July 23, 2014 | 2155 users online

Lip Treatments - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream lip protectant stick Sheer Tint SPF 15- Plum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products I have mixed feelings on, but Iíve used up ĺ of a tube, so it must be pretty good! I love the texture & color of this, its like a tinted lip balm (in a lipstick tube). Itís a neutral, natural, reddish berry shade (similar to Clinique Black Honey). Its sheer enough to swipe on without a mirror, and it just gives my lips a natural tint of color without looking like Iím wearing lipstick. It goes on really smoothly, and feels good as long as its on my lips, but it wears off quickly and feels a touch drying as it wears off. As a result, I have to reapply frequently. It also has a very strong herbal scent & taste. I found it very off-putting at first, but Iíve gotten used to and (and actually kind of like it now). Its 19.50 on the Elizabeth Arden website (yikes!) but I got mine from a discount site for 5.99 and it was well worth the price I paid. I would repurchase again, but only on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by stcloud

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There are few make-up products that buy again and again - and this is one of them. This product gives wonderful comfort to dry lips and beautiful tints - l love the plum shade. Unlike many lip treatments that are tinted, the tints are too pale and fail to show on the lips. This shade is sheer, but gives the lips plenty of colour which I like. I use this throughout the winter and whenever I am flying. Many people have criticised the smell - it reminds me of A & D ointment that my mother used on us as children - and I actually like the smell - it's natural and somehow nostagically comforting. If I had to choose only one lipcolour to use, this would be it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of those colors that looks better in the back of my hand rather than on my lips. Plum reminds me of the infamous Club Monaco color which was also too goth for me. Then there's the smell which is the full-on medicinal Eight Hour Cream smell. It's definitely a return.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by magentagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: I love the color on my pigmented lips! It turns out sheer dark red/brown and it's beautiful. It also lasts quite well for a lip balm color.
I also love the feel of this product. It moisturizes very well, smoothes out my (dry) lips, doesn't migrate into any creases or beyond lips. just stays where is suposed to stay. I almost always put it without any mirror. The moisturizing effect lasts really long. My lips feel plump and healthy. I also don't notice any bad smell. I tried many lip products with horrible taste and smell, but this is not one of them. It has faint herbal smell that disappears almost instantly when applied. It doesn't "taste" bad either and I don't need to be carefull not to apply it too close to inside of my mouth so I don't get the feeling of poisoning myself.
Cons: The tube is standard lipstick one and sometimes gets stuck so I have to turn it several times and press in order to get the product out. (but maybe it's only the mine one with some error) The surface of it is bit gummy/sticky and it collects dirt from hands and handbag and it's not easy to clean off. I'm also not sure about effectiveness of spf 15 in this product.
Overall: I like this very much. Despite packaging, I would definitely buy it again, and I also want it in Berry shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Svanhvit

I can see why a lot of people hate the smell of this as it is quite strong and very unusual. I love it though, I can't really place the scent but it smells very herbal to me. This leaves me with a fairly long lasting sheer plum stain on my lips, and moisturises without being sticky or coating the lips. It gives me that natural just-bitten-a-berry stain that I've looked for in so many other lip products. The SPF15 is really handy for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by martiyates

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a love-hate relationship with the Eight-Hour Cream Lipsticks. I have two, Plum and Chestnut, and while they do smell sort of weird at first, they have an impeccable ability to stay within the lines and impart a nice, balanced shine to the lips (and you can layer to get more intense color). I don't know that I would repurchase, as I am always on to the next thing and an impulsive lip product buyer, but I really do like these. They don't dry out my lips and they make them look full, healthy, and moist.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with the other reviewers that the color of this is pretty enough but I cannot get past the strong scent which to me smells like a lemon scented geranium plant. The scent is so over-powering that I immediately wipe this lipstick off my lips. It's too bad because if this was unscented, I would wear this lipstick all the time - nice sheer plum color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2007 3:07:00 AM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i love this lipbalm! Its a beautiful sheer plum colour (even though in the tube it looks very dark) that would suit most complexions. The colour is quite buildable and it has no shimmer or glitter (however it does leave lips with a sheen). Its is quite a waxy lip balm (although this is why i like it) although the wax does melt very easily onto your lips. I love that on hot days, the stick doesn't melt in my pocket. Highly moisturising/protecting, lovely colour and the perfect amount of pigment! this might be a HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by kb55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I went through a whole stick of the untinted version and am currently working on this Plum one. It's a great moisturizer and the colors are nice and sheer. Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2006 11:43:00 AM More reviews by bebop28

Nice product, but smells terrible. Smell wears off fairly fast.