July 31, 2014 | 1901 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ggarcia

I didn't think this palette would be much different and crucial to have since I already have all the nakes, loracs, itsjudytime, urban decay, you name it, but this has become my favorite in the last 3 days I have owned it!

the 3 brown shades are perfect for blending and darkening on the outer crease, the shimmers are gorgeous, the brow bone is perfect mixing it with the bigger shimmery one. I absolutely love it!!! go get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by mlgalvin92

I reviewed this product on my YouTube channel!!! Check it out here:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the greatest palette I've ever owned. I'm an NC40 and with the proper primer, these shades look absolutely gorgeous on me. I also own the naked palettes and the lorac palettes and I always reach for this palette more. The mattes in this palette are way better than the lorac pro palette while the shimerry shades are better than the ones in either the lorac and naked palette. The mattes are buttery soft and the shimmers are subtle and beautiful. There's one shade, candied violet, that isn't as pigmented as the rest but I personally am not a fan of shimmery purple eyeshadow. With that said, it comes with two larger highlighter eyeshadows (one matte, one shimmer) and 14 other (mostly shimmer but a few matte) shades to create one beautiful palette.

The entire palette smells like chocolate and it's super simple to do neutral eye looks with this palette. Salted caramel is the perfect color to go in the crease for most people and there's a wide variety of shades from which you can make looks.

I suggest batalash beauty's cut crease look on youtube as a great starting place for a dramatic look. I REALLY SUGGEST YOU BUY THIS ON SALE FROM HSN USING THE 20 DOLLAR OFF COUPON!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by gsalazar82

I didn't really think I needed this palette but I purchased it anyway because I got a good deal on it and I'm SO happy I did. I have the Naked 1& 2 palettes and I hardly reach for them and I figured this would be the same but I was wrong! I use this palette almost every day. There's a great blend of mattes and shimmers which I love and the colors all work nicely together. The quality of the shadows are great (better than UD IMO). I love that the 2 highlight shades are larger than the rest because I always hit pan on those first. The shimmer highlight shade works great as a cheek highlight too! My only complaint is the packaging, it's unnecessarily large and I can't store it with my other palettes. The packaging has changed since I purchased mine but it's still something to note.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is worthy of the hype it gets on MUA! I was already a TF fan before I bought this, so my view might be a little biased (just throwing that out there), but I have to admit that I thought that the Chocolate Bar palette was a little gimmicky. The Return of Sexy palette is one of my favorites, but a little OTT for everyday use, but the Chocolate Bar palette turned out to be great for everyday use.

The colors are great for my NW15 coloring. There are plenty of browns and neutrals to play up my blue eyes and make this a "work safe" palette, but there are a few colors thrown in to make it fun. They work nicely together and I really like how the pans for the highlight/base colors are bigger than the other colors. There's a good mix of matte and shimmer, too, which is fantastic. (My only complaint about the Return of Sexy palette is that it's very shimmery and doesn't have any matte shades). I think Too Faced really hit a home run with these colors.

The texture is also very good. I apply these shadows over a base (Lorac's Behind the Scenes) and this lasts all day without fading or creasing. I applied three of them this morning at 4 am and at 8 pm, they still look good.

The cocoa scent is a nice bonus, but IMHO, some might not love it. Personally, I think it's cool. The packaging is similar to UD Naked 2 and 3--I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the same manufacturer makes all three packages.

This is a palette worth checking out, and I can definitely see this getting a lot of use!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by RM83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this from hsn for only $30!!! I would not have purchased at ulta for full price. I like this palette, but LOVE my UD's. I don't think the shadow is as pigmented as UD's but I like the matte shades and the variety of colors compared to the naked palettes. The packaging is excellent and the fact it contains and smells like chocolate, you really can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this palette is a STEAL when you order it through HSN. My favorite thing about it is you get 3 different shades of matte brown. This is a necessity for me when it comes to blending. The shadows are beautiful and pigmented. Love this palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Met my expectations and beyond. This is my 3rd pallet that ive owned. I am very pleased with the colors, texture and plan to use up every shadow till the pan; My new "old faithful".

I have to start with the packaging because its very eye catching;the whole theme through and through is CHOCOLATE! The case is metal and looks like a chocolate bar. The names of the shadows are of chocolate and candy, hell even it even smells like chocolate! Very girly, childish, and cheesy, but I cant say no, it is so cute! But still practical:hard case, closes well, comes with mirror.

The shades are overall: Warm,neutral, browns,and a mixture of both mattes and a few shimmers. A very "safe" pallet for everyone. My current favorites: Salted Caramel(light/medium warm peachy matte brown), and Semi-Sweet(medium/dark warm/neutral matte brown). I love these! Perfect everyday, all over lid and crease shadows. Least Favorite:Candied Violet(dark violet purple with lots of purple shimmer). The reason is when I apply it, the color, the base, disappears and just leaves behind a purple-black smear and tons of purple glitter. Not very pigmented+tons of glitter. That's the only one. I even use some of the shades on my eyebrows such as Triple Fudge and Semi-Sweet. It has a gold(Creme Brulee) which is a must for me. An easy glam look:swipe a gold on. I love most of the shades for brown shades are my comfort zone and all these options are really fabulous, no matter what I pick and blend, it will look great. NC42 here, tan with yellow undertones, dark brown eyes.

Very pigmented, true to color and blend amazingly well. Fallout is disappointing. One of the shades already broke off a tiny chunk. Tsk tsk. I now fear dropping it, traveling, being in a rush and careless.

I live in Switzerland, land of milk, cheese and chocolate, so it was a must to get this. I had my friend buy it and bring it over here from the US(thank you Jean!) My Swiss girlfriends over here are in love when I showed them this and all want one. For what you get its well worth it. Extremely and sooooooooo happy that I finally have this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never been a fan of the Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palettes, so I was really excited when this came out. The Naked palettes are too metallic for my tastes, and this one has a really nice variety of finishes. The eyeshadows are alwo really nice. They're really smooth. It is really versatile. It's really convenient. I can do most looks with just this palette. The packaging is cute.

The major draw of this palette is the smell. It smells amazing. It doesn't just smell like chocolate. It smells like expensive chocolate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There's cocoa powder in every shadow in this palette, as well as vanillin, so it smells good enough to eat. And I guess Too Faced thought some people might, because there's also saccharin in each to sweeten them! ...although I'm not planning to taste them.

I rarely buy palettes, so I procrastinated before getting it. It comes in a sweet girly box, and the palette is an adorable chocolate brown tin shape like, yes, a chocolate bar. Two of the 16 colors are larger to use as a base or all-over brightener, one is a pale champaign-y matte, the other frosted with a hint of pink. The remaining 14 are mostly shades of brown, from pale beige to very very dark brown.The shades range from cool to reddish to yellow-based, so there's some to suit every skin tone. Plus there are several non-brown 'candy' colors for contrast - a matte pale icing sugar pink, a frosty pale apricot, a deep cherry brown with sparkles, and a dark dusty violet with sparkles. 6 of the 16 are mattes, more than enough for me, 2 have micro-glitter, and the remaining 8 are softly frosted.

Most of the shadows are creamy going on with good color payoff, but a few are a bit more 'high maintenance' requiring more finesse to get good color out of them - particularly the two with micro-glitter. I recommend using an eyeshadow primer, and using only 3 , maybe 4, colors at a time for the cleanest looks. This palette lets you create primarily neutral toned and smokey brown eye looks, but there are plenty of other possibilities if you play with the colors without preconceived ideas of eye looks, or add in other colors from beyond this palette -hmmm, I'm thinking light periwinkle blue or frosty lime might work well.

I'm very happy to have this palette of chocolately eye shadow goodness.