December 22, 2014 | 1628 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Miracle Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the Mad Women color along with the top coat in the set. What a pretty festive red Christmassy color! I am never one to wear pale pastel colors and I love dark reds. I never tried gel manicures or went to a nail salon, and I wanted to try this. It helps to have coupons, too. Pricey for drugstore. Anyway, I experimented with the polish using my left hand only on three fingers. I am on day 10 and have one major chip on one finger, minor wear on the others and really like how long this lasted! I used OPI's Nail envy as base coat, two coats of the color and finished off with the top coat. I did not let it dry between the coats of color (probably bad that way) and as I finished with the top coat, I added a cheap NYC quick dry clear polish on top of that. And if it was sunny out, I dried my nails on the window sill to set, lol. I am so ready to buy more colors!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by vitaminas2u

Im referring to the top coat now: the first time I used it i was surprised to see the brush was totally torn - looked like it was melted. So I am using another brush when applying the top coat. :|

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by aladria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This polish is NO different from any other regular polish. I've now used it multiple times and tried different thicknesses of application in case I was doing something wrong. But sure enough, with every single application - it would chip/wear within 1 day. Their claim that one can get 14 days out of this polish is ridiculous! This polish is expensive, so I'd expect something different - but no, it's all hype and marketing. It wears the exact same as every other regular polish out there, end of story.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got the wine stock colour and the top gel coat the other day in these, lovely polishes, I have to say u need the top coat to get the the gel effect tho. The polish is a great thickness and two coats did it for me in this wine stock colour. It's a deep blood red, looks fantastic. Looks like I went to the salon and got it done. I have tons of opi but was at shoppers drug mart and saw this colour so I grabbed it. Glad I did

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Mel81

Bought on a whim...love having my nails painted but hate that they chip so fast. Tried it on my toes and so far it's been most two weeks. Wouldn't say it doesn't chip, as it does, but i would say it lasts longer than normal nail polish....with it being winter I wear socks and shoes all the time, so I find that normally my toes chip all the time with normal polish and clear coat. I put the clear coat on my finger nails over regular nail polish instead of using the coloured polish.Again found it better than regular nail polish. My nails lasted three days before chipping, and I would say it wasn't even bad chipping, just more at the tips of my nails it was a tiny bit worn off. I'm always washing my hands and whatnot so I'm hard on my nails. I love getting gel at the salon but find it wrecks my nails so I find this is a good alternative. Wish it lasted longer without chipping, and doesn't last as long as it claims but again, it is better than regular nail polish. I would buy it again for my toe nails and just use the clear coat over my normal polish on my fingers. Price is a bit expensive, but would be worth it in the summer I think for my toes. The shine is ok, doesn't fade as fast as a clear coat.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Redswan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't impressed with the Miracle Gel line at all. There's a wide range of colors, but none are really unique - you can find similar or identical shades in less-expensive polishes. The finish wasn't especially glossy, not even with the special topcoat. And worst of all, the wear was no different from a regular nail polish - in fact, it was actually WORSE than some of my non-gel-wannabe polishes. For almost $10 a pop, I expect more than a day's wear before chips and tip wear set in. I'll stick with regular nail polish, thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked a couple of these up at my local swapmeet for 7 bucks all together. What a steal! I wanted to give these a try since Ive stuck with the Gelish and Sensationail line. So far Im really liking it. I love the brush and the consistency of the polish. Both aspect really help me get close to the cuticle and get a full coverage all over my nail. Some gel polish retract/shrink if you wait to long to cure. You get decent opacity on the second coat, however I do a light third coat just to get a truer darker color. I will keep an eye out at my local swapmeet for other colors. I

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Physeter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm fairly happy with this product. My nails break very easily, as I work with my hands a lot. And it is very difficult for me to have nail polish last long on my nails. Gel nail polish with the lamp can be good, but it left my nails weak, and sometimes it peels off. This nail polish is exaggerating when it says it is a "miracle gel". However, it is a very good nail polish. It has lasted on my toenails and is growing out, now. Other nail polishes tend to rub off on my toe nails as I wear shoes and sock at work.

I tired Birthday Suite. It's a very pale pink - almost white. And it isn't like a gel, in that it will get chips and scratches on my finger nails, from using my hands. However, it lasted much longer than other nail polish. I am now trying Tan-alicious. It is almost the same colour as my skin. It went on smoothly, covered my nail ridges very well. However, the top coat did pick up some colour. Unfortunately, we don't get a very large range of colours in Australia.

Removing this nail polish is so much simpler than with gel polish. It's just the same as removing a normal nail polish.

Overall, I'd say I'd get it again, and I prefer it to other nail polishes. It wears well, but it is not a salon finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Heather559

I am impressed by this nailpolish, and I don't impress easily. I am very hard on my nails, and I ususally don't get to 3 days without chipping and cracking. I was skeptical about trying this and wasting more money on gel polish because even the LED light polishes would chip in several days, if not the same day. I first bought Street Flair, a lilac color, and the topcoat. Put on 2 coats and 1 coat of topcoat and liked the coverage and the fact that the brush is curved, so I had less to clean up around the edges. 5 days later, and I was only seeing a little bit of tip wear. Day 6 I got the first chip. Removal is so much easier than the gels with the light - removes with nailpolish remover - no sitting and waiting forever with aluminum foil fingers. I went back and bought a few more colors and have tried Truffle Shuffle, a medium brown. This time it lasted a full 8 days before chipping, and I couldn't believe it! I am going to try it with regular nail polish under the top coat, and if they last anywhere near this long, I will be extremely satisfied. The only thing I didn't like is they did feel tacky for a little while afterwards, but I will try a quick dry topcoat next time as other reviewers have suggested. Overall, very happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by emandemsinalamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:

- Long-lasting, resistant to tip wear and chipping, has lasted me a week or more in the past.
- Good, opaque coverage in 2 coats.
- Beautiful colour selection, as with most Sally Hansen products.
- Shiny shiny shiny! Wow. Truly brilliant shine that lasts.
- Inexpensive at around $9 CAD (at Target).

Cons:

- You do have to buy the special topcoat that goes with it, or a similar gel activating topcoat, which is kind of a bummer. I'm happy to report, however, that it doesn't matter if you use the SH brand gel topcoat; I use Revlon's and it worked just as well. Also, it's worth considering that if you regularly get your gel nails done at the salon/spa, this is going to be a gazillion times cheaper!
- It can take some time to set properly and can remain with a kind of sticky, tacky texture for a while after it sets. I fixed this problem by putting a light coat of Seche Vite over top, which eliminated the stickiness and it dried down nicely (and almost immediately). Once you do this extra step (which shouldn't be necessary, hence 4 lippies instead of 5), it wears like iron. If you don't have Seche Vite (and if you don't, get on that!), I'm certain this trick would also probably work with pretty much any quick-dry topcoat.

Overall this is a very, very good polish that I would absolutely recommend. The shade that I have is called Wine Stock, and it's a very deep, blackened red with purple undertones. It's a totally gorgeous shade that I wear again and again.