L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This review is for the brown black waterproof formula. I tried this mascara out for the waterproof claim and based on a recommendation I read from an underwater model. This stuff works! It stays on even in the shower and after rubbing my eyes (by accident). It doesn't smudge or run and I have very oily skin. It's not really volumizing, but it does lengthen my lashes. It gives a more natural look and is a drier formula that doesn't clump. Love the brush. This is now my HG waterproof/summer mascara.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I stopped buying Lancome's Difinicils ,after using it for over 10+ years, after trying out this mascara in Black Brown. Loved that it didn't smudge or slide down my face halfway though the day due to my oily lids. I once watched a really sad film and cried through most of it completely forgetting that I had makeup on. After the film I panicked and checked in the mirror only to see that the mascara had not smudged or budged at all! It was amazing! This stuff lasts through my oily skin, hot days, sunscreen use and crying! Amazing just for those things alone! The color Black Brown is my favorite as it's not too harsh looking for my pale skin. Sadly, I discovered in early 2014 after buying a new tube that it burned and dried my eyes out terribly. By the end of the day my eyes would hurt and feel semi parched and it was rather uncomfortable. I assumed that they'd changed something in the product and I didn't bother to ever repurchase. I now use Maybelline's The Falsies Volum Express Waterproof in Black Brown and it works really well. I realize that L'Oreal owns Maybelline, and Lancome for that matter, so I'm confused as to why one product is burning my eyes and the other two are not. Hopefully L'Oreal will hear consumers complaints and fix the problem.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the look it gives my eyelashes, but unfortunately this stuff is not waterproof. The wand looks like its clumped up with product, but it still manages to make my eyelashes look really nice and defined yet natural. It's been 4 months since I purchased it and unfortunately maybe a little over a month ago I started noticing that on days where I would apply it in the morning, sometime in the evening my eyes would start getting really irritated. Not sure if it's the mascara flaking, but this definitely happens to my eyes at least 70% of the times I use it. I grab a tissue to blot off the insane amount of tears I get and end up with the worst smudges under my eyes.

I don't know how but this mascara manages to smudge constantly. It's impossible to put on without it getting allover the place, and it especially loves to get stuck to my contacts even hours after applying it. I don't think I've ever had so many problems with a mascara.

I think this is the mascara that started it all. This mascara from L'Oreal has been around over 20 years and in my opinion remains the standard for volume. The product is on the wet side as is many L'Oreal mascaras. The brush or applicator is not too big or too small in my opinion. This mascara lasts all day , it can hold a curl and does not flake. It also does not irritate me at all. It gives volume and you can build layers of mascara as always I purchase the waterproof kind. I do like this as a go to every day mascara or a mascara for beginners . It is affordable and available almost anywhere. I would like to try the one with the curved brush as well.

This is one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried. For a waterproof mascara, it is not waterproof at all. At the end of the day I would have dark blotchy marks on my undereye from mascara melting or transferring to my face. It was not cute.

I also was not impressed by the volumizing effect and felt it really didn't do much for my eyelashes. There is a ridiculous amount of flaking that I would have to clean up upon application as well. I thought that the flaking was due to the fact that the mascara was brand new, but after two weeks of use it was still messy to apply. I would love to find a great drugstore makeup at this price point but this is NOT it for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Not the best mascara I've ever used, but it does add much needed length to my lashes and a slight bit of volume. Not enough volume to be labeled "voluminous" but I digress. It doesn't smudge or flake on me and I accidentally went to sleep with it on once. Overall, it's a great mascara, it's only $6 or $7 and it stays on good. Unless I find another mascara I like better, I'll keep on buying this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Ugh. As to why I strayed from tubing mascaras to give traditional waterproof formulas a chance again is beyond me.

This mascara smudged on me (which is totally expected given my oily skin). The volume and length were nothing special. And to make matters worse - the formula irritated my sensitive eyes. It is a pretty dry formula once it FINALLY sets. The irritation oddly enough feels very similar to chronic dry eyes. Obviously I don't apply this to my eyeballs......but the lashes are close enough to have an effect.

This mascara was just decent, at best. I would not repurchase it.

Not one of the worst mascaras, but not one of the best either. I found this product to be fairly dry and hard to apply without accidentally flicking mascara from the wand all over my face. It was also very thick and left my lashes looking a little clumpy and glued together if I didnít comb them afterwards.

Despite this being waterproof, I found that it smudged a little by the end of my work day. It wasnít too hard to remove with a 2-phase remover, and I didnít lose many eyelashes as I seem to always do with other waterproof mascaras. This was too much work to use daily though, from cleaning up my face each time to combing my lashes thoroughly, I donít think this is worth the bother.

I love L'Oreal mascaras , But this one not so much. It worked for me years ago, but now it flakes so badly. Not sure if they have revamped the formula?have long lashes, but they are sparse. Like the volume it provides but an hour later raccoon city. There are better mascaras from this brand. I so mis the waterproof Panoramic Curl.

Popular Mascaras