April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Smith's Rosebud Salve (tube)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I bought three of these in a metal tin, which contains a rose balm, a strawberry scened balm and a mocha balm. I like the strawberry and rose the most. At this point I actually dislike the mocha balm because it smells SOOO strongly. When I opened the tin, the mocha smell had transferred to the other two of the balms and I can still smell the mocha from on the tubes, even a week later - that's how strong the smell is. Otherwise, all of the balms are good - they don't have much colour on the lips at all, they feel very slippery/silicony, but unlike many other very slippery balms, there actually do heal dry lips. I feel these are moisturizing enough even now, in the winter, in -15 deg. Celsius. Luckily, I haven't experienced lower temperatures this winter :P Luckily, Smith's brought out these in tubes -I would probably never by them in pots. I apply these quite often, as they disappear... well, quite fast, but not so fast that I need to reapply more than about 4-6 times a day. The look of them are quite glossy at first, but wears off, as said before. I still think these are great and that they will be very able to heal chapped lips, unless you have [very] dry lips... but even then they might help. I don't know how these would wear in the summer though. Because they are quite liquid, they might melt off :/ Still, I really like them and will give them 5* I have sensitive lips, and these don't irritate them at all. These also give my lips a healthy look, which my boyfriend actually complemented me on without knowing I used something different than my usual lip product :)