however, those shades are more plum/burgundy whereas on me the Heather and Eggplant are more plum. I do hate the screw off casing for the BB eyeshadows as I prefer a flip up top, but the quality of BB eyeshadows are excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2007 1:08:00 AM More reviews by buttermilk

This is the only Bobbi Brown product I own so far, but I love it. I do not use this shadow for shimmer or as a wash. The color is so deep on my fair skin that I use it as an accent color on the outside corners of my lids and along my lashline. It works great for smoky eyes. This shadow is highly pigmented and lasts a long time. Also, the pot is so large, I think it would take me the rest of my life to finish it, even using it every day. This makes the $20 price tag seem more reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 10:31:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a beautiful shade of purple eye shadow.It's a rich,regal shade of purple.Not some cheap childish Grimace purple.But gorgeous,shimmery eggplant!The shimmer is quite subtle but is a nice,pretty touch to this shadow.Bobbi's eye shadows last forever both in the pot and on your eyes.They are totally worth the money and this is one of my all-time favorite eye shadows for smoky eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2005 10:56:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

I love BB's darker shimmer wash e/s, including this one. Applied dry, this one is great for smoky eyes - on me, it's a black-purple color without noticeable shimmer. Applied wet, and it looks like a slightly less pigmented BB Violet Ink - shimmery deep purple, good staying power as a liner, seemingly waterproof, and easier to remove than the Inks. I love the versatility of this line! I'm not lemming the NARS Night colors anymore!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2004 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The more I wear Bobbi Brown, the more I love their products. What I love about their eye shadows is that the colors are skin tone flattering, highly pigmented, and finely milled. I'd been wanting the Shimmer Lilac for some time as I suspected it would make a lovely contrast with my dark brown eyes and my sister just gave it to me for my birthday. A few weeks earlier I'd found this Shimmer Eggplant at a CCO. I wore this today as Eye Shadow - Bone all over the upper lid as a wash/base, Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow - Lilac on the lower part of the lid, and this Eggplant in the crease and as a liner brushed on dry. I wore Blush - Nectar on my cheeks; my lips were lined with Creamy Lip Liner - Melon and filled in with Cream Lip Gloss - Toast. I'm an MMM, with neutral warm-toned Type IV/V skin, wearing MAC NW25 without a tan; very dark brown hair, very dark brown eyes with a gray ring around the iris. Some eye shadows, if they're *too* purple, show up a mile away on me because my skin tone is so warm; it has to be the *right* shade in the purple family so I won't look garish. I loved the look of contrast with my cheeks and lips in a warm tone and my eyes contrasting with the cool palette of eye shadows. If you happen to have the Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner - Violet Ink, well then ... you know the color of the Shimmer Eggplant. This Eggplant is to me a very dark violet; it certainly is different from the Black Plum (which is very near to a black and has more red in it). A BB MUA recommended wearing the Eggplant with the Lilac ... they were absolutely right!

Bobbi Brown's website describes this shade as DEEP PURPLE