October 24, 2014 | 1852 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Excess Volume

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by susanv3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like many, I am ever in search of my perfect mascara--I have used other Max Factor mascaras in the past, and have liked them enough to try out their newest launch...

I was very disappointed--I used both steps as directed--the result was very underwhelming. If i was in search of a very natural "light" look, this would fit the bill, however as the name implies, I wanted lots of volume. After several coats, it was barely noticeable, and on top, the packaging is huge, taking up lots of space--not a deal breaker, but not a plus either. On the whole, will not be purchasing again as there are lots of other volume mascaras out there that do a better job at a better price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by wrayjj

A lot of minuses with this product unfortunately.
I have used Max Factor mascaras in the past, having loved the results. With this particular product however, I am very disappointed. I have been careful to apply correctly and have followed instructions during application. I have applied this product on seven different occasions, and each time is as bad as the last.

The first coat - excess volume - shows promise. When I applied it I felt as though my lashes appeared lengthened and separate. This particular formula however is not sufficient as a stand alone. It certainly created length, however no volume. The second coat - extreme impact - was a disaster.
1. There is an extremely thin line from "just enough" to excess-all-of-my-lashes-are-totally-clumped-together, with virtually nothing in between.
2. This step definitely creates the spider-leg look.
3. The most disappointing aspect was trying to take this product off! The excess volume formula comes off easily as a stand-alone, however, the extreme impact formula is virtually impossible to remove. I tried make-up remover wipes, eye-make up remover (oil formula) with cotton buds, hot water with face wash, and all in combination. Nothing worked. I would go to sleep with mascara still clumped to my eyelashes and wake up with it entrenched in the skin under my eyes. This make application the next day even more difficult because I did not have a clean base to work with. A significant amount of eye lashes would be lost in this process.

Not a happy camper with this one, that's for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Natskyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Having used Max Factor mascaras before and adoring them to bits, I was super excited to see this one on the shelves. Doesn't clump and, though a volumising mascara, gives beautiful length to my scrawny lashes. My only problem is that it is massive and takes up a considerable amount of space in my already busting-at-the-seams makeup bag. And though not exactly cheap, considering the quality makes it incredibly worth it. Lasts all day and has yet to smudge all over my face, so I'ma definitely keep using it and giving it my ultimate praise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by MyMakeupPerspective

See my YouTube video for my First Impression & Review of this mascara!