December 20, 2014 | 1709 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Smith's Rosebud Salve (tube)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had heard about this cult favorite for years but didn't want to buy it in the pot because then you have to wipe your fingers off each time, which isn't great for "on-the-go" application. So when I saw it was available in a tube, I was excited to finally try it.

It is a thick balm that stays put and provides quite good moisturization. It gives just the slightest hint of light rosy color and sheen. It has a very minimal smell/taste, both of which are pleasant. It comes off cleanly, without leaving white lines, and doesn't feel sticky.

The ingredients are simple and the packaging is pretty and old-fashioned. It's a mid-range price for a balm, and it's especially great for when I'm not feeling well and my lips or even my nose get chapped.

Overall, it's a winner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by valmont32677

I prefer the tin, I guess I am hard core!! But this is a very, very nice lipbalm & moisturized my lips wonderfully. I am a noob to Smiths so I am duly extra impressed esp that I've lived 30 some odd years without it & now I am a self proclaimed addict! Smiths is the best lipbalms out there I've tried without a doubt. The gold standard!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:

The silicones in this, I think, gave me some kind of allergic reaction over time, so I can no longer use these.

END OF UPDATE

I bought three of these in a metal tin, which contains a rose balm, a strawberry scened balm and a mocha balm. I like the strawberry and rose the most. At this point I actually dislike the mocha balm because it smells SOOO strongly. When I opened the tin, the mocha smell had transferred to the other two of the balms and I can still smell the mocha from on the tubes, even a week later - that's how strong the smell is. Otherwise, all of the balms are good - they don't have much colour on the lips at all, they feel very slippery/silicony, but unlike many other very slippery balms, there actually do heal dry lips. I feel these are moisturizing enough even now, in the winter, in -15 deg. Celsius. Luckily, I haven't experienced lower temperatures this winter :P Luckily, Smith's brought out these in tubes - I would probably never by them in pots. I apply these quite often, as they disappear... well, quite fast, but not so fast that I need to reapply more than about 4-6 times a day. The look of them are quite glossy at first, but wears off, as said before. I still think these are great and that they will be very able to heal chapped lips, unless you have [very] dry lips... but even then they might help. I don't know how these would wear in the summer though. Because they are quite liquid, they might melt off :/ Still, I really like them and will give them 5* These also give my lips a healthy look, which my boyfriend actually complemented me on without knowing I used something different than my usual lip product :)