Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.4

on 5/26/2015 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I 110% love this nail polish! I work in the restaurant business and use my hands all the time! My hands are constantly in sanitizer. I have never had a nail polish last more than a day. I was skeptical at first buy and it exceeded my expectations. it has the normal wear at the tip of my nail (same as acrylic nails with polish) after 7-9 days. It lasted on my toes for over 3 weeks! I change the polish which I have 5 of them only because I love the polish weekly!

on 5/25/2015 10:37:00 AM

This is the best gel mani you can get without use of lights or needing to remove with the time consuming foil process. I have used salon gels, and the loreal gel mani also. I prefer this because I like to change my mani MYSELF and QUICKLY. This removes like a normal polish, quickly and easily, no staining for me. First of all you need to apply 2 coats and then the top coat is key. Of course like any top coat wait until your nails have a min or two to set before applying top coat to avoid streaking etc. This has never been a problem for me. Best part is that it dries FAST. I am a mommy to a four year old and dont have much hands free time. It dries GOOD. no indentations, marks etc after 10-15 min I go about my evening as normal. Best part it lasts through my workweek and by Sunday (mani day) its read for a change without major chips etc. HIGHLY recommend. Cute color selection, way better then Loreal. Packaging is cute too.

on 5/23/2015 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Boots sell this for £10 per bottle - I purchased this more for the colour but have been very happy with the product.

The big brush make application very easy. I haven't used the Sally Hansen top coat, just my usual Seche Vite but my nails remained glossy and chip free for 7 days.

Its also very easy to remove - as I use a top and base coat, I had no problems with the colour leeching through to my nails

Definitely recommend

I am a certified gel technician, so I didn't have high expectations of this product. I was looking for something I could do fairly quickly with some lasting power. I bought 3 colours and the top coat. I applied two coats of #110 Birthday suit followed by the top coat. I like the colour and that's all I like. As soon as I put the topcoat on it went blotchy. Even though the top coat creates a nice shine, it doesn't hide the blotches. I let these 3 layers set for 3 HOURS. I did dishes and instantly the polish creased and smudged and lifted around the edges. It's horrible. What good is this product? I've always been and always will be a fan of Sally Hansen products, but miracle gel is a fail. Huge fail.

on 5/17/2015 2:22:00 PM

My two cents, I have extremely ridged nails that Always bubble, I have never really been able to have a decent manicure, even salon mani's are chipping in a day or two. This product eventually produces a smooth coat for me - it takes some layering of color and topcoat but eventually works, and it doesn't bubble, which is indeed a "miracle". It's now my go-to polish to the point where I don't bother with anything else. If you have lovely smooth nails to begin with maybe this isn't the greatest polish, but if you're damaged like me, it's a godsend.

on 5/13/2015 5:31:00 AM

I currently own 20 of the shades and a bottle of the topcoat. So far I have really enjoyed this product as I do have a gel kit at home but just the thought of having to remove it by sitting there with tin foil fingers and scraping it off the nails just gives me a headache. This does not last 2 weeks on me but I can go a full 7 days. Usually, normal polish lasts less than 5 days. The colours are all beautiful. The only gripe I have that I can't figure out the reason for, is that the colour red eye (bright red shade) is beautiful in the bottle and applied on the nails... But once I put the topcoat on it turns into a blotchy dark red colour. I really don't understand why it's doing that cause it doesn't do that for any of the other colours I have tried and I'm really confused. I've looked online and it seems I'm the only one with this issue. Did I get a bad one?? Does no one else have this issue??

on 5/8/2015 7:55:00 PM

I liked this produce when I first used it. Great coverage and it lasted over a week. HOWEVER... my nails are now badly stained and peeling.

on 5/1/2015 5:37:00 PM

I had moderate expectations for this product - I never thought it would be exactly like a gel, but i did expect for it to be more durable than a regular polish/top coat. I applied Smartease in three thin layers (per other reviews) and the SH miracle gel top coat. I let each layer dry and then waited one FULL hour after the entire application process (i would never usually wait that long but i wanted to give it a fair shot). While it was dry to the touch, not tacky at all, as soon as i reached into a drawer to grab something an entire fingernail of polish smudged completely off….. I redid it, topped with a regular quick dry topcoat and that was satisfactory, but within one day, all nails were crumbling at the tips. So, no, i do not like this product. I returned it for a refund at CVS.

Also, the price point is insultingly high for something that is inferior to every other polish i have every purchased.

on 4/24/2015 9:01:00 PM

This product gets three stars for the below reasons. PS. I like the top coat better than the polish :-)

Pros
Dries relatively quickly
Creamy
Good coverage with 2 coats
Nice colors

Cons
Stains nails, even light colors
Chips after 1 day
Expensive
Too thick, doesn't layer well with itself
Bubbles on nails
Comes off on the brush for the top coat
Lots of cuticle drag
Isn't anything like the gel you get from a salon :-)

I purchased two colors and the base coat, so my investment was about the same price as one Shellac mani. The product was rubbery. I purchased a light pink, so it needed 3 coats and because of the thickness, it took a long time to dry.

The manicure lasted 5 days but I was not pleased with the application, overall appearance and product performance.

Will not purchase again.