Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.3

on 7/24/2015 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love, love, love this gel polish. This is the first time I used gel polish and it was awesome. First let me just say I am a busy mom of four kids and usually don't have much ME time so the fact that this goes on smooth and dries super fast is great. I put two coats of the color polish and one top of the gel topcoat and was good to go in about 5 minutes. I really liked the applicator brush because it is thicker than the normal polish brushes and it has more of a rounder edge to it...in my opinion made it easier to paint near the cuticle..I have had it on for 5 days now and hasn't chipped at all. I even pulled weeds, washed dishes and probably washed my hands a thousand times and my nails are still good. I would definitely buy this in more shades.

on 7/17/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am on day 10 since I did my manicure with this miracle gel. Today is the first time I wasn't thrilled with how my nails looked. I could probably get a few more days out of this, but am redoing tomorrow as I have a big social function the day after.

The color and shine have both held up well- yesterday was the first time I could see any natural nail along the top edges.

I will definitely be buying this in lots more colors.

on 7/14/2015 3:41:00 PM

After shelling out 40$ on Shellac mani's I really wanted to like this but sadly, it's claims we're too good to be true.

Nice selection of colors, 10$ for the colored gel and another 10$ for the top coat.

First impression, not good good, I definitely dislike the wide, bulky brush, way too big for my nails and the coverage is very streaky. I got decent coverage with 3 coats applied with a light touch.

Definitely not as shiny as shellac or gel either.

I got 3 days of decent looking nails, better then regular nail polish but not a fan of the streaky coverage or brush.

I'll try it with another brush to see if it improves the look of things but if you are looking for something similar to shellac, this isn't it.

I purchased several of these at ones when hearing holy grail reviews from a friend about them being the go to for any kind of at home manicure. I was highly disappointed after spending $10 a bottle for the results I received. Even after letting my nails dry for 20 minutes I got marks and indents from the slightest touch of something, the color was super chunky and hard to layer without looking cakey. The brush is absolutely horrible especially for someone with small nails like me. The worst part of this product is the advertisement of it lasting "14 days". After one day of normal house chores or out by the pool you could forget I even took the time to do a Mani. Chipping and cracking is horrid, overall would not recommend.

on 7/7/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ladies I've done this with Julep nail color. I put on 2 coats of color first (and let it dry completely) then put on the miracle top coat. Voila, you got beautiful shiny shellac-lookalike nails with no UV light curing and save at least $25! I love Julep. They make very good product. The color goes on evenly even only one coat it's already beautiful. It helps strengthen your nails too. My nails don't get weak or thin or yellow. I recommend you find the color you like on eBay (a lot cheaper) and use it with the Gel top coat. It stays on for at least a week. Again, this is not real shellac color so don't hope that it'll stay on forever. You get one you lose one, right? For me, I like to change color every other week so this works for me. Try it.

on 7/3/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I wanted a brand to replace a Gel I was buying from QVC. I saw the ads for Miracle Gel and thought I would try. This was a buy one get one free (first clue). I bought #160 Pinky Promise and 2 Gels #100 and #101. The complaints about the brush and streaks are true. I may try with another brush and see if that solves that issues. I used on a Monday and then went about my normal activities. By the 4th day, there was cracking on the gel but not noticeable. By the 5th day there was significant chipping. So, definitely false advertising saying it lasts 14 days. I guess they don't really say in what condition it will look by that point. Save your money, each was $10. This is no more than an top coat, not a gel. I may do an update as I try different things but overall, would not buy and would not recommend. UPDATE: I tried using another brush with a similar color and the streaking went away. I put everything on top of what I had to test out how much I can overlay and again to see how quickly it all breaks down. Color looks much better using a different, thinner brush. I used the original one for the top coat.

I let a friend of mine talk me into trying her bottle of this nail polish over the weekend. She had a free sample, so I can't say much about the price. It may be expensive as crap in the stores near my location, for all I know.

The quality of the polish, however, is pretty amazing to me. It didn't go on thick or gloppy. I had it chip a little before it completely dried (which happens to me with all nail polishes, because I'm clumsy and impatient). But all I had to do was go back over it a little and put the base coat back on.

At my friend's suggestion, I stuck my hands out the window and let the sun finish drying them. The results were pretty impressive. It's now 4 days later and my nails look almost better than they did when I first painted them.

I'm definitely liking this polish better than I thought I would. I might go see if I can find it at a decent price in stores.

on 7/2/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

don't believe the hype about this product!
this applied the color soooo unevenly and sloppy (I applied it and also had a friend apply it, both of us have steady hands and can usually apply polish without any problems) but this color was uneven, streaked, took a while to dry, and was all around a poor formula.
it kind of "sank" down as it dried, which created a very unappealing look.
I've tried different application methods, different shades, etc and no luck.

the top coat leaves bubbles!!
it does not look like gel at all!!
overall horrible!

does NOT give the look of gel!
and since you need to top and base coat, that's $20!

since then I've gotten the red carpet manicure set and lovvveeeeee it. the light makes it dry so fast and it's so shiny.
reckon gel envy was better than this miracle gel. it stayed on longer and didn't look bad.
I like a few Sally Hansen products a lot more than this (complete salon manicure, insta-dry, expert wear, their nail treatments, etc)

on 7/2/2015 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Bubbled like crazy! Also, the color in the bottle looks lighter than the finished product on nails. Overall disappointed. Had to use 3 coats of glossy top coat to cover bubbles and streaks. Not anything like a gel manicure! False advertising!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Very pricey, but doesn't last a full 14 days. I did get about five days, which I never get with any other polishes, so it's better than having to retouch every 2 days. I didn't really care for the applicator brush which was much too large. The polish is very thick ( I used spice age) so you have to do really thin strokes of polish. I would repurchase since I love polished nails, but hate the upkeep.

Popular Polishes