Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.2

I love this line of polishes. I have several shades---birthday suit ( buff nude), smartease (pastel dusty pink), buffalo nickel (shimmery pewter), and a newer shade I just purchased -- midnight mod (a deep inky blue) among others. I think if you want a polish to stay on for more than 2 days and are also looking for something affordable, this is for you! It's basically a long wearing, natural light hardening nail polish. It removes the same as regular nail polish which I think is great if you just want to take the old shade off quickly, and do your next mani. The longest I've gone on one color is 10 days!!! You will get some tip wear, but never has it chipped. I feel like the topcoat is ESSENTIAL to this process and wear. So get the topcoat!!!

I personally really don't like this. It's really thick and takes hours to dry, I use two coats of the polish and one coat of the top coat. No matter how long you don't move your hands, it always seems to get smudged or indented. That's not hard to fix, so I dealt with a few imperfections and decided to try and see how it lasted. By the second day, it was peeling off around my cuticles and chipping at the tips of my nails. I suppose for a drug store gel polish I can't expect it to be perfect, but I don't think it's worth it.

This product is extremely disappointing and is not worth the $10 it costs. $20 in all including top coat. It takes forever to dry, and I mean FOREVER. And it starts to show wear with in the first day. It is also extremely thick so expect to get some imprinting. I definitely give this product a big 👎.
This is a couple days after I first wrote my review. I feel I was maybe a bit harsh with this product. It does take a really long time to completely dry. Around 2 hours for 2 coats and top coat. But if you have the patience and time for that the color and shine is amazing. It does chip less than the average nail polish but it does have wear at the tips of my nails by the first day. But I'd change my initial raiting to 3 stars instead of the original 1.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Be sure to wipe nails with rubbing alcohol before applying - makes A LOT of difference in how long it lasts. Street Flair is the fourth bottle of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polish I've purchased! The color is a deep lavender and even prettier on the nail than I hoped by the look in the bottle - not as loud as I thought it might be . I stopped bothering with polish on my nails because it chipped and looked a mess by day TWO. But I get 6, 7, even 8 days of wear out of this polish! I finally get to have pretty nails 😄 💅 without the time, expense and concerns of gel nail polish that needs a UV light.

Went on smooth and dried fast. Looks professional. I will be purchasing additional colors. Love!!!

I'm not even sure why I wanted to love this product so badly, but I was disappointed. The product itself is somewhat pricey, and is pretty much a traditional nail polish in new packaging. I didn't find it lasted longer or had more shine or strength than most other nail polishes.

I do want to note though that I am not adhesive, and so at least for me none of the gel manicures I've ever had last for more than 3 days, and I've had a similar experience with non-makeup products such as moleskin (super flannel based blister covers loved by backpackers for their insane durability).

Hoping something will work doesn't mean it will. I had read good reviews for this polish elsewhere and decided to give it a try. As with all other polishes, it chipped within hours, doing normal activities (I wasn't gardening or anything). Pity.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not buy it, I have to state it first. As I have mentioned somewhere before, a lot of my cosmetics are brought home by my mom (journalist) so there is that. I used both nail polish and top coat from this line, and I am so disappointed. Colours Sally Hansen comes out with are beautiful, I love them, I have tons of her actual nail polishes, and they are great. But this is just such a let-down. I applied gel top-coat, and I instantly went like 'wow, oh my, it looks amazing', BUT it chipped so quickly. I mean it chips much more quickly than any regular nail polish. I admit it, it looks nice, but you can literally take off your whole nail polish with this. Gel lines are supposed to last you longer, even if it is not really gel polish, but it is aspiring to be one. It should have longer lasting power than one day, for real. I would not repurchase, especially for this price. The only thing that kinda saves it, that none other gel home-use formula does not work, and chips as easily. Maybe gel nails should be just left to manicure artists.

REVIEW: Top coat in black bottle.

I only bought this because I had a gift card, no way I was going to pay almost $8 for a nailpolish! I have several "expensive" polishes but I only buy them on clearance. I don't mind paying for makeup or skin care, but I don't spend on polish.

But
Once I run out I WILL PURCHASE AGAIN (probably wait for when H.E.B puts out their 1 or 2 dollar coupons)
☆dries quickly in a few seconds
☆leaves a smooth finish to the nail
☆color doesn't chip or crack for days (I'm going on 7 days with NO chips, cracks or receding of color on tips) & I wash dishes all day everyday.

☆☆☆Doesn't have to be paired with the sally gel polish to work

I must be very lucky, because this stuff dries quickly for me, more so than regular polishes.

I got this because after I had my first real gel manicure removed, my nails were badly damaged, and I didn't want to risk having one of those done again, no matter how much I had loved the look and wear of it. I'd been told by a friend that she has success with this line, and her manicures will last at least a week. So, it seemed like an option I should try.

My first manicure with this line was applied in a bit of a rush as I was getting ready for a trip to Chicago, and wanted my nails to look nice while we were there. I applied a base coat by OPI, then two layers of the Sally Hansen in (I think?) Dig Fig. Some fig colour, anyway. Then I applied one layer of the top coat. I only had time to let it dry for about 20 minutes before I had to grab my purse and suitcase and cane and head out the door, and yet, by the time I was settled on the train and could inspect my nails, there were no smudges or dings to be seen. Yay! My nails lasted easily for the full week, with no chipping or wear at the tips. I was very impressed.

I'm now wearing my second manicure with this polish, again with OPI base coat, two layers of polish (Miss Wanderlust), and one coat of the top coat. Again, it dried quickly, and on day four it still looks great, no chipping or wear.

I'm not sure why some people have good luck with this line and others don't. but for me, it's been a winner, and I'll keep using it. Maybe all the rotten luck I seem to have with mascara is being offset by good luck with nail polish? LOL I will try to post a pic of the current manicure if I can -- I have no good pics of the previous one.