Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.5

on 3/24/2015 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I swear by Sally Hansen nail polishes. In my opion, its better than OPI and Essie. The application is amazing, lasts long, shiny, the brush is lovely (Two swipes and it covers my nails) and on top of all that, it dries rather quick!
When Sally Hansen released the Gel polish range, I tried it out and its amazing. I use the Gel Top coat on top and it seriously lasts a week and half then I start to notice a small chip on a nail or two.
I get so many compliments on my nails, people think i get them done at the nail salon/think its fake because its shiny and they look hard. I cannot rave about these polishes enough!

on 3/15/2015 3:33:00 PM

I have tried and returned and discarded an unbelievable amount of nail polishes. I have been testing for YEARS and I am pretty sure I finally found something that lasts more than 2 days before wearing off the tips of my right hand (I am right-handed). I always wear gloves when doing dishes and this still did not prevent the tips of my nails from wear. I was at my local DS about a week ago and purchased the SALLY HANSEN MIRACLE GEL nail polish and the top coat. I always keep my receipts because I was sure I would have to return this BUT I am excited to report that after 1 week of having the polish on my nails (I MIGHT redo them tonight) I am pretty sure I can get at least another 2 days out of what I already have on. The only thing I did not care for is that the color I purchased, Rosy Riviter (180), is very translucent and I was not totally satisfied with the color overage. It is a little streaky and after 3 coats I thought it could use another coat .... but I let it be and put on the Gel Top Coat. I am sure I will exchange this color for another color. The packaging is wonderful -- no waste -- because it is only the bottle and I did think it was a little pricey at first, but now I am thinking the price is OK. Right now I am giving this a 4 out of 5 overall rating. If the next color I try gives me better coverage .... it will for sure be a "5" . . .

on 3/11/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Let me start out buy saying I never thought this polish would last 14 days. If you don't want to paint or touch up your nails for two weeks then go to a salon. Don't think you'll achieve that from a drugstore nail polish.

Second off we need to remember that our nails are all different. I can wear my Nars Orgasm for a week without any chips and my friend's nails will chip after an hour. Our nails reflect the nutrients being put into our bodies so everyone has different nail types.

As someone who would typically get a normal 2-3 days out of a polish, (I like Essie, OPI, & Butter London) I was willing to give this a try even if it didn't last the promised 14 days. I purchased Sugar Fix and the top coat. Two coats of Sugar Fix was perfect. The Miracle Gel polish comes with the same wide brush other Sally Hanson polish comes with, which I loved. I only waited a few minutes before applying the top coat. There were no bubbles or streaks. It fully dried in under ten minutes.

No need to apply a base coat with this polish. You will notice an almost rubbery feel when applying. There is a base already in the polish. This feeling was weird at first but once it dried, I didn't notice it.

I type all day long at work. I also file, do dishes at home, take out the trash, cook, clean, bathe my baby, and use a bleach disinfectant every night. This polish lasted NINE days before I had a single chip. It was certainly still wearable, but I purchased another and wanted to try it out.

I was nothing but impressed. For such an affordable nail polish I got nine days wear. Way better than the 2-3 in my book. I'm interested to see how this top coat will react with some other none gel polishes.

For reference, my nails are pretty healthy. I use cuticle creams and give them breaks between manicures. Also, when I'm not using the miracle gel polishes, I use the Butter London 3 free base coat. I also stay far away from fake nails. They will destroy your real ones.

on 3/9/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've only ever managed two weeks with one polish when wearing an acrylic overlay. Even salon applied gel coats were repelled by my polish destroying nails. Then again, I wonder why anyone would want to suffer through that growth stripe if they can cheaply and quickly change it at home.

This is the mindset I had when I picked up Sugar Fix and Top Coat. I read on the Sally Hansen website that a base coat was built in but I have some ridging I just couldn't leave to chance so I used my Essie Ridge Filler as a smoothing base layer. The site also says Top Coat is the activating coat which will continue to cure in natural light so, the first time, I wandered outside and let my digits dry in fresh air and soak up some natural light. I normally do fast dry top coats followed by an oily drying aid. Waiting for the coats to dry was new but not painful. The result, whether I let my fingers wave in sunlight or not, is a set of gorgeously shiny nails. The top coat and layers of Miracle Gel color don't create a thick manicure but my nails feel firmer than they do with non-gel polishes similarly layered.

The formula of the polish is beyond excellent because it doesn't puddle near my cuticles. It goes on with no fuss or bother thanks to a nice wide, flat brush. I got opacity with two coats. Wear time is excellent IF my nails are clean and smooth on the surface & edges. All it takes is one nail to snag on something or for a nail to begin peeling and any manicure is ruined. If I've taken my time and my nails are properly prepared I can get a few days wear, which is kinda miraculous for me. I don't know if it lasts longer because I change colors a couple times a week. It's nice to have the choice now. I change out of boredom, not because my nails look wretched.

I normally go for 3 and 5-free polishes but I've always been able to count on Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry for (usually) opaque in one coat, quick drying polish. If I have to take a trip with little notice, you can bet a bottle is going in my bag. Of course I would be more inclined to give the brand the benefit of the doubt but I do think it's at least as good as the other non-UV gel polishes. The reviews of all of the brands are very mixed because expectations are high due to advertised promises. Fortunately, they're inexpensive experiments.

Edited to rave about the brush and formula.

on 3/9/2015 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm someone who typically only gets 2-3 days max of wear out of any nail polish. When I first tried this one, I was impressed by the shine and look of it (the shade was wine stock), but it lasted only 2 days before it chipped majorly and started peeling off it spots. I'm glad I decided to give it another try, however, this time with Orly Bonder underneath. I was able to get 5+ days of wear out of it, and for me, that is absolutely incredible. This means that I can't go without a base coat, as Sally Hansen suggests, but the fact that I got it to work and to last super long for me definitely pleases me and I have already purchased 2 more shades to try out.

Edited to add: I'm questioning the validity of some of the previous 1 star reviews done in recent weeks. If you look, most of them come from reviewers who have only reviewed this product and nothing else. Are they from competitors? Hmm...just wonder....

on 3/8/2015 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am surprised to see all the negative reviews here. I have had excellent results with Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel. After trashing my nails from months of UV Gel manis, I had no choice but to stop. I wasn't ready to give up long wearing color so I decided to give this a try. I've been using various colors; Red Eye, Blacky O, Dig Fig and Wine Stock and I've been nothing but happy with each and every color. I do apply a coat of Stickey prior to the color which you aren't supposed to need but I feel like I always need a base. I have no idea if that's why I'm getting such long wear out of these nail polishes but I can easily go 10 days with only little tip wear. Today was day 12 with Dig Fig and I had a small chip on one nail and obvious growth so I finally removed it but I probably could have went another day or two. I've had the same experience with all of the colors I've tried so far, a good 10 days of shiny, no chip nails. I'm not sure why the reviewer below keeps writing about peeling and nail damage but that certainly hasn't been the case with me and I know damage. I had to go bare nailed for months after the UV Gel damage so I'm wondering if maybe that's what the other reviewer used Quick tip: this doesn't dry as fast as UV Gel so you will need time. I spend the same amount of time as I would doing a regular mani, letting each coat fully dry. I'm not a huge fan of the large brushes but I can live with it. I don't know how it works but I love this stuff and I'll be purchasing more for spring.

on 3/8/2015 2:20:00 PM

I expect Sally Hansen nail products to be top-notch. I've been let down with Miracle Gel. The polish is expensive ($8/bottle) and it applies poorly: streaky, uneven. Worst of all, it doesn't dry to a hard finish. I painted my nails 2 days ago and if I scraped them I do believe the polish would come right off. The only positive I have to say about this product is that the brush is wide. Overall, I am very disappointed with Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel. The only "miracle" is that I didn't throw the stuff in the garbage.

The entire reason that gel polishes are popular is the idea that they stay on longer than regular nail polishes do. At least, that's the entire reason I had for buying Miracle Gel myself.

I picked up the top coat and the "Malibu Peach" shade at CVS- $20 total, each bottle was $10. I usually feel like I'm splurging if I buy a nice Essie shade for $8 or so, so this was taking a risk. I didn't bother reading any reviews first, and that is where I went wrong.

Miracle Gel has not been any nicer than any other nail polish I've used- I painted my nails yesterday, 2 coats of the Malibu Peach and one coat of the top coat on each nail. The drying time was average. Once done, my nails looked great, although the Malibu Peach is not nearly opaque enough for a matte color, but that could just be the way that particular shade behaves. However, my mani didn't last for even 24 hours before the Miracle Gel started chipping! Granted, they are not huge, noticeable chips, but still, I'm disappointed.

I've had better luck with Essie and will stick with them in the future. Miracle Gel is not worth the hype... or the price.

on 2/28/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought these polishes just before the holidays and was excited to have something that lasted a bit. certainly doesn't last anywhere close to 14 days. however I will not be using these anymore. .My nails are peeling and broken. They have never been in this state before...

on 2/19/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is ONLY for the top coat. First it's dries super fast. Just as if not faster then seven bite and essie.... I usually use cheaper polishes but I've used with essie, China glaze etc also and its about the same and it def keeps my polish on longer then a regular quick dry top coat like scene bite. I am'm one to change my polish alot so I can keep my nails buffed around the edges (which with keeping polish on is the key to keeping ure nails from breaking or splitting) but it's rarely chipped on before I was ready to remove it. I can't speak on if it works better when used the nail polish but is def my FAV top coat! I probably get 30 uses out of it...whether that's good or not idk but it seemed to last forever with getting to thick.