Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.4

on 4/24/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

This product gets three stars for the below reasons. PS. I like the top coat better than the polish :-)

Pros
Dries relatively quickly
Creamy
Good coverage with 2 coats
Nice colors

Cons
Stains nails, even light colors
Chips after 1 day
Expensive
Too thick, doesn't layer well with itself
Bubbles on nails
Comes off on the brush for the top coat
Lots of cuticle drag
Isn't anything like the gel you get from a salon :-)

I purchased two colors and the base coat, so my investment was about the same price as one Shellac mani. The product was rubbery. I purchased a light pink, so it needed 3 coats and because of the thickness, it took a long time to dry.

The manicure lasted 5 days but I was not pleased with the application, overall appearance and product performance.

Will not purchase again.

on 4/19/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought 2 colors but the color I get the compliments on is #170 pink cadillaquer.
I use the #100 top coat also.
I find that this product takes way too long to dry inside the home!
After 2 hours it can still smudge & roll up on the nail & have to be redone!
You have to apply 2 coats & wait for each coat to dry & then also the top coat!
This is a long time out of a day!
It lasts after drying about 4-5 days before it starts to chip some.
Yes the nails do grow well under it & that pleases me but that's all.
The price is too high for the amount of drying time/trouble.
I will not buy this again unless sally Hansen does more research & fixes the dry time etc.
The brush is also in my opinion too large.
Its too easy to glob it on & make a mess.
I will try it in sunlight as I heard that helps the dry time.
That's about it.
Not satisfied overall.

on 4/19/2015 11:13:00 AM

I actually returned it. After wearing it for 2 days, it had already started chipping. I have very thin nails that I keep very short (1 mm past cuticle) and it still chipped faster than anything I've tried in a while. SH Diamond Hard Base and Top Coat with ANY nail color or brand lasts 3x longer.

Real good try, Sally Hansen. Not great, but honestly Iím not really into gel manicures anyway. The rubbery texture of Sally Hansenís Miracle Gel makes it very peel-able and once thereís one chip, you better believe Iím peeling the whole nail off. This definitely has that same texture, but you really have to let it dry for a while because itís pretty thick. Between applying enough coats to make it opaque and not having 15 minutes to sit still, this got junked up before it dried all three times I tried it. I wore it anyway, and the durability was about the same as a regular nail polish. This, however, requires a $10 top coat and the polish itself costs $10. If youíre a risk taker and you really like gel manicures, it may be worth a try. For people who donít like to take $20 risks, I would skip it. The color is very beautiful though and the top coat is very shiny. If youíre looking for a nice shine, just buy the top coat. I tried it and it works just fine over regular polish.

www.AllTheBestBeauty.com

on 4/18/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've had fair to middlin' success with this polish and topcoat. I have gotten up to 5 days with this set which for me is a miracle because I usually get 24 hours out of usual polish and topcoat. However it is not consistent. Sometimes it is only 3 days, sometimes some colors go on more streaky than others but I don't give up on it because I have gotten 5 days out of some applications. I am super anal though so as soon as I see wear on the tips I am changing my color because I hate the worn look so I could maybe get more days if I was more relaxed. The expense turns me off but then I think of my time in the salons and I pony up for another bottle b/c 9 bucks is not that much after all--and so many pretty colors. But most of them are creams which I really like but alot of them are streaky.

I have come to the realization from experience with these cream colors that thin is NOT better. You have to be pretty lavish with the color to avoid streaking. I put a drop of the color on my nail bed and then spread with the brush to avoid some of the severe streaking. With a few of the colors, I liked the look with only one coat of color. Big mistake. Chipped really fast so at least 2 coats seem to be necessary.

Oh btw I sometimes only got 10 days from the gel manicures they would apply for me at salons so I think about that a lot when I am plunking down 9 dollars for a bottle of SH color.

on 4/18/2015 7:41:00 AM

This was recommended by my dental assistant, so I was confident that it was going to be "The one!" It is not. :( The brush and ease of removal are the only good things about this polish - it chipped within two days.

on 4/12/2015 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unbelievable wear time, especially considering I can't go two days without chipping a nail when I use most polishes (OPI, Essie, Deborah Lipmann, etc...and don't get me started on Butter and SpaRitual. They are the worst!! Gorgeous colors but I'm lucky if I can make it 24 hours before they start chipping. And yes, that's when I'm doing my nails "correctly"). This is really the only polish that I don't feel is a complete waste of time and can last a full week without needing to be retouched. As usual, it has the thick Sally Hansen brush that makes the nail polish go on smoothly and makes painting nails quick. It is quick drying and durable. My only criticism is that 1.) I wish there were more unique colors in the line, and 2.) The dark colors require 2 coats to look perfect but the pale ones tend to be require MULTIPLE coats in order not to look streaky. Still, though, that's a small price to pay for nail color you get sick of looking at before it has a chance to chip. "Miracle" is definitely an accurate superlative!!

on 4/12/2015 3:30:00 PM

I'm pretty impressed with this nail polish. I didn't buy the top coat to go with it, but just used the polish itself. Normally long wear polishes will chip ever so slightly after a few days at the tips, but not this polish. It lasted the whole week with no chips before I started peeling it off myself (a bad habit of mine). I bought it in birthday suit (a very light tan/beige) that makes a really good neutral color. I also have it in a medium pink color, but I'm not sure of the name as I haven't tried it out yet. I will definitely buy more since it's worth the $10 price tag IMO.

on 4/9/2015 4:53:00 PM

I am still on the fence about this product. First time I applied it, it looked gummy and streaky with 2 coats and even after drying was 'smudging'. So I took that off and started over, applying thinner coats. It took 3 coats to look nice. I chose the lightest pink, almost white, so maybe that is the issue? IDK. Did my toes too and they look like something my grand-daughter could have done. Maybe I will try it with a basecoat and see if I get better results. As far as longevity...we'll see as I haven't even figured out how to apply the polish, other than very thin/multiple coats, to make it look nice...Jury is still out...