September 23, 2014 | 1794 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eye Shadow Single - Champagne

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

I love this Smashbox Champagne shadow. It's another HG of mine that I use for many different purposes - As an all-over wash, as a lid base, or even as a browbone highlight. It's just all-around lovely. It's a lovely, light champagne color with a lot of shimmer. The staying power is fantastic, and it blends beautifully with other shadows. I use this all the time and recommend it all around.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Skylar100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smashbox Champagne is a very glamorous shade; its a glittery, beige-light gold color, definately shows up. Very silky feel. Applies better as a shadow if you use a base first such as MAC's Painterly pot. Otherwise was very inconsistent in its application. I wear it both as a eyeshadow and highlighter at the same time. Great color to make blue eyes pop especially when applied with lots of black liner and mascera. Find it a little too glittery when trying to wearing it as a eye shadow for work. Will look like you came directly from a night club. Though can wear it as a highlighter anytime. If your looking for a glittery shadow, this is it. Definately a shade to add sparkle to evenings, weekends or anytime. Will purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For years I have been using Bare Minerals Cultured Pearl as a highlighter (separate review), but I decided I needed to add beige to my eye shadow arsenal and found Champagne. While trying to find a beige eye shadow, I tried several Smashbox, Lorac, MUFE, and other brandsí colors on my wrist and liked this one the best. Champagne is a balanced blend of beige and peach. It has warmth, but isnít yellow; it has shimmer, but isnít too sparkly (no sparkle chunks flaking off). The texture is amazingly light and smooth, but the color is definitely noticeable. I have oily lids, but this doesn't slid or crease all day. Itís a fantastic neutral for my light olive skin. Itís safe for contact lens wearers (like me), and doesnít case any irritation or breakouts. I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lovely colour and lasts all day blends well with other colours too and i love it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Snowing

This is my first purchase from Smashbox and I was very impressed. It glides on and lasts all day. My second color was Oyster which I use as a highlight color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow!!! Smashbox Shadows are awesome!

This shadow has the softest texture and pigmentation!

It reminds me of MAC's STARFLASH formula!

Its a gorgeous shimmery champagne color!!!!

Spot on quality!

I got it for a Crazy price on Ebay(under $6.00!!!They're regularly $16.00 at Sephora)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by powerc

I love this eyeshadow. I don't remember how I ended up with this -- I must've bought it on a whim being the product junkie I am [and if so, what an extremely lucky pick!], but the other day I was rummaging around looking for an eyeshadow that wasn't fussy for a dressed-up daytime look. Voila! I love the shimmer, and the luxe consistency. It gives just enough color to add effect. I used it with a liner a few shades darker in a shimmery/satiny brown, mascara and good-to-go. No fuss, no wasted minutes strategizing & blending away -- it just looks amazing! One thing, though, is make sure you tap the brush to get the excess off, before applying. Otherwise it ends up underneath the eye and it is hard to correct with all that shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Champagne is a rich, heavily pigmented shadow that glides on. It's extremely shimmery, so those with eyelid wrinkles may want to think twice before wearing this one, though its richness, I find, can be very smoothing over fine lines. I use a primer to avoid shadow fallout and to keep this shadow truer colour, smooth and lasting all day.

I would not say this is a neutral shade, rather this is best suited to warm toned girls because of the very obvious gold undertones that can be seen when you spread it on your eyes or hand.

This is a shade I wear on my lids, with a lighter shade like Mac Ricepaper or Dazzellight on my browbone. Complimenting shades I use are brown Lise Watier Chocolat es, Mac Romp es, SB Sienna: plum-browns like Mac Satin Taupe es, Lise Watier's Acajou el, SB Minx or Olive like Mac Sumptuous Olive with black el.
Go heavy with the black mascara. Champagne may sound like a traditional name for eyeshadow, but this one has so much shimmer that it demands drama!

Even though I get annoyed with SB packaging (why haven't they fixed that yet?) and though this one has too much shimmer for daytime, I really love this shadow and would repurchase it. It's so smooth and creamy, wears so well and blends so beautifully with other shades. I'll wear it so long as my eyelids let me, but once they look too old for it, bye bye Champagne.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by shnarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got the champagne e/s and it has a wonderful silky texture! I use it as a base or highlighter as it is very sheer and easily spread. I tried other smashbox e/s at shoppers (drugstore) but the textures were not as nice.

Edit: After a week I never reached for this. I have too many Shu and CD colours that are similar and much prefer those.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I donít know where to start, I rarely review a product that I actually adore, but this one is my first HG shadow! I have always looked for the perfect Champagne eye shadow that would complement my eyes by softening the skin around my eyes to bring out my deep chocolate brown eyes. Generally, I found most Champagne eye shadows were two light and mostly glitter. Those did nothing for my creamy medium skin tone.

However this eye shadow is fabulous! It has a very soft cashmere texture that just powders over my eye lids. It has a soft frosty glitter under a peachy champagne overtone. Itís absolutely lovely and it definitely gets a 10 on the wow factor for me. All it needs is a black eye liner and I am set (I donít even need to blend anything into my crease because my natural skin tone with this eye shadow pops my eyes). Itís like this shadow was custom made for me, itís everything I look for in a shadow.

My only complaint, is I wish the packaging was not a screw open top, but one that pops up on a hinge like Mac eye shadow to create expedient access. But, that is a small thing to live with.

I know I gushed about this eye shadow a lot, but itís the first one that I was ever 100% happy with : )