Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.3

on 7/3/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I wanted a brand to replace a Gel I was buying from QVC. I saw the ads for Miracle Gel and thought I would try. This was a buy one get one free (first clue). I bought #160 Pinky Promise and 2 Gels #100 and #101. The complaints about the brush and streaks are true. I may try with another brush and see if that solves that issues. I used on a Monday and then went about my normal activities. By the 4th day, there was cracking on the gel but not noticeable. By the 5th day there was significant chipping. So, definitely false advertising saying it lasts 14 days. I guess they don't really say in what condition it will look by that point. Save your money, each was $10. This is no more than an top coat, not a gel. I may do an update as I try different things but overall, would not buy and would not recommend.

I let a friend of mine talk me into trying her bottle of this nail polish over the weekend. She had a free sample, so I can't say much about the price. It may be expensive as crap in the stores near my location, for all I know.

The quality of the polish, however, is pretty amazing to me. It didn't go on thick or gloppy. I had it chip a little before it completely dried (which happens to me with all nail polishes, because I'm clumsy and impatient). But all I had to do was go back over it a little and put the base coat back on.

At my friend's suggestion, I stuck my hands out the window and let the sun finish drying them. The results were pretty impressive. It's now 4 days later and my nails look almost better than they did when I first painted them.

I'm definitely liking this polish better than I thought I would. I might go see if I can find it at a decent price in stores.

on 7/2/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

don't believe the hype about this product!
this applied the color soooo unevenly and sloppy (I applied it and also had a friend apply it, both of us have steady hands and can usually apply polish without any problems) but this color was uneven, streaked, took a while to dry, and was all around a poor formula.
it kind of "sank" down as it dried, which created a very unappealing look.
I've tried different application methods, different shades, etc and no luck.

the top coat leaves bubbles!!
it does not look like gel at all!!
overall horrible!

does NOT give the look of gel!
and since you need to top and base coat, that's $20!

since then I've gotten the red carpet manicure set and lovvveeeeee it. the light makes it dry so fast and it's so shiny.
reckon gel envy was better than this miracle gel. it stayed on longer and didn't look bad.
I like a few Sally Hansen products a lot more than this (complete salon manicure, insta-dry, expert wear, their nail treatments, etc)

on 7/2/2015 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Bubbled like crazy! Also, the color in the bottle looks lighter than the finished product on nails. Overall disappointed. Had to use 3 coats of glossy top coat to cover bubbles and streaks. Not anything like a gel manicure! False advertising!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Very pricey, but doesn't last a full 14 days. I did get about five days, which I never get with any other polishes, so it's better than having to retouch every 2 days. I didn't really care for the applicator brush which was much too large. The polish is very thick ( I used spice age) so you have to do really thin strokes of polish. I would repurchase since I love polished nails, but hate the upkeep.

on 6/25/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am loving this product! On day #6 with polish and top coat, only very slight chips on the tips and I type all day. Great Products!

on 6/21/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a review for the top coat. My tip is to use your favourite nail polish and then use this as the top coat. My favourite nail polish brand is China Glaze and the top coat was amazing with china glaze diva bride which is a really hard colour to keep looking fresh but It worked great for for me with three coats of diva bride and one top coat of Miracle Gel.
I like this as a top coat but not a fan of the colour polish in this range. I got this on special as a two pack, top coat and wine stock 480, for on $10 which is extremely cheap in Australia so i just had to give it a go.
I thought it was pretty good but i did have to do three coats of the colour to get a good opaque coverage.
I have a very hands on job so my nails really last like one shift and whilst they weren't still perfect by the end of the shift they were very close to perfect still which never ever ever happens with any other nail polish.
One issue would be that it pulls colour with it so you can't expect to use the same top coat bottle for all your shades. Its also hard to find in Australia and way too expensive compared to the USA market, nothing new there though, especially like me you are wanting to get separate bottles for your fave colours. Im very very fussy when i do my nails and when i did my nails with China Glaze in Hey Sailor, bright red, after i had already used the top coat previously with Sally Hansen WineStock, a deep plum/purple, I saw there was some dark spots on my nails that must have been caused by left of WineStock colour in the top coat bottle.
Not as shiny as i would like and also sometimes you can even see the brush strokes and also its prone to air bubbles which drives me crazy after you spend all that time perfecting your manicure to right at the last step have tiny air bubbles starting you in the face.
They also claim to last 14 day's which is just a joke and completely unrealistic and straight up lie.

on 6/17/2015 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These polishes are fantastic! normally, polishes chip on me the next day, or I end up smudging them but these are great. At first it peeled on me, like the entire polish just peeled right off but you just need to apply them correctly.
you need a clean nail, and apply very very thin coats. you only need 2 coats but if you make them thick like normal polish, they wont dry, and make sure you ad the top coat before the second layer of colour has fully dried. it will dry in 10-15 minutes and wont smudge!!

on 6/15/2015 12:57:00 PM

I rarely write reviews and am kicking myself for buying this product before checking here! As with most of the other Sally Hansen polishes, this too, is too streaky, requires too many coats and took almost an hour to finish application. It never dried into a hard finish, started chipping immediately and I removed it before the day was over. Color choices are great...to bad the execution is a huge FAIL. I agree with other reviewers - save your time and money.

on 6/14/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Complete waste of money! Spent $19.98 on the top coat and one gel polish (rosey riveter). Application was streaky and uneven. 2 coats were streaky, 3 coats are too thick and still streaky. I could have thrown in $10 more and went to a local salon for a real gel manicure that would last me at least 10 days. This lasted one day before it started to chip.

Popular Polishes