October 25, 2014 | 767 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eye Shadow Trio - Photo Op

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I own two of these, Sepia and Macro Lens, and I love them. They are pricey but I get so much use out of them. The packaging is great for traveling and because they are a trio it is a whole look (highlight, midtone and dark color). Sepia is a cool, matte, purple trio and Macro Lens is warm, brown tone with some shimmer, but not glittery. I can do a whole look with either, smokey or regular dark crease, either way. They stay on with a primer and have great pigmentation, not much fall out. Definitely recommend them, Ulta has them on sale sometimes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this in Dark Room. I thought the colors were wonderful and I would be able to do a nice smokey look, the bonus is these shadows are matte. I was disappointed when I found this was a small wash of color when I applied the shadows. I tried to build the color to no avail. I am a PPP and thought these colors would nice but with the failure building the colors, the eyeshadow color completely disappeared after about an hour of wear with an eye primer. This was disappointing. The colors are beautiful, but I cannot use them. I would not buy these again. Unless they change the formula, which is unlikely.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Alabaster as the base colour and a pale mauve and darker plum in the trio. Quite flattering on my blue grey eyes which can look tired. Packaging is small and easy to port in make up bag. Colours are highly pigmented, go on easily and feel lovely and soft. They last all day with no touch ups. Very flattering, easy application and good longevity. Will definitely repurchase and try other trio combinations. Also as shimmery shades are not so kind to my 39 years old eyes it is quite tricky to find trio or quartet sets that are exclusively matte and smashbox does provide a few matte options.

25/10/13
I love this but the comments from colleagues enquiring after my health and whether I had a head cold made me realise that the darkest shade in this trio must be hugely unflattering. I thought some colour was a good thing but apparently plum is a no go for me and yet the smashbox girl assured me my blue yes would pop with it. I love the alabaster shade as a base and the mauve is nice but will avoid the plum most definitely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

These are really good eyeshadows. All of the colors are really nice, not too creamy/buttery feeling to the touch and go on with minimal fallout. Very good for travelling and touchups, also really good if you aren't really that into makeup and just want something simple. I have the trios in "Filter" and "Head Shot". The rose gold color in headshot is gorgeous! Each trio comes with a lid shade/outer crease shade/and a browbone highlight/blending/transition shade. Will be purchasing other shades as well! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

This is my first purchase of Smashbox eye shadows and I love it! The texture is great; the shadows go on smooth and silky, and stay on all day. Up to now, my favourite shadows were the Dior quint sets, but in the past few years, they have tended to be very shimmery - much too shimmery for me. I prefer a matte texture, and this is what Smashbox delivers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Great trio! Not my favorites, but these are really good shadows that are definitely worth trying. I have the one in Digital- got one in a set of Smashbox products. The colors itself are nothing special, but the quality and texture here is unbelievable. They are so smooth and plush- seriously, they are so easy to work with. Very versatile color combinations. The color payoff is amazing, and they blend like a dream! Expect a little initial fallout, though. Staying power is really good with a primer. So, yeah, the quality is unmatched of any eyeshadows I have tried so far, so I am extremely happy to have this in my collection! Alone, they are a bit pricey (not sure of the exact price) but they are completely worth trying. I wholeheartedly recommend these to you!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by albertra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Being 48 years old, I'm always on the lookout for matte eyeshadows. Although I've never used Smashbox before, I decided to take a chance and try the Photo Op Trio in Aperture. The three matte shades in this trio are Alabaster (a creamy light peach), Sky (a light blue), and Truffle (a medium toned taupe). I was afraid the blue might look too 1970s, but on the lids it looks more like a white with just a hint of blue. All three together give me the neutral daytime brightening I'm going for. For reference, I'm NW20 in MAC, with light brown hair going naturally gray, dark blue eyes, and I wear glasses.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by payalbansal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the colours and the silky look of it when I put it on, and it lasts for quite sometime too. Its probably one of the best eyeshadows Ive ever tried but it's a little too pricey for me honestly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I would actually rate this 3.5, but that's not an option, so I decided to rate this a 4 out of generosity.
I purchased this eyeshadow trio in Screen Shot.
Screen Shot has three shades: a matte nude with warm/pink undertones (highlight color), a slightly shimmery warm brown (base color), and a very shimmery cool brown (crease color).
The crease color, by the way, is WAY too shimmery. It makes your eyelids look like some kind of disco ball! Worse yet, the glitter somehow manages to find its way onto your lips and hair. The base color, however, has a very reasonable amount of shimmer.
The pigment of these eyeshadows aren't as intense as MAC, which is slightly disappointing, but the pigment isn't dull either.
I can go as far as to say that you don't need primer underneath these eyeshadows--they'll stay on for a reasonable amount of time (4-5 hours), and they don't crease either.
However, I don't think any of that is worth it. I would much rather get two high quality MAC eyeshadows for $30 than get this eyeshadow trio for $28.
Would I repurchase? No. I'll stick with my MAC and Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my second Smashbox purchase and it won't be my last. This eyeshadow trio is a part of a collection it contains three colors nectar, cinnamon toast, and roast. Nectar is a peach shade, cinnamon toast is a silvery taupe and roast is a deep bark brown. The colors are so soft and rich they blend beautify and show up without a primer on my NC55 skintone. Smashbox has truly stepped up with their products. The trio is called screen shot.