Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

on 5/28/2015 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Awesomely versatile and high-quality palette <3 not to mention it smells heavenly!

Texture: super smooth, application with any kind of brush (or even fingers) works out. Pigment: colour is true to its pot, what you see is literally what you get. Blendeable and buildable :) I have oily lids, so w/o primer it'd start fading after 5-6 hours, but with primer it pretty much lasts until the day's over.
Colours: mostly warm and natural colours, with a few leaning towards burgandy and purple. One minor complaint would be that there are only a few matte shades, they're mostly shimmery. There are no true black and true white (which I find awesome), 2 large highlight shades goes with any look.
Packaging: definitely sturdy but tend to be a bit heavy to carry around for vacation

Overall: a high-quality palette that has a great selection of complimenting shades to create looks for every occasion. Definitely an everyday-go-to palette for me :)

on 5/27/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to palatte! I love it. You can make any look you want with this. The pigment is spot on. The range of colors is great. The product lasts on the eye from day to night and night to day. They have shimmer colors, mattes, and two great highlights. If you dont have a palatte and are looking to get one, this one is a great place to start!

Texture = Fine and Creamy
Smell = Like Chocolate Heaven
Use = Very Versatile
Wear = Very Long Wearing

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This eyeshadow palette is very pigmented, check out my eyeshadow tutorial using this palette👇

on 5/20/2015 7:21:00 AM

OBSESSED, the smells is amazing. I use it everyday, the pigmentation in most colours are amazing, and the variety of colours are so great! Love love this product

on 5/19/2015 7:27:00 PM

This palette is nice. I like chocolate but I find it odd to apply it on to my face. The concept is unique though. The smell is less intense as you use it more. I like the warm transition color the most and the big pan of light pink shade the least. The light pink looks too frosty on my skin tone. The texture of this is more on the dry side but still pigmented. I also own the semi-sweet pallete and its more softer buttery in texture than this original one while the same pigmentation but with a bit more of a glow to them. I find the semi-sweet to be more blendable. I wish the formula of this was the same as the semi-sweet but its still a nice pallete. With the semi-sweet I feel like you can create more looks with it too so if your thinking about getting this pallete or the semi, go with the semi-sweet one or get both!

on 4/25/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Remember when you were a kid and your family took you out for ice fream and you had a sundae? Remember the smell of the chocolate sauce after you accidentally spilled it on yourself?
That is what this palette smells like: stale spilled chocolate sauce.
It's so imbued with the aroma that I got rid of mine.

The palette itself is very easy to use, good pigmentation, but too warm overall. I really could not make many of the medium brown shades work. Salted caramel and milk chocolate never looked right on me and weren't usable transition shades. Gilded ganache had, like several shades, lots of fall out, end of a work day was a bummer after trying them. Even with really tacky primers like the one Fyrinnae makes.

I found it to be a bit of a let down.

on 4/25/2015 9:24:00 AM

My all time favorite neutrals palette.
I actually didn't think i would like it this much, when i first got it. It doesn't look like anything special to me. But i find myself reaching for it everytime i do my makeup. It has some great mattes, that works with a lot of different looks.
You can pretty much do anything with this palette. From natural everyday looks, to dark smokey eyes, and also browns with a pop of colour.
There are a few shades that i don't care much for though.
Champagne truffle- It looks a little chunky when i use it on my lid, looks great as a highlight tho.
Candied Violet- It isn't very pigmented at all.
Amaretto- Not very pigmented, and also dry feeling.
Gilded Ganache- Well.. I just think it's an ugly colour lol.

But i still think it's perfect. The mattes are amazing, and marzipan is the prettiest shadow ever :-)

on 4/19/2015 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My first and now my favourite eyeshadow palette. I don't even like chocolate yet I LOVE the packaging and the chocolate smell. Love the shades, they are really wearable. I wear them often with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Urban Decay Primer Potion, but the shadows don't last all day - they lose colour after about 6 hours on my lids, and I don't even oily lids. My favourite shades are salted caramel, creme brulee, and marzipan. Comes with a few great highlighting shades as well, and marzipan and champagne truffle are also great on the inner corners. It's pricey, but I have no regrets! I prefer this to the semi-sweet palette.

on 4/18/2015 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have slightly mixed results with this palette, but I love it. It's a mostly neutral palette with matte and shimmery and glittery shadows. Mostly matte and shimmer, fifty-fifty with a few glittery. The purple shadow is glittery. These are very finely powdered and creamy-textured. They smell like milk chocolate. Amazingly so. I don't know how they did that, but it's truly chocolate scented. The eye shadows can look muddy if you don't apply them carefully--some of the colors are mid-beiges and caramels. This is true of brown palettes for me in general--if I don't apply them carefully, I look tired. Even so, I adore this palette and carry it on trips--it's sturdy and looks exactly like a large chocolate bar. I use the Too Face tube primer with these shadows to keep them on.

on 4/15/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this product but I just don't have much luck with it. Everytime I pick up this palette I'm so optimistic about the looks I could create but I'm always dissappointed by how it applies. I use my UD Primer potion underneath but I find the colour crease and transfer within minutes of application. And some of the shades just blend away too easily. If the shades where longer wearing and didn't fade so quickly - I would love this palette. I do love the smell and the shade selection is gorgeous but *sigh* not for me.

Popular Palettes