Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.3

on 8/27/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

There seems to be a wide range of quality differences in this porduct obviously. I bought one colour (Birthday Suit) and the top coat and have to say this polish is almost perfect. It isn't too thick at all, is easily applied, dries within 2 minutes and I can put the next layer on. Two are enough, if you want a more intensive colour you might take three layers.
After only 5 minutes I could put on the topcoat, easily again, no bubbles, just very nice and shiny. Also that one dried completly within ten minutes. Also no bubbles or problems the next day.

I have this on my nails now for 7 days already and there is no chipping, it is still very shiny and looking great.
So, no idea how others experienced such bad things like no drying in ages, bubbling and so on. I really can just imagine that quality differs greatly from one bottle to the next? I have experienced none of the bad things and think this is a great polish.

on 8/27/2015 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like the gel polish I had no air bubbles the polish lasted about a week on my short nails but last a little longer on my longer nails. the polish dried fast and once it dried i applied the final step. I had a very hard time trying to choose a color for my nails. I love orange but didn;t like the look of it. I just don't know what color to chose next. I love color nails but i just couldn't chose one so i went with red. The polish is not bad at all i think next time I'll do 3 coats on my short nail and see how that works. I"l be sure to let you know.

on 8/27/2015 6:45:00 AM

I have this in Street Flair (to me it is a taupe-y dusty purple) and Birthday Suit (a very basic nude). I like both. Both apply very evenly and cleanly, no issues, three strokes on each nail, done. I can get by with one coat and have the colors look nice, but I prefer 2 coats. These wear very well for me, I get a good 4 to 5 days before any remote barely noticeable chipping occurs. Takes a good 10 days before it starts to look like it is getting time to do the nails again/remove the polish. I have even gotten up a good 2 weeks out of these.

If you are not a fan of going to the salon (for me, I prefer to do my nails at home), this is a great alternative to the gel polish trend from the salons. Of course wear time will likely be different on different people, especially depending on how much you use your hands and whatnot, and some may very well get more wear time out of gel polish manicures from the salon. But for me, I get just as long and even longer/better wear using these shades as I do from salon ones.

I would love to try more shades but my nail polish collection is already overgrown. But would definitely repurchase and if I ever get to weeding out my nail polish collection, I will definitely be adding more of these!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love the connivence of not having to use a UV gel lamp while still getting the benefits of gel polish. It lasts about 2 weeks and I have yet to experience any chipping. I will add that I am crazy clean about constantly washing my hands, so this polish has been up to my standards. The only thing is I'm not too fond of the color varieties so I only use the top coat over my preferred polishes.

on 8/17/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Let me start by saying that I initially thought this was a really nice product until a day into wearing it. I bought 6 bottles because they were on sale buy 2 get 1 free, thinking that it would work. I was severely dissapointed. The application wasn't terrible a little thick, but doable, drying time was around average for me. The problems started the next day when I realized there was a large amount of bubbling, like terrible bubbling! To the point that I couldn't wait to take it off. I decided to try another color, thinking that it may have just been the shade I tried. I tried to make sure no bubbles got into the Polish, with no luck. It also cracked really, really badly. I wouldn't buy this again, because of the performance that came after application.

on 8/17/2015 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The product itself is fairly expensive for the quality, unless you purchase it on sale. It goes on streaky and I find the second coat of polish or clear top coat tends to strip or remove some of the under coats and leave streaks. I need to put on at least three or four thin coats to get proper colour and each coat needs to dry for quite a while in between. But the worst part - I purchased B Girl (light blue) and clear top coat a few months ago. In both bottles, the clear plastic stem of the brush started to crack, which caused the bristles to spread out to the side. Eventually, they fell out. I contacted Sally Hansen and they told me they'd mail a new bottle.

on 8/15/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product sucks! I got it in the color birthday suit and it went on patchy....THEN was super goopy and thick (like an old regular nail polish) and on top of that did one of my biggest nail polish pet peeves which is NEVER FULLY DRYING!!!!!!!!! So, if you touch something after an HOUR of applying it, it smudges. On top of that, thos stuff ain't cheap!!!! Definitely returning.

on 8/11/2015 1:53:00 AM

So I used this and I let it dry for an hour and I decided to unload the dish washer but it totally got ruined. So I thought well maybe I'll try it again tomorrow and let it dry for longer. Yeah well that didn't work either. I also hate the brushes. This cost me 10 bucks and it's down the drain I have an almost full bottle that I will never use. DONT BUY IT. (Sally Hansen top coat is great though)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Today's my first day trying this. I have the color "Birthday suit." Like some other reviewer said some spots of the color "sink in." And it looks very inconsistent like you used the cheapest polish ever. Maybe it's only this color.

I cannot keep regular nail polish on my fingers for more than 3 days or so without becoming a chippy mess. I have tired all kinds of different base coats and top coats but nothing seems to work. I discovered both Vinylux and SH Miracle Gel and I love both products. I will usually get at least 7 days of chip free wear unless I am doing something major (swimming, moving, etc). I do get some tip wear at around a week so I usually change polish around then so not sure how long it would actually go. These polishes have made my life so much easier. Soak off gel polishes were taking up too much of my time with the soak off process and I don't have time to paint my nails every 2-3 days with regular polish. These polishes dry super quick (especially if you can get outside in the natural light) and they seem to add some strength to my nails as well. I have not had any issues with staining despite no base coat except for one of the SH Miracle Gel Colors (Game of Chromes). I emailed them and they sent me a $11 coupon. As for the differences between Vinylux and Miracle Gel, I will say they have very different formulas. I prefer the Vinylux formula as it is a bit thinner and easier to work with; however, Miracle Gel is a bit shinier and plumper. Vinylux has a tendency to show ridges if you have them. That would be my only complaint. But I get about the same wear time out of both them. And both top coats are great to use over regular nail polish as well. I highly recommend both products.

Popular Polishes