Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tube)

3.3

on 5/14/2015 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is so watery and thin, is it supposed be like that? Doesn't stay on my lips for more than 10 minutes, also find the taste to be disgusting. I usually buy the jack black which I like and I tried this as a change but I'll definitely stick to jack black.

on 4/5/2015 8:39:00 PM

I bought this as sometimes the tin can drive me nuts when it's almost done and the remaining gets under your nails! This gives a nice glow to your lips and is basically Vaseline but rose scented.

on 3/14/2015 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I picked this up while standing in the checkout line at Sephora and I'm glad I did!! I love this so much, I went online and ordered 2 more (1 for my 11 y/o daughter and a spare)! It feels amazing on my lips and the subtle rose scent is rather nice. The shade is perfect, it's like my lips but better. I will keep a few of these around for my daughter and me.

on 2/5/2015 7:56:00 AM

I have this in the tube as I didn’t like the unhygienic aspect of putting my fingers in the tin to apply.

This is an ok lip balm, it doesn’t really do much except sit on top of my lips and smell nice. My lips are very dry and cracked, and this doesn’t really moisturize at all, all it seems to do is form a barrier and trap what little moisture is in my lips already.

I will continue to use up but won’t purchase again.

on 12/7/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had heard about this cult favorite for years but didn't want to buy it in the pot because then you have to wipe your fingers off each time, which isn't great for "on-the-go" application. So when I saw it was available in a tube, I was excited to finally try it.

It is a fairly thick balm which gives just the slightest hint of light rosy color and sheen. It has a very minimal smell/taste, both of which are pleasant. It comes off cleanly, without leaving white lines, and doesn't feel sticky. It also comes off pretty quickly, without providing much of a moisturizing impact. :-/

The ingredients are simple and the packaging is pretty and old-fashioned. Overall, it's fine, but not sure it's worthy of cult status.

on 5/18/2014 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I prefer the tin, I guess I am hard core!! But this is a very, very nice lipbalm & moisturized my lips wonderfully. I am a noob to Smiths so I am duly extra impressed esp that I've lived 30 some odd years without it & now I am a self proclaimed addict! Smiths is the best lipbalms out there I've tried without a doubt. The gold standard!!

on 1/17/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE:

The silicones in this, I think, gave me some kind of allergic reaction over time, so I can no longer use these.

END OF UPDATE

I bought three of these in a metal tin, which contains a rose balm, a strawberry scened balm and a mocha balm. I like the strawberry and rose the most. At this point I actually dislike the mocha balm because it smells SOOO strongly. When I opened the tin, the mocha smell had transferred to the other two of the balms and I can still smell the mocha from on the tubes, even a week later - that's how strong the smell is. Otherwise, all of the balms are good - they don't have much colour on the lips at all, they feel very slippery/silicony, but unlike many other very slippery balms, there actually do heal dry lips. I feel these are moisturizing enough even now, in the winter, in -15 deg. Celsius. Luckily, I haven't experienced lower temperatures this winter :P Luckily, Smith's brought out these in tubes - I would probably never by them in pots. I apply these quite often, as they disappear... well, quite fast, but not so fast that I need to reapply more than about 4-6 times a day. The look of them are quite glossy at first, but wears off, as said before. I still think these are great and that they will be very able to heal chapped lips, unless you have [very] dry lips... but even then they might help. I don't know how these would wear in the summer though. Because they are quite liquid, they might melt off :/ Still, I really like them and will give them 5* These also give my lips a healthy look, which my boyfriend actually complemented me on without knowing I used something different than my usual lip product :)

Popular Lip Treatments