April 17, 2014 | 1361 users online

Lips - Prada - Shielding Balm SPF15/Lip/Tint 6

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by JuniperStar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the thing that really stood out about this red tinted lip balm was its ability to moisturize my lips and providing good color payoff at the same time. these lip balms are packaged in monodoses which are tiny and are rather expensive. on the other hand, these tiny tubes are really handy to carry around. it also has a very small opening and you don't have to worry about squeezing out too much. the color can be sheer to more intense if you layer it on. also, the color doesn't turn magenta (which often happens to me) nor is it bright/gaudy. lipstick tends to be drying on me and this is the perfect alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

Love it - can't say enough good things - keeps my lips lovely and moisturized during the winter - and such a lovely brick red tint -

I have got to find some more of these - love them -

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by TrizyDLuX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite lip balm of ALL TIME. I love the tiny stay-fresh packaging. I love the smooth non-greasy/non-waxy texture. I love the sheer red color. I love the complete absence of smell and taste. The only things I do not love are the way the matte white tube gets dingy after a while rattling around at the bottom of my (unlined black leather) bag, and the way its hard to get the last little bit out from the tube. Ive been lucky to find enough of these HUGELY discounted to keep me happy, but I really do love it enough to potentially pay the exorbitant retail price if I had to. Best... lipbalm... ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, I am not taking a lippie off for price b/c I was able to find on ebay for about $2!!! So awesome. Anyway, this is a nice color on me. Wore alone. Good consistency. Like SPF. Tiny dose is cute, but silly. Smell/taste is not the best. MAC is great for that when it comes to SPF lipbalms. This is still pretty good, though. Will only repurchase at discount. Not worth the retail cost at dept. store!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by voravons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore the Prada Shielding Balms, very moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. Tint 6 is a soft red and gives almost a Snow White effect. Expensive at $38 for a box of 8, but the monodoses last me forever. You only need a tiny bit to cover the lips. I did take off one lippie because I'm typically not a fan of applying any lip products with my finger.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by lhkim85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product, and though it is expensive, you can find some decent deals on ebay and it lasts a pretty long time (well, for me, anyway). I have given it out to some of my friends and it seems to be a flattering color on pretty much anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by amys326

TINT 6 is better than TINT 5 but it just isn't the color for my fair/medium skin tone. It looks like I just ate a red icicle pop. This color may be better for the summer but I'm still looking for one that complements my skin tone all year round. I love the package and the fact that it has SPF in it but still looking for perfect color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 2:43:00 PM More reviews by crimsoncelt

I really, really didn't want to like this lip balm. Mostly because I have a super hard time justifying the cost. Although, as other posters have said, per ounce it's not so bad compared to others.
I got all 7 colors in a sampler from eBay and I tried #6 first because I figured it would be the least flattering on me as I haven't yet found a red that I can wear. OMG! I love it. It gives just enough of a healthy, plump, red to my already pinkish lips. The texture is amazing and it does plump my lips up a little bit.
I just wish it was available in a bigger tube, since I can totally see myself losing the little dinky thing it is packaged in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2006 10:35:00 AM More reviews by carekate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

• Longtime members know about my lip product addiction, so it should come as no surprise that I officially have a new fave tinted lip balm!! For those keeping score, my previous 'main squeeze' were the Smashbox Tinted Lip Treatments which I reviewed here a while back. • First off, the most striking difference between the Prada lip balm & all others out there, besides the formulation, which I will describe in a bit, is that it’s uniquely packaged: instead of the single, regular-sized tube or pot of lip balm we’re used to, when you buy yourself the Prada lip balm, it will come in a box w/ eight individually packaged & sealed "monodoses," or tiny, flat plastic squeeze tubes w/ tiny twist off caps. • I actually quite like this concept b/c when I find a lip balm to love, I normally like to have several tubes of it so I can keep one in my desk, car, purse, bedside table, kitchen, bathroom, &/or strategically hidden at various homes or places that I frequent so there is never a possibility that I will be caught w/o any lip balm!• The tiny little monodose tubes are perfect for me to place in the aforementioned strategic places to ensure that I always have one nearby. If you’re the type of girl who goes to a lot of formal events where you carry a tiny little handbag that's barely large enough to contain your car keys & a credit card, or are working your tightest, painted-on jeans at the hottest nightclub, this little monodose will still fit in your purse or pocket! • Alrighty then, now let's move on to the actual product formulation which makes the Prada lip balms so unique (IMHO): when you twist off the tiny little cap of your monodose, you will immediately notice that in order to dispense any product, you will need to squeeze the tube fairly hard. This is b/c the balm is a VERY thick, stiff, heavy cream that is almost paste-like & not pliant in its consistency -- but don't let this description frighten you b/c you only need a tiny bit in order to cover both lips. • Okay, so once you've squeezed out the product & you apply it to your lips you will notice that it feels very thick/heavy & doesn't seem like you will be able to easily spread it evenly over both lips. This sensation passes quickly b/c the natural body heat of your lips will soon cause the balm to feel velvety &/or buttery as it seems to sink right in to your lips, leaving them feeling soft & smooth. It stays on quite a long time, even through smoking, eating & drinking. • It’s super emollient while at the same time not at all greasy or sticky. Even once it wears off, it doesn't leave your lips feeling immediately parched & dry. There is no real discernable scent or taste to the Prada, just a very slight impression of lemons that is not at all unpleasant. • Okay, the other thing about the Prada lip balm is that it comes in several different shades, click here to see/read more about them: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/. These tints are soft, muted, of-course-I'm-not-wearing-anything-on-my-lips,they're-naturally-this-gorgeous colors! For those who dislike shiny or glossy looking lip balms & prefer a more natural or low-key look, the these Prada balms will be ideal for you b/c they produce a more subdued, "satiny" finish to the lips so it isn't as obvious that you’re wearing anything on your lips at all. I've tried them all & I prefer #6 & #7. • I think we all know that most men HATE to kiss a woman w/ "goo" all over her mouth. My boyfriend certainly fits into this category b/c he actually refuses to kiss me if I'm wearing anything on my lips. This is a serious problem for us, b/c I refuse to be WITHOUT some sort of lip product on my mouth at all times b/c I'm paranoid about the possibility of my lips beginning to feel dry or parched! Happily, now that I've discovered the Prada lip balms, we're both satisfied: my lips don't feel all gunky &/or taste bad when he kisses me & my lips don't feel parched & dry when I kiss him! In fact, if I hadn't told him that I was wearing lip balm, he never would have known I'd had anything on my lips. A true relationship saver, wouldn't you say?! • I guess the final 'bonus ball' for the Prada lip balm is that it even contains an SPF15 to protect lips from UV damage which is important b/c the lips are one of the only places on the body that do not create their own melanin (natural pigment/protection from the sun). • All-in-all, I would have to say that the Prada lip balms -- whether you opt for the clear or a tinted version -- is ideal for the person who likes to keep her lips moisturized but doesn't necessarily want to wear any telltale shiny or glossy product on her mouth b/c these Prada lip balms will leave you w/ a more satiny or matte finish. • P.S. Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or has anyone else noticed that your lips APPEAR to be slightly fuller-looking when wearing this lip balm? I don’t think the Prada includes any topical lip plumping ingredients, therefore I believe this is just merely an optical illusion – but what a WONDERFUL illusion to have!! Yet another reason to make sure that I always have a tube of it handy....Even though I'm a lip product whore, I've actually managed to stay "faithful" to my Prada lip balms for over 3 months now & use them on a near-daily basis in lieu of lipstick – that’s the highest praise from me!!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2006 12:50:00 AM More reviews by weetabix

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very thick super moisturizing lip balm. It really clings to your lips. It reminds me of elizabeth arden's eight hour cream only without the smell. Shade #6 is a sheer deep cherry. It's an easy color to wear and I think that it would work for any skin tone. I love the packaging. It's so tiny and flat, you could carry it in your pocket. I would repurchase and I look foreword to trying other shades.