Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio - Photo Op

4.4

My fave is Dark Room. Absolutely a go to. One of my must haves!

on 3/8/2015 10:37:00 AM

I only own one Smashbox trio in Sepia but I absolutely love it!

Sepia has got three eyeshadow colors, all of them are uber wearable and pretty. Sepia contains matte finish eyeshadows only but this was actually the main reason why I bought it.
I was looking for a substitute of my favorite taupe shade from Urban Decay but I am so much happier with Smashbox now!

Even when I travel, this is the only "palette" I take with me. It has got a bone color shade, mauve & deep plumy brown color. Suits any eye color type; works incredibly well with brown eyes as plum undertones help the eye color pop and appear vibrant. I have not tried any other Smashbox trio palettes, but did order a huge Masterclass one full of different shades simply because I trust the quality of these.

If you want to see the Sepia trio in action, I found this cool look here. Hope it helps!

on 4/25/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I own two of these, Sepia and Macro Lens, and I love them. They are pricey but I get so much use out of them. The packaging is great for traveling and because they are a trio it is a whole look (highlight, midtone and dark color). Sepia is a cool, matte, purple trio and Macro Lens is warm, brown tone with some shimmer, but not glittery. I can do a whole look with either, smokey or regular dark crease, either way. They stay on with a primer and have great pigmentation, not much fall out. Definitely recommend them, Ulta has them on sale sometimes.

on 12/9/2013 1:52:00 PM

I tried this in Dark Room. I thought the colors were wonderful and I would be able to do a nice smokey look, the bonus is these shadows are matte. I was disappointed when I found this was a small wash of color when I applied the shadows. I tried to build the color to no avail. I am a PPP and thought these colors would nice but with the failure building the colors, the eyeshadow color completely disappeared after about an hour of wear with an eye primer. This was disappointing. The colors are beautiful, but I cannot use them. I would not buy these again. Unless they change the formula, which is unlikely.

on 9/8/2013 4:23:00 PM

Alabaster as the base colour and a pale mauve and darker plum in the trio. Quite flattering on my blue grey eyes which can look tired. Packaging is small and easy to port in make up bag. Colours are highly pigmented, go on easily and feel lovely and soft. They last all day with no touch ups. Very flattering, easy application and good longevity. Will definitely repurchase and try other trio combinations. Also as shimmery shades are not so kind to my 39 years old eyes it is quite tricky to find trio or quartet sets that are exclusively matte and smashbox does provide a few matte options.

25/10/13
I love this but the comments from colleagues enquiring after my health and whether I had a head cold made me realise that the darkest shade in this trio must be hugely unflattering. I thought some colour was a good thing but apparently plum is a no go for me and yet the smashbox girl assured me my blue yes would pop with it. I love the alabaster shade as a base and the mauve is nice but will avoid the plum most definitely.

on 7/12/2013 10:01:00 PM

These are really good eyeshadows. All of the colors are really nice, not too creamy/buttery feeling to the touch and go on with minimal fallout. Very good for travelling and touchups, also really good if you aren't really that into makeup and just want something simple. I have the trios in "Filter" and "Head Shot". The rose gold color in headshot is gorgeous! Each trio comes with a lid shade/outer crease shade/and a browbone highlight/blending/transition shade. Will be purchasing other shades as well! :)

on 4/20/2013 8:23:00 AM

This is my first purchase of Smashbox eye shadows and I love it! The texture is great; the shadows go on smooth and silky, and stay on all day. Up to now, my favourite shadows were the Dior quint sets, but in the past few years, they have tended to be very shimmery - much too shimmery for me. I prefer a matte texture, and this is what Smashbox delivers.

Great trio! Not my favorites, but these are really good shadows that are definitely worth trying. I have the one in Digital- got one in a set of Smashbox products. The colors itself are nothing special, but the quality and texture here is unbelievable. They are so smooth and plush- seriously, they are so easy to work with. Very versatile color combinations. The color payoff is amazing, and they blend like a dream! Expect a little initial fallout, though. Staying power is really good with a primer. So, yeah, the quality is unmatched of any eyeshadows I have tried so far, so I am extremely happy to have this in my collection! Alone, they are a bit pricey (not sure of the exact price) but they are completely worth trying. I wholeheartedly recommend these to you!

on 7/6/2012 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Being 48 years old, I'm always on the lookout for matte eyeshadows. Although I've never used Smashbox before, I decided to take a chance and try the Photo Op Trio in Aperture. The three matte shades in this trio are Alabaster (a creamy light peach), Sky (a light blue), and Truffle (a medium toned taupe). I was afraid the blue might look too 1970s, but on the lids it looks more like a white with just a hint of blue. All three together give me the neutral daytime brightening I'm going for. For reference, I'm NW20 in MAC, with light brown hair going naturally gray, dark blue eyes, and I wear glasses.

on 2/11/2012 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love the colours and the silky look of it when I put it on, and it lasts for quite sometime too. Its probably one of the best eyeshadows Ive ever tried but it's a little too pricey for me honestly.

Top Rated Smashbox Products