Vicks Vapor Rub

4.7

Active Ingredients: Camphor (4.8%), Eucalyptus oil (1.2%), Menthol (2.6%) Inactive Ingredients: Cedar Leaf Oil, Nutmeg Oil, Special Petrolatum, Thymol, Turpentine Oil

on 4/26/2015 2:16:00 PM

This is one of those products that I will always have around and will always love, full stop.
See, I grew up quite sickly and asthmatic, so my parents have been using it on me ever since I can remember. The scent/smell can be polarizing, but I personally love it because it soothes me and calms me down.
I use it for:
1. Aromatherapy/stress relief- I just take a whiff of it to calm me down.
2. Headache relief- I dab a bit on my temples.
3. Colds/fever- I do the usual (rub some on my chest, back, throat), & then slather the soles of my feet with it & then put on socks before going to bed. I always feel tons better the day after!
4. Zits/insect bites- I dab a bit on the affected spots & it helps tone down the swelling/redness.
5. To avoid icky smells- I dab a teeny bit under my nostrils.
6. Stretch marks- I massage some in the stretch marks at the backs of my legs and I swear it helped make them lighter.
I bet there are loads more uses for this that I haven't even discovered, it's that versatile! Bottom line is, every home needs this. Go get one (or five) now!

on 3/14/2015 10:10:00 PM

Bear with me folks. This IS an unusual review. I combine Vicks with Abolene and use a stomach rap and honestly swear that it works. I see a difference and, most importantly, can measure one. try it. Trust me

on 1/18/2015 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This has been a staple in my home for as long as I can remember.
My Nana used to slather it on our chests when we were sick or put a small amount under our noses for bed.
I still use it every single night! I go crazy and cannot sleep without it.

It is a great multi-purpose product. I use on my chest and neck when sick. On the feet covered with socks when someone has a cough. On my temples and neck for headaches and stress. On the tummy for belly aches or cramps. On minor aches and pains.
Works great on the feet to soften and also works very well to rid feet or nails of fungus.
Absolutely love Vicks. Oh how I wish there was a body wash. I would use it everynight before bed lol

on 1/7/2015 5:21:00 PM

Well, somehow I ran across these reviews for Vicks Vaporub on here, so i just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents! I have a lot of neck and shoulder pain, sometimes leading to headaches, and I've found this is really soothing for me. I massage a little onto the back and sides of my neck and it helps relieve the discomfort. It doesn't replace pain relievers such as ibuprofen or prescriptions, but it gives me some immediate and lasting relief while the medication begins working. I rely on it so much that I even keep some Vicks at work (actually I'm 'thrifty' and use the store brand). If I'm going to be around others while using this, I apply the ointment and then use a spread-out tissue to blot the excess off so it doesn't smell as strong! I also sometimes use this for minor cuts and scrapes. The only reason I rated the packaging a 3 is that a tube would be more sanitary than the jar. This product is a must-have for me!

on 9/22/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

i can't STAND the smell of this - and people swear by it and I suppose it does work for some, but it burns my nose, throat and eyes.

Yech!

on 9/2/2014 11:31:00 PM

LOVE THIS STUFF!!...not only for its actual use BUT for 2 unusual uses too:

1. Rub Vicks on your (or your children's) feet when u have a cough, to stop coughing at night &

2. For a CYSTIC PIMPLE!... It's the only thing I have found that has ever gotten rid of those swollen, painful under the skin pimples!

on 8/21/2014 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nothing, but nothing will open up your nose during a cold than this (swipe under nose). It is also great for a chest cold. Rub it on chest and place a hanky over it, then a heating pad.

on 7/14/2014 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Just to extoll another virtue of Vicks...I had a mild fungus on my toenails. (C'mon girls it can happen to anyone) I lost four yes four toenails!! In the summer!!! I have been very embarrassed....I did some research and the ingredients in Vicks are EXTREMELY effective against fungus. I have put this on my feet every night for the past two weeks and the white fungus is GONE! My toenails are growing back already!!! I wouldn't have believed it if it wasn't 100% true. My doctor is going to be surprised because when he checked them about a month ago, he said treatment for this problem is very difficult and ineffective. Well, sorry but he was wrong. I know this is not the most fun subject but it happens even to us girls. Try it! You can buy the generic brand with the same ingredients at the dollar store.

on 7/14/2014 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Vicks is the best thing that happened to my skin. It got rid of my stretch marks and faded my dark spots and bruises. It's good for more than colds and coughs.

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

i have had athsma my whole life and one thing i cant live without is my vicks vapor rub. it is so relieving to be able to breath again. this stuff works wonders. i will pass it on to my children

Popular Other Products