Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

the TWO issues i have is that the lid doesnt stay propped open, i wish it would! also NO product names on the inside come on? how hard is that.

other than that, this is a perfect brown palette, it glides lovely and no fallout

on 3/21/2015 8:18:00 PM

I was really surprised by this palette and how much I love it. My first palette was the urban decay naked 1 and that had great pigmentation too. I didn't expect this palette to have the same pigmentation and quality as UD naked. I have to say tho that I think i prefer the color selection here and I can create all matte eye looks or a mix of shimmer and matte. I also like the highlight shades better :). I will definitely repurchase

on 3/18/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Let's do this the quick and concise way . The things I like about this palette are; it has a good range of neutrals with a pop of colour thrown in here and there, the shadows last a decent amount of time, they are smooth and buttery making application easy and enjoyable . The tin is cute and the smell of the shadows is appealing to me anyway( being a chocoholic)as they smell delicious! Things I do not like; the silly plastic sheet with the names of the shadows on(which I believe has been ditched in the semi sweet palette), one or two of the shadows seem powdery and a bit disappointing, mirror is ok but not huge . A silly point but it does take me longer to do my eye make up with these shadows as I keep stopping to sniff them ! I think this is a great palette, good value for money with numerous possibilities for different looks and is becoming a real favourite of mine.

on 3/13/2015 2:44:00 AM

So I swore to myself that I would not buy into the hype over this one as I have more than enough neutral palettes to get by on for the next forty years or so....these famous last words came back to bite me - as they always do. I managed to hold out to the end of 2014 for this but have not looked back ever since as it's been getting so much love and I really am so happy to have it.

For me Too faced shadow palettes can be hit or miss, generally I love the creamy soft shadows but have had about 4 palettes that have just been let downs for me. However I love this palette as its so versatile and fits in with every other palette I own - it can be a daily work horse.

For reference my skin is fairly light, I have blonde hair and green eyes and try to steer away from dark eye shadows as I find them "too much" on me and tend to go for a light / medium neutral look and only usually use darker shadows as liners. I have and find I can use most shades in this palette apart from Triple Fudge that I don't like and Gilded Ganache as any olive on me just turns muddy and unflattering looking and this one is no exception.

Strawberry Bon Bon is a pretty pale pink but not very pigmented so needs quite a few layers to get some colour showing - at least its not chalky. My matte Semi-Sweet is a bit dry and hard to pick up - but makes a good liner. I love Salted Caramel as it's so different being an orangey-brown, I generally use this as a crease shade and if its looking too orange for the look I'm going for it can be toned down slightly with a light application of Milk Chocolate brushed and blended lightly over the top. My two absolutely favourite standout shades are Marzipan a light peachy-brown and Cream Brulee a soft flattering gold - both are go to's as an all over lid colour.

My favourite two every day go to looks from this palette are:
Lid to Brow Bone: White Chocolate / White Chocolate
Outer "V": Haute Chocolate / Hazlenut
Lower Lashline: Marzipan / Creme Brulee
Upper Lashline: Amaretto or / Semi-Sweet
Black Forest Truffle

While I do like the smell of chocolate, it was not the reason I purchased this palette, but Too Faced were not silly and I think this was a great little marketing ploy to get people interested in something new. The shadows are a pretty decent size especially the matte and shimmer highlighter shades at 2.8grams each. I would see myself re-purchasing this in the unlikely chance that I will complete this palette...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Am I the only person to really be let down by this palette? Number one, it's extremely annoying that the names of the shadows are not written inside the palette, but on a little plastic insert that you throw away or if you keep it, it's totally in the way. The pigment just doesn't come out the color I'm expecting. They are very smooth, great smelling shadows, but I'm much happier with Any of the Urban Decay Naked pallettes. It's difficult to put my finger on, ( which I know doesnt help much in a review) but I genuinely wish I could return it. Very unhappy with it & wish I had gone with Lorac. Ive tried a ton of chocolate bar tutorials & I'm just not feeling it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so we've allllll heaard about the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I was one of the slow people to get this product but boy was it worth the wait! This palette is so amazing!! It is so pigmented, the colours are incredible! It even smells like chocolate. Enough said! haha. This is a palette you must have in your collection girls! I bought mine from Mecca Maxima for $65 but I know you can get it off the Too Faced website for around $45, which is even better! I had a gift card which is why I paid so much. There are 16 amazing colours to choose from all named after a chocolate or some sort of sweet. My favourites would have to be White Chocolate, Marzipan, Amaretto and Black Forest Truffle. This palette can be an everyday use or even for just special occasions. You can create so many looks with this palette and if you don't now where to start it comes with a little booklet to get you started with some beautiful looks.

on 3/1/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I really like this palette. It's the first palette I actually used. I love the colors. They blend very well, and look phenomenal. The best thing about this palette is the fact the colors are pigmented for dark skin, and minimal fallout! The chocolate smell doesn't hurt either.

on 2/28/2015 12:28:00 PM

Favorite eyeshadow palette hands down. The colors cater more to natural colors but can easily go for a bold, smokey look! The eyeshadow themselves are pigmented and have a great lasting color power while still easy to blend. There is some fall out if you have a heavy hand when applying it though. This eyeshadow palette does have the a chocolate fragrance that you can smell when you open it but honestly you can't smell it after applying it to your eyes. plus I LOVE chocolate so if anything I want the smell! it's a nice scent and isn't over powering to the nose (: It is at pretty high price but very decent for what it is at $49 (bought it at Ulta). I don't run through my eyeshadow palettes fast and the pans for the eyeshadows are pretty big so I'm sure this will definitely last me for a long while!

on 2/27/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this palette but it was EXPENSIVE. I wish their were more matte transition shades but that's my only complaint. It smells amazing and the colors are amazing! I am a sucker for maroon smokey eyes and this gives me my fix! I use the bright purple for my cheer competitions and that is my favorite shadow. A great buy but definitely wouldn't drop another 49 dollars on it. Still love it so much though!

Love this eye shadow palette! I have fair, warm tone skin and this palette has a lot of beautiful colors that look good on me. The shadows go on smoothly and last all day
( but I do use Too Faced champagne Shadow Insurance underneath the shadow). I also love the sweet chocolate smell and the adorable chocolate bar palette. Definitely will buy this again! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials