Weleda Ratanhia Toothpaste

4.1

on 4/2/2014 10:37:00 AM

Nice taste. No chemicals. Cleans teeth well.
Only downside is the pink colour shows every tiny amount in the sink and it's a bit pricey for the amount you get.

on 3/13/2010 1:58:00 PM

"The astringent properties of organic ratanhia and the gently effective disinfectant in our soothing myrrh extracts are proven healthcare secrets from ancient cultures that naturally clean and tone your modern mouth. Your gums feel invigorated and toned and your smile sparkles from the natural cleansing power of calcium. Strong gums protect the healthy teeth in your beautiful smile."

Ingredients (INCI)
Water (Aqua), Calcium Carbonate, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Alcohol, Krameria Triandra (Ratanhia) Root Extract, Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Limonene*.
* from natural essential oils
Pros: cleans well, does not make me gag like regular toothpaste, supposedly beneficial for gums.
Cons: Pink colour makes sink hard to clean, expensive for size of tube.

on 11/5/2008 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am really enjoying using this toothpaste, which is now called Ratanhia Toothpaste. I have been looking for a toothpaste without SLS. Like one of the previous reviewers, I'm not a huge fan of a foam and foam does not mean something cleans better. Besides if I don't want to use SLS on my skin and hair, I really don't want it in my mouth. This toothpaste has a very slight minty taste and is a deep dusty pink colour. It leaves my mouth and teeth feeling super clean. My sensitive gums have improved so much after using this for about a month. One lippie off because its a lot more expensive than regular toothpaste, but I think its worth it.

on 4/25/2007 2:53:00 PM

I love this paste (I suppose it is the Ratanhia Toothpaste - I don't know any other pink Weleda toothpaste). I hate common toothpastes - I'm a strange person and hate what other people usually like, that is the foam and the strong mint flavor. A mouth full of foam makes me wanna gag, not mentioning the evil chemicals - I don't even use body washing products with SLS (I have dry skin and SLS makes it even drier), why would I put it in my mouth? Common toothpastes are loaded with lots of menthol (to mask the taste of the chemicals, maybe?), burning my precious taste buds and olfactory cells, the pink toothpaste is mildly flavored, but still fresh.

on 5/23/2006 4:11:00 PM

This toothpaste didn't do all that much for me. I wouldn't mind the lack of bubbles or a less minty taste, but my mouth just didn't feel all that clean afterward.

on 1/21/2006 1:44:00 PM

A natural fluoride free calcium based toothpaste..it contains oils of peppermint, myrrh, spearmint and fennel. It cleans teeth nicely enough but it is not minty enough for my taste. According to their website this toothpaste is popular with children--which probably accounts for the subdued mint taste. This toothpaste also does not produce lather which is another quality about it that I do not like. If a strong minty taste and lathering qualities are not important to you--then I would recommend this product.

on 9/14/2005 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very nice toothpaste, definitely one of the best in terms of natural formula, very mild and gentle. I used this when my teeth were very sensitive from bleaching and it does not irritate the teeth or gums at all. These days I prefer a mintier toothpaste but this would be a great one to use for kids and those with sensitivity.

on 2/19/2005 12:32:00 AM

This toothpaste really does a good job cleaning my teeth and is so refreshing, super pepperminty. Doesn't lather up like regular toothpaste and is about twice the price for half the amount of the regular stuff.

on 2/2/2005 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My gums used to bleed alot bec.of the sensitivity to some strong chemically toothpaste,this toothpaste is so natural and feels really good when im brushing my teeth and my gums stop bleeding,i don't see blood anymore for almost a week.Good product,highly recommended

on 12/26/2004 12:01:00 PM

This is a great alternative for others who breakout around the mouth area when using toothpaste that includes flouride. The flavor is great and it's all natural. I happen to have the Pink Toothpaste with Ratahnia. I always stock up on this one! Leaves your mouth feeling really clean.

Popular Other Products