August 23, 2014 | 1381 users online

Hair Color - John Frieda - Colour Refreshing Gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by orthoRN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to add a review because this did *exactly* what I wanted it to. I used it with realistic expectations. It's not "hair color"...it really is just a color refreshing gloss. I can actually say this is the product I have imagined in my mind that I would love to find but never had, the closest I got was Jazzing color, which I would sometimes mix into conditioner and just use it like a gloss. I got the one for "cool brunettes". I am 44, have salt and pepper medium brown hair with quite a bit of grey mixed in, and I am lazy about coloring, so I usually just do a semi/demi (?) color, the kind that fade in 28 days supposedly. And I only do that every few months, so that's why I say I'm lazy. I don't care if my grey's show. My hair tends to go very brassy which I HATE, and I really prefer a cool espresso but lighter color. I followed the directions exactly except I left it in about 7 or 8 minutes because I was shaving my legs. My hair now looks "toned" as in, the brassy red tone is way subdued, and the color just looks a bit cooler and fresher, and it did add a decent amount of shine. I am really happy with it, and as long as you have a realistic expectation, I think most people would really like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by goodie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It works. I won't say it's the HG, but I will say it did what it said it would do. Tone down the brassy? Yes. Leave a little extra shine? Yes. I've used it once, it's only been a few days and so far, I believe it's a winner. I will continue to use it and see how it holds up after repeated uses. My hair was bordering on orange at the ends and that is all gone! It's very nice. Good luck if u decide to try it! Just remember: be prepared to ventilate the area u use it in and u will b smelling the scent in your hair for at least 24 hours afterwards!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this two times (one time each week) and I didn't see any difference in gloss or shine in the 2 weeks I've used it. I can't attest as to whether it restores color as it begins to fade since I've only used it twice, however I purchased it because it said "colour refreshing GLOSS" and I was looking for that aspect of it. I will finish the bottle without further expectations, and will look for something else that promises a glossy finish to my hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Not that impressed. It helps with some fading but I wouldn't pay for this stuff again. It doesn't last very long and it's pricey. The reason I wouldn't buy this again is because I dye my hair every 4-5 weeks and this didn't make much of a difference in how it held the color.

For $15 it's a waste for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Trilbynyc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It's super-easy to use and the cool brown leaves a gorgeous color on my too-brassy, fragile, dyed blonde hair. It tones down the brassiness and doesn't make it too dark. When dry, my hair feels silky and, so far, seems to be resisting all the lovely humidity in the air.

I leave it on more like 10 minutes, although the directions say 3. It covers roots like a boss. I'm thinking of letting my natural pepper-and-salt color grow in while I continue to use Gloss, as home dying is frying my hair badly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Songbird222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have burgundy colored hair, and recently purchased this product for cool reds to keep my color vibrant. For all of you with colored red hair, you know how quickly it fades. This product is fantastic. It's so easy to use - I love the ability to apply in-shower. It does turn your hands pink, but just follow the directions and wash it off with soap after application. This is just what I've been looking for to counteract color fading!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Of course I saw the ads in various glossy mags and decided I must try this. I got the one for warm browns. My hair is down to the middle of my back so because I need more product per use I will get fewer uses of this. I think this does give a very subtle boost to my hair.........but I think it smells bad (maybe that won't bother you). My biggest complaint with this product is that it is VERY hard to rinse out of hair. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed but my hair felt kind of odd afterwards. I am not sure that I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by MegsSister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this for warm browns a few times, and I don't find that it's having much effect. And like all of his products, this one is over-fragranced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing the Warm Reds Formula. I'm very happy with this product. It took me a while to find it. Most places only stocked the Cool Reds Formula, which is odd because most red hair is warm. I finally tracked it down at Meijer. In fact, I got the last bottle!

The bottle says this is for in shower use, but I applied it out of the shower in front of a mirror on damp freshly washed hair. The directions recommended applying 3-5 quarter size squirts throughout the entire head of hair and leaving it on for a least 3 minutes. I applied the full five squirts and left the formula on for a full 10 minutes. I used an egg timer to time it. After the 10 minutes were up, I rinsed well and styled as usual.

Here are some tips: 1. Make sure you wash your hands really well both after applying the formula and after rinsing it out, because this stuff stains. 2. Expect your hair to have a funny texture when you are rinsing out the formula. Once you dry your hair, it will be perfectly normal and shiny. 3. Be realistic. This will boost your color a bit. It's a color maintenance product not a dye. If you're hair is super faded and you have an inch of regrowth, you need to color your hair. Nuf said.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My natural strawberry blonde hair has started fading, which is what happens to us lighter reds as we pass our 20s. I contemplated henna (I bought a box but haven't used it yet) but saw this on sale so I figured nothing to lose right? I bought the Warm Red for copper hues and it has indeed added just a punch of copper back to my hair. I'm happy with the results since I really didn't want to change my color, only revive it. Will repurchase this till I'm so faded that I really need the henna fix.