April 24, 2014 | 1828 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eye Shadow Trio - Photo Op

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this in Dark Room. I thought the colors were wonderful and I would be able to do a nice smokey look, the bonus is these shadows are matte. I was disappointed when I found this was a small wash of color when I applied the shadows. I tried to build the color to no avail. I am a PPP and thought these colors would nice but with the failure building the colors, the eyeshadow color completely disappeared after about an hour of wear with an eye primer. This was disappointing. The colors are beautiful, but I cannot use them. I would not buy these again. Unless they change the formula, which is unlikely.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Alabaster as the base colour and a pale mauve and darker plum in the trio. Quite flattering on my blue grey eyes which can look tired. Packaging is small and easy to port in make up bag. Colours are highly pigmented, go on easily and feel lovely and soft. They last all day with no touch ups. Very flattering, easy application and good longevity. Will definitely repurchase and try other trio combinations. Also as shimmery shades are not so kind to my 39 years old eyes it is quite tricky to find trio or quartet sets that are exclusively matte and smashbox does provide a few matte options.

25/10/13
I love this but the comments from colleagues enquiring after my health and whether I had a head cold made me realise that the darkest shade in this trio must be hugely unflattering. I thought some colour was a good thing but apparently plum is a no go for me and yet the smashbox girl assured me my blue yes would pop with it. I love the alabaster shade as a base and the mauve is nice but will avoid the plum most definitely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

These are really good eyeshadows. All of the colors are really nice, not too creamy/buttery feeling to the touch and go on with minimal fallout. Very good for travelling and touchups, also really good if you aren't really that into makeup and just want something simple. I have the trios in "Filter" and "Head Shot". The rose gold color in headshot is gorgeous! Each trio comes with a lid shade/outer crease shade/and a browbone highlight/blending/transition shade. Will be purchasing other shades as well! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

This is my first purchase of Smashbox eye shadows and I love it! The texture is great; the shadows go on smooth and silky, and stay on all day. Up to now, my favourite shadows were the Dior quint sets, but in the past few years, they have tended to be very shimmery - much too shimmery for me. I prefer a matte texture, and this is what Smashbox delivers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Great trio! Not my favorites, but these are really good shadows that are definitely worth trying. I have the one in Digital- got one in a set of Smashbox products. The colors itself are nothing special, but the quality and texture here is unbelievable. They are so smooth and plush- seriously, they are so easy to work with. Very versatile color combinations. The color payoff is amazing, and they blend like a dream! Expect a little initial fallout, though. Staying power is really good with a primer. So, yeah, the quality is unmatched of any eyeshadows I have tried so far, so I am extremely happy to have this in my collection! Alone, they are a bit pricey (not sure of the exact price) but they are completely worth trying. I wholeheartedly recommend these to you!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by albertra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Being 48 years old, I'm always on the lookout for matte eyeshadows. Although I've never used Smashbox before, I decided to take a chance and try the Photo Op Trio in Aperture. The three matte shades in this trio are Alabaster (a creamy light peach), Sky (a light blue), and Truffle (a medium toned taupe). I was afraid the blue might look too 1970s, but on the lids it looks more like a white with just a hint of blue. All three together give me the neutral daytime brightening I'm going for. For reference, I'm NW20 in MAC, with light brown hair going naturally gray, dark blue eyes, and I wear glasses.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by payalbansal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the colours and the silky look of it when I put it on, and it lasts for quite sometime too. Its probably one of the best eyeshadows Ive ever tried but it's a little too pricey for me honestly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I would actually rate this 3.5, but that's not an option, so I decided to rate this a 4 out of generosity.
I purchased this eyeshadow trio in Screen Shot.
Screen Shot has three shades: a matte nude with warm/pink undertones (highlight color), a slightly shimmery warm brown (base color), and a very shimmery cool brown (crease color).
The crease color, by the way, is WAY too shimmery. It makes your eyelids look like some kind of disco ball! Worse yet, the glitter somehow manages to find its way onto your lips and hair. The base color, however, has a very reasonable amount of shimmer.
The pigment of these eyeshadows aren't as intense as MAC, which is slightly disappointing, but the pigment isn't dull either.
I can go as far as to say that you don't need primer underneath these eyeshadows--they'll stay on for a reasonable amount of time (4-5 hours), and they don't crease either.
However, I don't think any of that is worth it. I would much rather get two high quality MAC eyeshadows for $30 than get this eyeshadow trio for $28.
Would I repurchase? No. I'll stick with my MAC and Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Got this in a swap. I really like it. It reminds me of Highbeam from benefit, in the way the product looks before you add it to the skin.. Once added to the undereye area, it blends in quite well. For me, not only does it brighten the area, but it doesn't dry me out or exentuate my dryness.. It also seems to provide a small amount of coverage. I really like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this product free from Sephora using my points. I was really pleased with it. I've been going for a more natural look lately, and the lightest shade is my absolute fave for that effect.

I apply a base, topped with the lightest shade from the lashline to the crease, couple with a light application of black liner and blach mascara. I love the effect.

The shadow blends right into my fair skin, but leaves a satiny finish that looks so natural and last all day. I have used the other colors too. They all work nicely together and blend like a dream.

This trio is a great asset to your basic bag. I usually use Dior and Lancome shadows, so quality is not lost on me. I think (I could be wrong, I've just never paid for anything in the line) Smashbox is on the less costly end. Presuming I'm right, just another perk!!