January 31, 2015 | 2091 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2015 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Indee500

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I decided to finally see what the hype was about this palette. , it's have beautiful shades and they pigmented I was alittle disappointed that my palette did not have that chocolate smell that everyone talks about, and the price is to high, but if your in the market for new shades this is beautiful

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 11:02:00 PM More reviews by shelbyfgibson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me begin with the fact that this palette went way above my expectations, I imagined that it was going to have a small smell and I wasn't sure how to pigmentation was going to be.

Just by first glance when opening the palette for the first time the smell is a-maz-ing and the pigmentation, wow.
To make it even better the colour choices work really well with my tan-olive skin tone (all for except two, one which clashes with it and another which is a pretty similar colour which doesn't show but I use it when toning down shimmery shadows on my lids) and I can't wait to use this palette in the summer, with a darker complexion I think it would look even better. Definitely recommend this palette and if you aren't sure of the colours in this palette try the semi-sweet chocolate bar palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 7:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyStaci

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeshadow palette!! Hands down my favorite palette purchased yet. I use it everyday. The shadows are nicely pigmented and blend super well (as long as you have the right tools). The chocolate smell is an added bonus... I can't help but to sit there and smell it for a god minute before I use it. 😂 I would definitely purchase this again. I hope tooface never discontinues it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 2:50:00 AM More reviews by M00994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to admit that I bought this because of my ridiculous love of chocolate. It freakin smells like chocolate!!! However, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I actually love this product. It blends superbly and the pigmentation is perfect for everyday. Although extremely pigmented shadows like urban decay are nice on occasion, for daily use I want something that is creamy and pigmented but not to the point where I look like I'm going clubbing all the time. These are definitely some of the creamiest shadows I own, I would take these over my Lancôme or Tarte shadows any day. I never even touch my naked palette anymore, and I used to use it everyday. If you have warm skin tones, this is going to make you very very happy. I have extreme yellow undertones to the point where some gold shadows don't even show up on me. It's hard for me to find shadows warm enough to actually compliment my skin without being muddy. This palette has enough variety so that i can get distinctly different looks very easily. Overall, I would highly recommend this to anyone with warm skin and warm hair. This will do wonders for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:22:00 PM More reviews by alylauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that this is the second high end eyeshadow palette that I've bought. The first one that I bought was the Tartelette palette, and I was very disappointed with it, so I had it traded in at Sephora for this one. And I'm sooo happy with that decision! (kathleenlights, I never should've doubted your opinion)

When I first looked at this palette and swatched it, I thought that I wouldn't be able to use all the colors (since I am more of a fan of mattes), but boy, was I wrong. All the colors in this palette are absolutely BEAUTIFUL when blended together on the lid. Even without primer, the shades show up nicely on my skin. And I just cannot get over how good this smells! My only complaint is with the shade Triple fudge (the darkest matte brown in the palette), it doesn't lack in pigmentation, but it can be quite difficult to blend, and can look kinda patchy on the lid. Other than that, I am SO IN LOVE with this palette, it's totally worth the $$$!

(for reference, I'm an NC 35)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first neutral palette I own that I can truly use and enjoy all the colors in it. I have the first Lorac Pro, the three Urban Decay Naked palettes, and an old Tarte NeutralEyes II palette and I do enjoy them all but I always feel like I wish I could change out a color or two. Instead I make myself use my not favorite shades anyway since I feel wasteful if I don't utilize all of the colors. Usually it's a too yellow-gold shade, or a slate color. Even the pink and purple shades in this Chocolate Bar that wouldn't typically be in a neutral palette get used because somehow they don't look out of place when used with any of the other shades.

So I bought this nearly a year ago, used it a couple times and then stopped as I got distracted by other palettes. At that time I thought it was nice, but it just didn't really catch my interest. Sadly enough I think the bulky packaging was really making me dislike it. Now I have rediscovered it in the new slimmer packaging and it has been really growing on me. I find myself gravitating towards it just because I know it always turns out well. All the shades are gorgeous, and actually unique to me. I have brown eyes, dark brown hair and light olive skin with cool undertones and even though these shades are more on the warm side they are very pretty on me. Even the gold shade Creme Brulee works well on me. This may be kind of random but in high school my favorite eyeshadow shades were those from Cover Girl's Country Woods quad, especially the shimmery pinkish, taupe/bronze color called Mink. Ever since then I have tried to find similar shades but that are high quality, with good pigmentation, no creasing, and not animal tested. The Chocolate Bar has so many shades reminiscent of that quad; Marzipan, Hazelnut and Haute Chocolate in particular.

What I like best about this palette is that the color scheme is so cohesive that it is hard to create a look that doesn't work. Basically I pick a light color for the lid, a matte mid-tone color for the crease and a darker shimmer or matte for smudging under my lash line and it is just quick, easy, yet pretty. There are five mattes, one large one for highlighting, three potential crease colors, and the dark brown Triple Fudge to darken up a look or to line with. The other shades contain various amounts of shimmer in them, but none are metallic like Urban Decay shimmers; Too Faced's have a softer finish to them.

The only thing I don't like is that initially they released this in bulky packaging, and even with the newer slim case they still haven't printed the name of the shades anywhere on the palette itself. If they're going with the neat concept of a Chocolate Bar palette that looks like a Chocolate Bar, and smells delicious like one, why not put a little effort into sharing what the names of the shades are? I like the names, but I keep losing track of my clear plastic sheet to read them, so that part of the chocolate theme is lost.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 10:35:00 PM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ahhh this smells amaaaazing, such a nice chocolate smell. Beautiful strong colours and everyday looks that can be built to a night out eye. This is my everyday palette, and I adore the fact it comes with two HUGE highlighters in it, seriously I run out of my highlighters before I run out of product in most palettes. Worth every last penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2015 6:54:00 AM More reviews by ebbykins

Was in a really bad mood yesterday, like hormonal, feeling like a troll, so the hubby gave me some extra dough for retail therapy and where did I go?! Oh yes, Sephora... I had been eyeing a high end highly rated palette for so long, but could never bring myself to splurge, that's a weeks worth of produce shopping for me!

I spoke with one sales assistant saying I was tossed between the UD palettes and the Too Faced. Sadly they didn't sell Lorac for me to try otherwise I would have gone with that.

I usually use Quo, E.L.F. Marcelle, Estee Lauder and Lancome eyeshadows for the most part. I find the pigmentation good enough for the money/quality and can usually get myself a good beauty bonus deal with each of them at various beauty shops near me, free lipsticks, perfume, creams, lotions etc to try. This palette was just meh for me. I got sold on there being 16 colours for the same amount of money as the UD. HOWEVER, I personally would NEVER use those extra colours, as I still haven't been able to pull off smokey dramatic eyes without looking like puff the magic dragon, at least unless the quality was very very good and took the time to blend, this eyeshadow did not seem to do much for me at all. I tried the 3 recommended looks from the pamphlet that came with it before I marched right back to Sephora the same night frustrated to return it. Not being a complete noob with eye make up but no pro either, I think it's fair to say this is just disappointing and with the quality of other much cheaper products on the market available these days, there is no reason to be reaching for these palettes for this much money. I may go back and try the UD, but I think I'm going to ultimately go with Lorac Pro palettes and Mac in the future on my shadow splurges.

-Lacking in pigment in a few of the signature colours that would be hit the pan ones for me normally in other brands.

-Fall out, I got purple all the way under my eye after using my concealer and I was very sad, the fall out was comparable to NYX eyeshadows... frustrating because I always give it a tap or blow off!

-No noticeable smell (I'm sensitive to smell) as claimed to smell like chocolate.... maybe I got an old one?

-Dry... dry dry dry... so dry, made my eyes kinda itchy drying my eye out. I expected a buttery wonderful experience, what a let down. I almost cried, lol.

So yeah, gonna splurge online on a few of MUA faves that are on the cheap and highly rated instead or at least come with some bonus gifts....

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2015 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Ckliki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for the hype and the smell. I tell you if I was going to purchase this again based on the rating of the smell.. I would buy it times one million. That being said... for me, it doesn't work that great. I know alot of people love it... and I don't mind it, its just okay. I have the older version of the packaging so it is slightly larger than it needs to be. However all of the current purchases made of this product would definitly be smaller.

Hits:

Gilded Ganache
Candied Violet
Triple Fudge
Strawberry Bon BOn

The rest are not great but not terrible so they don't get any special mention they do what they are supposed to. I know alot of people are all over this pallete however I would not repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 6:41:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The adorable packaging and scent already made this a favourite for me that I reach for daily.

The shades are all wearable and creamy to apply. Maybe not as pigmented as Urban Decay, but have a lot less fallout. I love the inclusion of the bigger shades (White Chocolate and Champagne Truffle) to blend and highlight, making this a pretty good all-in-one palette. This is also good for travel as the magnet closure is sturdy and the tin packaging is quite durable (I have the recent slimmed version).

A typical, simple look that I do includes...
(1) Eye primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance)
(2) Base shadow (any of the medium browns, usually Amaretto, Hazelnut, or Milk Chocolate)
(3) Blend (White Chocolate)
(4) Inner corner highlight (mix Creme Brulee and Marzipan)
(5) Brow bone highlight (Champagne Truffle)
(6) Black pencil liner (by Essence) smudged out with Triple Fudge
(7) Mascara (whatever I'm trying to use up)

My only complaint is that the colours are not written on the palette directly, but on a plastic insert. This is minor and can be fixed by taping the insert over the mirror inside. Overall, this was a great purchase!