February 1, 2015 | 1819 users online

Other - Vicks Vapor Rub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2015 8:28:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This has been a staple in my home for as long as I can remember.
My Nana used to slather it on our chests when we were sick or put a small amount under our noses for bed.
I still use it every single night! I go crazy and cannot sleep without it.

It is a great multi-purpose product. I use on my chest and neck when sick. On the feet covered with socks when someone has a cough. On my temples and neck for headaches and stress. On the tummy for belly aches or cramps. On minor aches and pains.
Works great on the feet to soften and also works very well to rid feet or nails of fungus.
Absolutely love Vicks. Oh how I wish there was a body wash. I would use it everynight before bed lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2015 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, somehow I ran across these reviews for Vicks Vaporub on here, so i just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents! I have a lot of neck and shoulder pain, sometimes leading to headaches, and I've found this is really soothing for me. I massage a little onto the back and sides of my neck and it helps relieve the discomfort. It doesn't replace pain relievers such as ibuprofen or prescriptions, but it gives me some immediate and lasting relief while the medication begins working. I rely on it so much that I even keep some Vicks at work (actually I'm 'thrifty' and use the store brand). If I'm going to be around others while using this, I apply the ointment and then use a spread-out tissue to blot the excess off so it doesn't smell as strong! I also sometimes use this for minor cuts and scrapes. The only reason I rated the packaging a 3 is that a tube would be more sanitary than the jar. This product is a must-have for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i can't STAND the smell of this - and people swear by it and I suppose it does work for some, but it burns my nose, throat and eyes.

Yech!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by NatachaXoxo

LOVE THIS STUFF!!...not only for its actual use BUT for 2 unusual uses too:

1. Rub Vicks on your (or your children's) feet when u have a cough, to stop coughing at night &

2. For a CYSTIC PIMPLE!... It's the only thing I have found that has ever gotten rid of those swollen, painful under the skin pimples!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

Nothing, but nothing will open up your nose during a cold than this (swipe under nose). It is also great for a chest cold. Rub it on chest and place a hanky over it, then a heating pad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just to extoll another virtue of Vicks...I had a mild fungus on my toenails. (C'mon girls it can happen to anyone) I lost four yes four toenails!! In the summer!!! I have been very embarrassed....I did some research and the ingredients in Vicks are EXTREMELY effective against fungus. I have put this on my feet every night for the past two weeks and the white fungus is GONE! My toenails are growing back already!!! I wouldn't have believed it if it wasn't 100% true. My doctor is going to be surprised because when he checked them about a month ago, he said treatment for this problem is very difficult and ineffective. Well, sorry but he was wrong. I know this is not the most fun subject but it happens even to us girls. Try it! You can buy the generic brand with the same ingredients at the dollar store.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ariboogarcia

Vicks is the best thing that happened to my skin. It got rid of my stretch marks and faded my dark spots and bruises. It's good for more than colds and coughs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Awesomeangelface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have had athsma my whole life and one thing i cant live without is my vicks vapor rub. it is so relieving to be able to breath again. this stuff works wonders. i will pass it on to my children

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ClaudieCat

This stuff is amazing!! The best thing in the world. It's my go to for everything! It's great for cramps, headaches, pain, belly aches, cold sores, ingrown toenail, etc. My grandmother has been using it since she can remember & so has my mother & me. Just trust me when I say this thing works on everything.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is fab for fungal nail. I went to the doctors and they gave me some paint on fungal treatment with emery boards. Unfortunately, it was difficult and messy and ran out quickly, and most days I couldn't be bothered with going through the difficult process.

I read somewhere that vaporub was good for this, and can vouch for it! I bought a jar and it is much easier and cheaper to slather on your nails than a time consuming polish. since beginning treatment I have seen a huge improvement in my nails. I'd recommend to anyone! (oh and it helped clear my athlete's foot up too. Not bad ;))

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No