September 1, 2014 | 1045 users online

Dry Shampoo - Garnier - volume extend dry shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Itai

It smels really good (fruity), but it doesn't really work at absorbing oil. It absorbs oil for maximum 30 minutes, then my hair would feel greasy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by missj90

I love dry shampoo between washes and for those lazy days, i normally go for the batiste range but decided to try somthing new. First of this product smells amazing and fruity, but once applied my hair looked more unclean than before. It made my hair look damp, and i ended up having to wash it out anyway. I wish i could say somthing posative apart from the smell, but i cannot.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by diepset1

I've been trying to wash my hair less because I used to wash it everyday. Apparently, that's not good for the hair, so my hair has been getting pretty greasy. Especially after a work out or after work. Many people use dry shampoos these days and I thought I would try one, so this one had okay reviews on Walmart.com and it was cheap, so I got a can. The can looks like a hairspray can and it is obnoxiously green. The color of the can is not what bothers me, but the product is just bad. My hair looked the same. Still oily and still gross. Even after using a good amount and combing my hair carefully. I love 99% of Garnier products, but this one was disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I use dry shampoo not only for oil control but to give a boost to my fine limp hair without heat styling.

This dry shampoo doesn't give much volume and doesn't make my hair look much cleaner, in fact it made it look more weighed down and made it look a little greasier if I applied too much.

I won't buy this again and I would put this in the same category as Tresemme's dry shampoo which I hated. I also couldn't stand the smell - I bought the citrus scent in this and it is quite sickly to me.

If you are used to a powder-based dry shampoo I would say stay away from this one, it's not worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first time trying dry shampoo. I have pretty oily hair, and I can't even go a day without washing my hair before it feels dirty and nasty, especially at my bangs and roots. I use this whenever I don't feel like washing my hair the morning or night before school, and if you follow the directions and hold it a bit away from your hair when you spray it, and then comb it out when it's in, it works just fine. The reason it probably doesn't work for some people is because a lot of them think you just spray it on and leave it. Dry shampoo doesn't work that way, nor does it work as well as washing your hair with a standard shampoo. It's only meant to suck up a bit of extra oil for a day or two, not completely wash your hair, and it only works if you comb it through like the directions say. I take this up north with me when I go hunting and it helps keep my hair a bit less greasy. It works just fine! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by heatherhall88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was very surprised that there are so many bad reviews on this. I absolutely love it. I have dry coarse wavy highlighted hair. I like that it has a shine finish rather than matte, because many dry shampoos just seem to make my hair even dryer. It does boost volume but you need to use a lot of it.
When I first spray it, it doesn't look the best, and feels a little grainy. So I leave and do something for 5-10 minutes without touching it, then I can brush it through and style it. You won't find a better Smelling dry shampoo. It's a yummy clean scent, not perfumy at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Paigiss

First time trying dry shampoo and was disappointed…
It smelled nice. It didn't make my hair any less oily. It actually made it feel MORE oily.
That's all I can really say about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Terrible product. This actually makes my hair look more oily. It doesn't have the typical white powder to absorb oils, not sure exactly what it is, but it seems to dampen my hair slightly. Bought in a pinch because target didn't have Batiste. Will be returning this product ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Jinsoh

I wash my straight hair every other day. Although due to my washing frequency, I do not normaly experience that much oiliness, I thought the whole volumizing thing of the dry shampoo was appealing. I don't normally use dry shampoo, so perhaps I am not using the product correctly, but even after spraying the dry shampoo on the roots of my hair from the specified distance away and then combing through my hair as the directions state, my hair ended up oilier than if I had not used the dry shampoo. The pricepoint is great and the packaging makes it really easy to use. However, I can't stand the oiliness I get from this product. What gives? I am not sure, but I am definitely not buying this again nor recommending it to anybody.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

My first dry shampoo.
I use this sometimes during the week when i am too busy to wash and dry my hair.
The scent is standard garnier scent, but I am not sure if this makes my hair less or more oily.
Rubbing it in helps, but I don't feel refreshing after using this.

Might as well just wash my hair.
I don't i want to purchase this, only maybe for a trip i might get a travel size.