Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.4

The entire reason that gel polishes are popular is the idea that they stay on longer than regular nail polishes do. At least, that's the entire reason I had for buying Miracle Gel myself.

I picked up the top coat and the "Malibu Peach" shade at CVS- $20 total, each bottle was $10. I usually feel like I'm splurging if I buy a nice Essie shade for $8 or so, so this was taking a risk. I didn't bother reading any reviews first, and that is where I went wrong.

Miracle Gel has not been any nicer than any other nail polish I've used- I painted my nails yesterday, 2 coats of the Malibu Peach and one coat of the top coat on each nail. The drying time was average. Once done, my nails looked great, although the Malibu Peach is not nearly opaque enough for a matte color, but that could just be the way that particular shade behaves. However, my mani didn't last for even 24 hours before the Miracle Gel started chipping! Granted, they are not huge, noticeable chips, but still, I'm disappointed.

I've had better luck with Essie and will stick with them in the future. Miracle Gel is not worth the hype... or the price.

on 2/28/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought these polishes just before the holidays and was excited to have something that lasted a bit. certainly doesn't last anywhere close to 14 days. however I will not be using these anymore. .My nails are peeling and broken. They have never been in this state before...

on 2/19/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is ONLY for the top coat. First it's dries super fast. Just as if not faster then seven bite and essie.... I usually use cheaper polishes but I've used with essie, China glaze etc also and its about the same and it def keeps my polish on longer then a regular quick dry top coat like scene bite. I am'm one to change my polish alot so I can keep my nails buffed around the edges (which with keeping polish on is the key to keeping ure nails from breaking or splitting) but it's rarely chipped on before I was ready to remove it. I can't speak on if it works better when used the nail polish but is def my FAV top coat! I probably get 30 uses out of it...whether that's good or not idk but it seemed to last forever with getting to thick.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought creme de la creme and it is beautiful with a lovely elegant feel to it. I'm about to purchase the red one, I love that you can easily remove it to provide nail care treatments (unlike the UV gel). Stay away from those UV machines, I'm a beauty therapist & refuse to use those!

on 2/17/2015 4:17:00 PM

I am so surprised to see all the bad reviews on this stuff.

I absolutely love it. Hands down, the best nail polish I have used.
I bought the light blue colour and applied 4 coats of colour and the gel top coat.

If I paint my nails with OPI or any other Polish, I have chips within hours. This stuff lasted 4 days before seeing any sort wear and even then, it was only a couple of tiny chips on the ends.

The colour I got was very opaque, it applied very nicely, no streaking. And dried quickly - considering the amount of coats I applied.

Mid week when the chips appeared on one of my nails, I just used regular nail polish remover to remove the colour and re-did that one nail. The colour was removed very easily and made no mess whatsoever.

The only downside for me is the price. Here in Australia you will pay $16 for this stuff, also the colour rage isn't that great. They need to add some more colours!

on 2/17/2015 11:10:00 AM

If you are looking to use this for a long-lasting, chip-free manicure, keep looking. Does not stand up to the claims it makes. Not even 24 hours after applying and huge chips. Pass.

on 2/6/2015 10:19:00 PM

I too am dealing with peeling nails after using this product. I have never experienced anything like this. I even started taking special vitamins. There is no way I will ever use this product again. My nails are down to painful nubs. I loved the quality of the polish, but cannot handle the side effects. This stuff needs to come with a large warning label.

on 2/6/2015 4:38:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I'm new here and really only joined to read the reviews of Miracle Gel (No Light) as I am in serious trouble after using it . I bought it back in Sept/Oct 2014, best I can remember at Walmart. I only use really cheap polish as a rule and this was a splurge as I am hard on my nails and I was tempted by the 14 day duration. All went well, the polish went on perfectly, dried quickly and looked good. Eventually it chipped and I decided to re-apply. What a job with normal acetone to get the stuff off! It took three times as much remover and cotton wadding. Each successive application/removal was the same... good on, horrible off until I began noticing white streaks on my nails and somehow several appeared more and more 'puffy'. I continued using Miracle Gel not realizing that the product could have been the cause. Four fingernails started to literally come part across the horizontal axis. It still didn't dawn on me that MG could have been the cause (in fact I'm still only 99% sure). I started thinking of making a doctor appointment and then did so, by which time I;d had to put a drop of superglue on one nail to hold it on. My doctor was alarmed, made case notes and I am scheduled to have the first 2 fingernails surgically removed next week (Feb 10th 2015) I came to this message board to see if others had the same outcome. I have contacted Sally Hansen (Coty) and they want me to fill out a questionnaire and return the bottle. Legal advice says not to at this point and to find out how many other users have been possibly damaged in the same way. I shall check back to see what other stories have been told. Ps My nails normally are very strong, in good shape. I was one of the lucky ones. Not anymore.

on 1/29/2015 12:59:00 PM

I bought this product and was very pleased that I finally found something that would stay on for two weeks. I went all out and bought almost all of the colors.

Cons: After using this product for about 3 months, my nails are a mess. All of them have broken off and have chipped. I never had a problem with my nails before this. I have stopped using this product and wished I could return the product for a refund. It is just HORRIBLE.

on 1/27/2015 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I recently used this polish in "Combustealble" and am fairly satisfied with the results. It lasted 5 days without chipping (which for me, is a long time, especially since I'm really tough on my hands and am always washing them) and even then the chips weren't terrible and you wouldn't notice unless you looked up close.

Pros:

-I like the brush; it's similar to Sally Hansen insta-dri, being wide and flat. Easy to paint your nails in one or two strokes.
-Long-lasting (by my standards, did not last the 14 days it said, but 5 days for me is a huge feat)

Cons:

-Brush holds a lot of polish so make sure you drip some back into the bottle
-Pricey
-The shade choices aren't anything special
-Did not last as long as it says
-Not as shiny as I would like, colour dulls over time
-Top coat picks brush picks up polish colour

Would I buy it again?

Yes. I can't have a nice manicure with any other polish before it chips in less than 24 hours, and this one lasted 5 days. Worth the price if you're like me, but if you're expecting a 2 week-long-lasting, shiny gel manicure, this is not for you.