December 22, 2014 | 1855 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm happy with this mascara...It doesn't give the super lenght look I am trying to achieve. But it does separate and give my lashes nice volume. After multiple coats, my lashes didn't clump. It didn't flake and was easy to remove despite it being waterproof. I will continue to look for a drugstore mascara that is my HG...something that does it all...is waterproof, lengthens, holds curl and slightly volumizes all without looking like a clumpy, goopy mess. In the meantime though...I will buy again if I need a decent, inexpensive mascara in a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by nefertina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been loving this mascara for the past few months. The formula is perfect in my opinion, as it's not too wet and not too dry, right in the middle. Really holds a curl and adds volume and length. Only beef I have with this mascara is how my bottom lashes will smudge a little throughout the day. Overall, a great mascara and the voluminous line is great!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Leelee312

I have oily, monolids,in addition, to short straight lashes. I want to point out how much I dislike waterproof mascaras. It dries out your lashes and it needs makeup remover for it to breakdown. I've used Dior waterproof, Chanel and that fiber lash extension mascara by too faced. Loreal voluminous waterproof mascara is a steal and it trumped the other competing brands.I dust translucent powder between each layer (2 max) .over 8 hours of wear, the curls stayed and no smudges! I was shocked. I want to say it was the combo of powder and cooler weather that helped. The con is that it's hard to take off the mascara. I hate rubbing my eyes so If you're planning to wear this, be aware that it'll take extra time and patience. I wear this everyday. I love the staying power. Sometimes it smudges but very, very little but the curls stay so it's worth it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by nialing

I have very oily lids, and this mascara is definitely great to add volume and length. But it tends to smudge a little throughout the day, not the best but not the worst.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by missceelei

I've a lot of good things about this mascara and wanted to try it out for myself. When used it for the first time, it gave a decent amount of volume to. However, I have straight Asian lashes that normally require curling and a waterproof mascara to keep it curled. This mascara, despite being waterproof, did not do the trick. My curl dropped about 50% within half an hour. I continued to use it occasionally and found that it actually gave a lot of length to my lashes which a lot of volume mascaras usually don't. I was impressed and continued to use it, but in the end the mascara was too clumpy, flaky, and a lot more work than my usual covergirl lashblast was. Due to the flakiness, I won't be repurchasing. In short -- PROS: decent volume and loved the length it gave. CONS: doesn't hold a curl at all, clumpy, and super flaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara really works for me. I originally tried the Voluminous waterproof in carbon black. the formula on that one was a lot thicker and made my lashes thicker and longer. However it was too wet on initial application and would always be a complete smudge mess within 3-4hours. Didn't like it and went on to try other new releases. I recently ran out and decided to pick this one up. This is the regular waterproof version( not carbon black) and I must say this is my new HG. That's right. I have straight sparse asian lashes and I find this mascara in waterproof works great at separating every lash as well as give it volume and length. For me, even at two coats I don't get any clumping. I find the formula to not be too wet at all making it perfect. Also doesnt smudge on me and I have oily skin so that's amazing. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by deluxeccf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Me: straight but long lashes. I always use waterproof mascaras to hold a curl. This mascara is on the cheaper end of L'oreal mascaras (around $5-6 as opposed to others which are around $8-9+). I just can't with this. I tried to give it so many tries but it flakes so badly. I have never experienced so much flaking in my life. All over the sides of my face, on my cheeks, on my upper lip. All due to this mascara. Save your $$ and get Maybelline Volume Express The Falsies in the purple tube which IMO provides a lot more volume and length.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by 4lafleur

This mascara does not clump! It really separates my lashes, and is not that hard to remove with my eye makeup remover. I would buy again because it does not make me have spider looking lashes and the curl lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

When I first applied this mascara, I could see right away the volume and length that it gave my lashes, which was great. But about thirty seconds later, my eyelashes had drooped down. No biggy, the mascara didn't hold a curl for me to save my life, but my lashes still looked thick and super long. Then . . . about half an hour later, I glanced in the mirror and saw that the entire bottom lid of my eyes were black. Maybe it was because of my stick straight lashes or my oily lids, but I've had other mascaras that I do better with. Also, the formula seemed to have dried up rather quick after a month-ish.

If you have decent length lashes that aren't too sparse and don't have a tendency to smudge mascara, this will work wonders (as I have seen on other girls).

If you have short, downward pointing stubborn straight eyelashes that requires strategic curling from the eyelash curler and oily lids, I would probably pass on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For years this has been my every day mascara. I use brown/black because my lashes are light and day wear.
Never find lash marks on my brow bone or below eyes. It's definitely cry proof, oily lid proof, allergy tearing proof. I change mascara every 3 months for hygiene and to avoid product drying out. Due to this, price is great, never any clumping, always fresh.
Can't do without!