April 19, 2014 | 1557 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by aurora0917

PROS:
-Cute packaging! Looks AND smells like an actual chocolate bar. It's difficult to resist biting into this palette.
-Great variation of browns and neutrals.
-Great variation of shimmers, mattes, and satins.
-Great value for 16 different shades.
-Decent pigmentation on most shades.

CONS:
-Staying power and blendability. Looks great when I initially put it on, but it fades and creases as the day goes on.
-I've experienced difficulty with blending some of the shades. Maybe it's due to the similarity of tones and hues, but I tend to end up with one mushed up color on my lids by the day's end.
-The texture on some of the shades are quite chalky.

OTHER NOTES:
-This cute, delicious palette is a must have for those who tend to hoard/collect eyeshadow paletes (like me!). But if you are looking to invest in a palette for more practical reasons (such as long-wearing shadows which will last many hours), you might want to look elsewhere.
-Overall, the case is pretty sturdy. But I noticed that the enclosed mirror was weakly adhered to the tin casing and has fallen off.
-Overall, I like this palette. I was blown away by the cuteness, smell, and color selection. But I wasn't blown away by the quality.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

At first, I was sucked in by the hype and thought I loved this palette. After all, who wouldn't like makeup that smells like chocolate? So creative. But my love affair ended after one use. The shadows are poor quality--chalky consistency and lots of fallout, and some of the colors aren't really wearable. If you want a comparably priced palette and don't have to have one that is chocolate scented, the Kat Von D Monarch palette is worlds better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I honestly try not to be one of those people who gives into the hype over a product. I have enough eyeshadows and I'm not a beauty guru. So when this came out, I had no desire of buying it even though I saw it all over YouTube. After passing it multiple times in ulta, I'm like "what's the big deal?" It's a neutral palette like 476538964 out there palettes are. But HUGE THANKS to HSN for offering $20 off this palette! So if you can, please check it out because you get the palette and a full sized shadow insurance for $29. What an unheard of crazy deal!

Onto the review - pigmentation is on point. Blendability - on point. Color selection - on point. And while there probably is a lot of similar colors to the Naked 1 palette, Lorac Pro, etc I'm utterly obsessed with this one. It's shimmery but not in a way that the colors can't be distinguished. Sometimes I feel like UD eyeshadows gets so shimmery that all the colors mix together, looking like a mess on my lids - I can't see the difference between the lid, crease, and outer v shades. There is little fallout which I appreciate and the colors are so versatile that you can create any daytime/night time look you want. There's even a purple in there for days you're feeling bold. I haven't used all the colors though I'll make it a goal to do so. I'm so in love and I highly recommend this palette over the Nakeds. I would even pay full price for this, it's just that good.

The only ONE con (which isn't a big deal) is there is no black eyeshadow. Black is always blah, no one cares really about it in a palette but you truly appreciate it once you don't have it lol. It's not the end of the world if you if you don't have the most dramatic smoky eye but given the color selection, black would have been very complementary. If you miss the HSN deal, I would still suggest giving this palette a try. You get 4 extra shades for $3 less than the Naked Palettes. Great deal. I'm not picky about scents but if for some reason you don't enjoy the smell of chocolate, then that should be the only reason not to buy it lol. Save your money on other palettes and invest in this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Too Faced is easily one of my top favorite high end make up brands, and their products speak for themselves. I love the clever packaging of this, the delightful scent of chocolate that isn't overpowering but still amazingly delicious and the buttery texture of the shadows. I am most definitely a make up collector, and my make up collection is probably thousands of dollars (in no way am I bragging, just trying to give an example of how many products i own and have tried). I own all of the Naked palettes (1, 2, & 3), tons of MAC eyeshadows, other Urban Decay palettes, Lorac Palette's, E.L.F eyeshadows, drug store eyeshadows, ETC. For some reason Too Faced eyeshadows are the ones I find myself reaching for the most. My main eyeshadow palette I reach for the most is the Natural Eye one by Too Faced, and the Chocolate Bar palette is definitely the perfect pairing. I love the versatility of these eyeshadows, the variety of the colors although they are neutral they aren't boring. You can create countless looks with this and I would highly recommend this for beginners and collector's alike. The texture of the shadows, the pigment, how amazing they blend together, I give this palette 5 lippies for being so sweet. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Jennypye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

If you are a collector like myself, I recommend to pick this baby up immediately! This palette what can I say, is probably the most expensive product I have ever purchased, do I regret it? 100% NO. The packaging is adorable, and the case is made of tin, I find it is very sturdy unlike their usual cardboard palettes, and the best part is that it is made from cocoa and smells like it too, I was immediately hooked! As I live in UK the only place to purchase this is either Debenhams or Beautybay.com.

It is slightly more expensive then the Naked 3, however, if you are torn in-between those two, as much as I love the naked palettes, I would recommend the chocolate palette. I can only find 2 everyday look from the Naked 3, as the colours in the palette are nearly the same, and it makes my eyes look bruise.

I am NC25 medium tone and have black eyes, this palette was an amazing purchase as I actually look forward to getting up and create many everyday looks with all these delicious neutral colours. This palette does not compare to the UD naked 3, it has more colours, it is more pigmented, it smells good, and little fall out. The only negative thing I can say is that the pink strawberry bonbon is very sheer, it does not show up very well on my eyelid even with the primer potion. I probably just to have to find the right white base eyeshadow primer, and it can be fixed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Shymir14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product really works it is the best eye shadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

I was quite hesitant to purchase Chocolate Bar. This palette may seem expensive but it is actually a great value due to the sizes and quantity of the shadows. My favorite shade is the burgundy and the packaging is adorable :)
If you want this palette, go get one because it is limited edition

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absoluteky beautiful and this is fast becoming a daily staple. Watch out NAKEDs!

The packaging, omg let's talk about how cute it is. I'm a sucker for cute packaging and this baby takes the cake for best and most adorable packaging ever. It looks like a chocolate bar and even the box looks like a candy bar box. And it comes with a mirror, what more can you ask for. Only fall back is that it feels quite flimsy so I'd have to be careful when I'm travelling with it.

It smells delicious, like real chocolate. And it's made of natural ingredients including cocoa powder and other stuff. And I've read an article on how the antioxidant in cocoa plants/chocolate is good for health and all that jazz.

All the shadows are crazy pigmented (except for Starwberry Bon Bon and Candied Violet) and buttery. They last all day with primer and the colours pop even more with a sticky base.

Gilded Ginache : a dark bronze with a green tinge, metallic.
White Chocolate: creamy off-white; matte.
Milk Chocolate: light ash brown; matte.
Black Forest Truffle: dark plummy brown; frost.
Triple Fudge: dark cool brown; matte.
Salted Caramel: warm orangey beige; matte
Marzipan: light golden champagne; frost.
Semi-Sweet: medium bronze; matte.
Strawberry Bon Bon: pale pink; matte.
Candied Violet: smokey lavender; shimmer.
Amaretto: medium dark copper; metallic.
Hazelnut: dark warm bronze; metallic.
Creme Brulee: dark dirty gold; metallic.
Haute Chocolate: medium taupey brown; frost.
Cherry Cordial: dark burgundy; satin
Champagne Truffle: pale champagne pink; shimmer.

They complement each other so well and blend so easily. Also, there are SIX mattes and one satin, which is not half bad. If you're someone who can't live without awesome quality matte, get this instead of NAKED palettes. There's lots of metallic shadows as well and I'm loving that so yeah.

My standout shades are Gilded Ginache, White Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Amaretto, and Cherry Cordial.
This is fast becoming another one of my HG palettes

Get it because it's so worth it <3

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Oh yes, I admit to being a sucker for neutral palettes but this one has nearly everything I need in the 1 palette. Colour payoff is amazing and the browns are beautifully warm without pulling red. I bought Stilas' In The Light palette and while it's quite good, I found the browns too cool in tone. So glad I bought this palette! My only gripe is that I wish the packaging wasn't so thick and I wish they placed the names of the colour on the actual palette..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Very pleased with this palette, the texture is lovely and creamy. Easy to work with and blend and they are pigmented. This is a warm palette which suites me well and is great for day or night looks. It smells like chocolate which i was a bit worried about but its actually quiet pleasing to smell. Definitely worth it for me.