October 25, 2014 | 1814 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by buckk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am very fond of this palette. After looking at reviews online and being on the edge if I should buy it or not, Kathleenlights' recommendation of the product led me to finally buy it. And I'm so glad I did!

The packaging is kitschy, but I quite like that. The plastic sheet with the names of the eyeshadows is kind of annoying, but unless you're a beauty blogger it shouldn't be a big issue. I thought I wouldn't like the chocolate scent (I don't like sweet perfumes and scents at all), but it's actually really lovely. Smells like real chocolate, and I catch myself sniffing it quite regularly haha.

The shadows are a great variety of neutrals, mainly warm-toned and brown. It has variety though, as includes a light pink (Strawberry BonBon), a glittery purple (Candied Violet) and a shimmery forest green (Gilded Ganache). I don't personally like Strawberry BonBon and Candied Violet very much, but it does provide variety to this palette that you might not see in other neutral palettes.

The pigmentation of the colours is very good, and most of them swatch really smoothly and blend well. Definitely recommend!

Favourite shades so far: Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Creme Brulee, Hazelnut, Cherry Cordal, Milk Chocolate.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by belazarife

As a beginner in the makeup world (Only 1 year in the hunt for makeup), I was looking for a makeup palette that I could use multiple times, but that still gave a new range of neutral shades (Not a fan of colourful eye shadows). I already have the Naked 2 and the Vice, and this palette have EVERYTHING I needed. Nice warm browns, with dupes for soft brown, expresso and all of the really famous MAC basics browns, and a nice (and most importantly wearable) pop of colour with the pinkish and purplish shades. Plus the shadows are super pigmented and smooth. The only shade that kinda have a bad payoff is candied violet, but that can be fixed by applying with your finger. Definitely my new holly grail <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had this palette for about 3ish months now, and I love it!! the matte brown is a dead match for my brows to fill in! The colors are great, and can do tons of great looks with it! I am in love with this bad boy.. the brow highlight color is awesome, and I love the shimmery shades!! they smell like the chocolate soleil bronzer, which is an added benefit. I also love the packaging! it is so cute, and durable! glad I got this palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by diepset1

I cannot say enough good things about this palette. First and foremost, I got it for only $30 on HSN. It is normally around $50! I also received a free tube of Too Faced primer, which was a great deal. I don't like the primer, but this palette is amazing! The packaging is too adorable, which is normal for Too Faced. It looks like a chocolate candy bar and it even smells like it too! There is a mirror and the palette is metal. It is closed with a magnetic seal.The eyeshadows are made of cocoa powder and the colors are gorgeous. Unlike most neutral palettes, this one seems to have a few colors that are not ordinary in a neutral palette. There is the purple shade called Candied Violet and the burgudy/deep red shade that is called Cherry Cordial. When you open the package, they have the film with all of the names of the shades, but I just threw it away. You can always refer to the box for the name or you can go online. I wish they would have he names under the colors like what Urban Decay does, but the most important thing is the eyeshadow.

The quality of the eyeshadows...is just amazing. They are highly pigmented, blendable, smooth...and the most unusual thing is that there is absolutely no fall out. I get fallout with my Naked palette sometimes, so this was a pleasant surprise. I use Wet n Wild's Fergie Take on the Day eyeshadow primer, so that may have something to do with it, but there is no fallout. It also stays on all day with the use of the primer. I have oily Asian lids, so this is great. Ever since I have gotten this unique and versatile palette, I have been ignoring my poor Naked palette lol. What I really like about this palette is how they added in random colors. There are, of course, some colors that are easily duped.

All in all, I actually prefer this over my Naked palette. Another great palette I love is the Revealed 2 palette from Coastal Scents, but the Chocolate Bar palette is my favorite palette EVER. Well done, Too Faced.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by rt7022

Oh Chocolate Bar palette, how I love thee! I splurged one day at Ulta and bought this along with a bunch of other things I didn't need. The colors are fab, and it smells like sweet, sweet heaven. It has some warm tones and some cool tones, so anyone can wear these. I LOVE that one of the two biggest pans is actually the shade that I put all over my lid, so it gets used at an even pace along with the other shades. The other biggest pan is a shimmery light cool pink that looks great on the brow bone, so that works too. I never use the same combo of colors every day. There's just so many colors that look great, so I mix it up to suit my mood each day. Definitely worth the $50! Much more worth it than the Naked palettes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by suzzily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Where to even start raving about this product? It is the most perfect collection of eyeshadows for a neutral palette lover like me with the addition of some extremely wearable pops of colour. A good mix of matte, shimmery and fine-glitter shades. Incredibly buttery, glides on and blends out like a dream, highly, HIGHLY pigmented, smells wonderful (makes me take a sniff every time) and I adore the way the packaging looks. I have noticed that the buttery smooth consistency contributes to the shadows collecting in the eyelid fine lines after a few hours, but a small amount of eyeshadow primer fixed this, no problem. The magnetic closure sometimes opens a little too easily when I pick it up which makes my heart skip a beat but that does not distract me from the quality of this palette. I have literally worn this every time I put on makeup since the day I purchased it and I haven't been reaching for anything else. Loving it. IF I ever run out of this product, I am definitely repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Sizzle0431

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Just starting to get into highend pallets and all the reviews made me buy it. Definetly we'll worth it! I love love love this pallet. Blends amazingly smell wonderful and pigmentation is beautiful. Must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beyond cute packaging! I adore that it looks like a chocolate bar and the best thing is that it smells like one too. All the shades are flattering on my skin tone and have great pigmentation. They glide on easily and feel very soft in texture. The longevity of these eye shadows are pretty impressive whether with an eye primer or not and I have very oily eyelids. I use the highlighting shadows for the corners of my eyes or along my brow. You can get a lot of looks from this palette and I like that there is a big mirror too. It makes it suitable for travel as well. You can create both natural and smokey eye looks easily. I'm so happy I finally got my hands on this as it is always sold out at my local Ulta. It was around fifty bucks plus tax.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by suling2009

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The quality and texture of the shadows are really nice.The matte highlight color seems kind of powdery and doesn't seem to stay on very well. The purple Candied Violet goes on pretty sheer but looks really pretty if applied on top of a purple or blue cream base. Otherwise the other shadows are really pigmented and last all day.

Despite the nice quality of the shadows, to me there is something wanting in the actual shades. It's probably personal preference and also just luck in terms of how the shades interact with my skin tone. The lighter matte brown is too light and just looks bland on me. And the darker matte brown seems little too cool for me. The other neutral shades vary in color. The palette gives a little bit of every color - reddish, bronzey, greenish, purply. But on me they tend to all look the same when I apply on my eyes. I wish that the variations in color would show up more. They all just look dark brown and hard to tell apart. That there are too many browns that are the same darkness. There are only 2 colors that I would consider good medium lid colors - one is pinkish and one is bronzy gold. They are both fine, but don't excite me. The one color that does look especially pretty and makes an impression when applied on my eyes is Salted Caramel which is an orangey matte brown.

Overall, I am glad I have this palette because it is high quality and looks nice. I like Salted Caramel and Candied Violet enough that it is worth having just for those colors. But I don't feel excited by the other colors. I wish for more striking variations. I chose this palette instead of the Naked 1 palette because with the greenish taupe, reddish browns, and purple I thought I would get more variety compared to the naked palette. But I'm not sure I made the right decision. Even though there do seem to be more color variations on first glance, they don't show up on me when applied to the eyes. It might show up better on people with lighter skin. It seems like the Naked palette actually has more striking variations within the palette even if there aren't as many different variations of brown as there are in the chocolate palette. So if you ask if I'd buy again, I'd probably say no and buy the Naked 1 palette instead. Of the 3 naked palettes that one is probably the most comparable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absoluteky beautiful and this is fast becoming a daily staple. Watch out NAKEDs!

The packaging, omg let's talk about how cute it is. I'm a sucker for cute packaging and this baby takes the cake for best and most adorable packaging ever. It looks like a chocolate bar and even the box looks like a candy bar box. And it comes with a mirror, what more can you ask for. Only fall back is that it feels quite flimsy so I'd have to be careful when I'm travelling with it.

It smells delicious, like real chocolate. And it's made of natural ingredients including cocoa powder and other stuff. And I've read an article on how the antioxidant in cocoa plants/chocolate is good for health and all that jazz.

All the shadows are crazy pigmented (except for Starwberry Bon Bon and Candied Violet) and buttery. They last all day with primer and the colours pop even more with a sticky base.

Gilded Ginache : a dark bronze with a green tinge, metallic.
White Chocolate: creamy off-white; matte.
Milk Chocolate: light ash brown; matte.
Black Forest Truffle: dark plummy brown; frost.
Triple Fudge: dark cool brown; matte.
Salted Caramel: warm orangey beige; matte
Marzipan: light golden champagne; frost.
Semi-Sweet: medium bronze; matte.
Strawberry Bon Bon: pale pink; matte.
Candied Violet: smokey lavender; shimmer.
Amaretto: medium dark copper; metallic.
Hazelnut: dark warm bronze; metallic.
Creme Brulee: dark dirty gold; metallic.
Haute Chocolate: medium taupey brown; frost.
Cherry Cordial: dark burgundy; satin
Champagne Truffle: pale champagne pink; shimmer.

They complement each other so well and blend so easily. Also, there are SIX mattes and one satin, which is not half bad. If you're someone who can't live without awesome quality matte, get this instead of NAKED palettes. There's lots of metallic shadows as well and I'm loving that so yeah.

My standout shades are Gilded Ginache, White Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Amaretto, and Cherry Cordial.
This is fast becoming another one of my HG palettes

Get it because it's so worth it <3