February 26, 2015 | 1978 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2015 4:34:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this and returned it. I'm just too cool toned to wear 95% of the colors here. The purplish color was o.k. but I already have dupes that I like better in my shadow collection.

Why are 95% of the eye shadow palette's on the market geared toward warm complexion tones?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2015 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this today and rushed home and did an eye look and swatched them all. nothing has disappointed and i am so happy. I'm sitting here at 12:41am and looking at it, just eyeballing it. its so beautiful.

buttery in texture, the shimmers are SHIMMERY and the mattes are pigmented and bendable. thats all i ask for, bendable haha. Two highlighter shades (one matte THANK YOU and one shimmery THANK YOU TWICE) and they're the largest pans in the palette (another THANK YOU deserved).

The smell is divine but not overpowering. i can understand how people may not like it, because putting scented powder on my eyes irked me somewhat. the smell goes away though, you can't smell it on your eyeballzz.

Tin palette that opens up to a 170 degree angle so the mirror is functional. the smell comes out when you open it each time yummm. There is such a good array of colours that you will never run out of looks. theres two crease colours, shimmery browns, shimmery purples and shimmery pinks. by shimmery, i mean the texture and finish of a MAC veluxe pearl, like the texture of Woodwinked or All that Glitters (are these deluxe pearls?? dunno)

The colours don't come with names on them so I'm bit upset. The little protective film over the top is the only thing that indicates names and i always throw those away so I'm struggling to throw it or keep it...why you gotta play us like that Too Faced??

$62AUD from Kit cosmetics in sydney city myer. i didnt need another neutral looking palette but i bought it and i don't regret it because its BOMB.COM.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2015 7:57:00 PM More reviews by kellydanielle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Everybody has their thing and my thing is neutral palettes. I am a woman obsessed. You name it, I probably own it. This one is in my top 3 personal favorites. The colors are perfect and the smell is just divine. On top of that, the packaging is SO CUTE! Ugh. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2015 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Troods

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette! So many gorgeous colours, though I do tend to use the more neutral shades more often (I need to really use the other shades more). Great quality and just adorable packaging. The only downside is the price here in Australia, but considering how fantastic it is, I can justify the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2015 9:02:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

im loving this palette soooo much!!!! i use it everyday...i cant wait to use it every morning because the smell of the chocolate makes me so happy...every color in this is goregous!!!! packaging is adorable as well

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2015 6:50:00 PM More reviews by viciousvices

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first review ever so I hope I can cover all the bases. I purchased this when HSN was having their deal where you could get this palette, a full sized TF lipstick in Nude Beach, a deluxe sample of the TF Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer, and a full sized TF Better Than Sex Mascara for $49USD with free shipping. I live in Canada and a package like that is absolutely unheard of here (where the palette alone is the price of the entire bundle) and they don't ship here but I wasn't going to let that stop me from taking advantage of this deal, so I had it mailed to a friend in the states who mailed it to me!

*Price: Worth it, and I'm such a stingy, cheap shopper. I'm one of those people who will work their way through every sort of drugstore dupe for a product before I finally accept that I've wasted enough money, cave in, and get the proper, high end version of it.
*Packaging: Beautiful. The case is sturdy and I can see myself travelling with this. Another thing to note - I don't know how new this repackaging is, but the names of the shadows are written right below the actual pans in the package, not on the plastic slip that was covering them.
*Product: Heaven. Chocolate-y heaven. No fallout on the matte shades, very little on the sparkly/shimmery shades, highly pigmented and smooth formulation, the colours are stunning on my light-medium yellow-y olive skin. Once I hit pan on "Salted Caramel" I might actually die because it's the perfect transition shade I've been searching for.
*Positives: The highlight shades being the biggest pans was a really smart move. I know I'll get a lot of use out of them so it's nice to know I won't run out as fast. There's a good mix of finishes and the browns are warm and perfect.
*Negatives: I would've liked to see a black shadow in there. I know there's one in the Semi Sweet palette but the pigmentation is so lacking on that that I wouldn't waste my money (which is a shame because that Peanut Butter shadow is so hard to say no to!)

Overall, if I could have only one palette for the rest of my life, it would be this one, and that's coming from someone with all 5 Naked palettes, 4 Lorac palettes, 2 Smashbox palettes, and 2 other Too Faced palettes. The shadows blend like a dream and I can create a huge range of looks with them, it smells good, the packaging looks good, and I love me some chocolate. If you're hesitating to buy this, you're missing out.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2015 1:48:00 AM More reviews by bridgeeyh

This is my go to eyeshadow palette no matter what look I'm trying to achieve.
At first I was hesitant to buy it given the price ($65 AUD) but after seeing it on a friend I just had to. First of all, the packaging is creative and makes the experience of using it even better. It looks like a chocolate bar and smells like a chocolate bar because it's infused with cocoa which is an added bonus. The colour pigmentation is the best I've ever seen which means you have to go really easy with a gentle hand.

I love pairing the plum, gold, light brown and dark brown for an evening time, dramatic look.
The shimmery champagnes and browns work really well for a day time look as well.
This palette is so versatile especially because it offers pops of colours too.

Another thing worth mentioning is the 2 bigger pans which are matte white and a shimmery shade. These can be used as highlighters for the cheeks and brows. This made it even more worth the money for me because it's one less product I have to buy.

There is hardly any fall out and blending is super easy.

My only issue is that the shade names are not on the actual palette but a piece of plastic I threw away ages ago! But that's no biggie...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2015 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Indee500

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I decided to finally see what the hype was about this palette. , it's have beautiful shades and they pigmented I was alittle disappointed that my palette did not have that chocolate smell that everyone talks about, and the price is to high, but if your in the market for new shades this is beautiful

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 11:02:00 PM More reviews by shelbyfgibson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me begin with the fact that this palette went way above my expectations, I imagined that it was going to have a small smell and I wasn't sure how to pigmentation was going to be.

Just by first glance when opening the palette for the first time the smell is a-maz-ing and the pigmentation, wow.
To make it even better the colour choices work really well with my tan-olive skin tone (all for except two, one which clashes with it and another which is a pretty similar colour which doesn't show but I use it when toning down shimmery shadows on my lids) and I can't wait to use this palette in the summer, with a darker complexion I think it would look even better. Definitely recommend this palette and if you aren't sure of the colours in this palette try the semi-sweet chocolate bar palette!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 7:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyStaci

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeshadow palette!! Hands down my favorite palette purchased yet. I use it everyday. The shadows are nicely pigmented and blend super well (as long as you have the right tools). The chocolate smell is an added bonus... I can't help but to sit there and smell it for a god minute before I use it. 😂 I would definitely purchase this again. I hope tooface never discontinues it.