July 29, 2014 | 1111 users online

Dry Shampoo - Garnier - volume extend dry shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by diepset1

I've been trying to wash my hair less because I used to wash it everyday. Apparently, that's not good for the hair, so my hair has been getting pretty greasy. Especially after a work out or after work. Many people use dry shampoos these days and I thought I would try one, so this one had okay reviews on Walmart.com and it was cheap, so I got a can. The can looks like a hairspray can and it is obnoxiously green. The color of the can is not what bothers me, but the product is just bad. My hair looked the same. Still oily and still gross. Even after using a good amount and combing my hair carefully. I love 99% of Garnier products, but this one was disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I use dry shampoo not only for oil control but to give a boost to my fine limp hair without heat styling.

This dry shampoo doesn't give much volume and doesn't make my hair look much cleaner, in fact it made it look more weighed down and made it look a little greasier if I applied too much.

I won't buy this again and I would put this in the same category as Tresemme's dry shampoo which I hated. I also couldn't stand the smell - I bought the citrus scent in this and it is quite sickly to me.

If you are used to a powder-based dry shampoo I would say stay away from this one, it's not worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first time trying dry shampoo. I have pretty oily hair, and I can't even go a day without washing my hair before it feels dirty and nasty, especially at my bangs and roots. I use this whenever I don't feel like washing my hair the morning or night before school, and if you follow the directions and hold it a bit away from your hair when you spray it, and then comb it out when it's in, it works just fine. The reason it probably doesn't work for some people is because a lot of them think you just spray it on and leave it. Dry shampoo doesn't work that way, nor does it work as well as washing your hair with a standard shampoo. It's only meant to suck up a bit of extra oil for a day or two, not completely wash your hair, and it only works if you comb it through like the directions say. I take this up north with me when I go hunting and it helps keep my hair a bit less greasy. It works just fine! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by heatherhall88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was very surprised that there are so many bad reviews on this. I absolutely love it. I have dry coarse wavy highlighted hair. I like that it has a shine finish rather than matte, because many dry shampoos just seem to make my hair even dryer. It does boost volume but you need to use a lot of it.
When I first spray it, it doesn't look the best, and feels a little grainy. So I leave and do something for 5-10 minutes without touching it, then I can brush it through and style it. You won't find a better Smelling dry shampoo. It's a yummy clean scent, not perfumy at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Paigiss

First time trying dry shampoo and was disappointed…
It smelled nice. It didn't make my hair any less oily. It actually made it feel MORE oily.
That's all I can really say about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Terrible product. This actually makes my hair look more oily. It doesn't have the typical white powder to absorb oils, not sure exactly what it is, but it seems to dampen my hair slightly. Bought in a pinch because target didn't have Batiste. Will be returning this product ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Jinsoh

I wash my straight hair every other day. Although due to my washing frequency, I do not normaly experience that much oiliness, I thought the whole volumizing thing of the dry shampoo was appealing. I don't normally use dry shampoo, so perhaps I am not using the product correctly, but even after spraying the dry shampoo on the roots of my hair from the specified distance away and then combing through my hair as the directions state, my hair ended up oilier than if I had not used the dry shampoo. The pricepoint is great and the packaging makes it really easy to use. However, I can't stand the oiliness I get from this product. What gives? I am not sure, but I am definitely not buying this again nor recommending it to anybody.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

My first dry shampoo.
I use this sometimes during the week when i am too busy to wash and dry my hair.
The scent is standard garnier scent, but I am not sure if this makes my hair less or more oily.
Rubbing it in helps, but I don't feel refreshing after using this.

Might as well just wash my hair.
I don't i want to purchase this, only maybe for a trip i might get a travel size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I really like this dry shampoo! I shower at night because I'm not a morning person at all, but my hair is so oily that usually by the time I wake up in the morning, my hair is already greasy. So, I have to use a dry shampoo or baby powder in my hair pretty much every day. I've been trying out a lot of drugstore dry shampoos lately, trying to find one that's cheap (since I use it so often) but still works well. I didn't expect to be wowed by this one, but I am!
First of all, I love the scent. It has the same scent as pretty much every other Garnier product out there -- kind of a light, fruity smell. It's really nice and lingers in the hair, so if you don't love the scent that may bother you. I love the fact that this sprays out totally dry...I've tried so many dry shampoos that feel really wet when they spray out and you need to let them sit in the hair for a while and dry before you can rub it in. With this, you can spray it on, brush it in and go without waiting. A lot of dry shampoos can make your hair feel kind of sticky, but this one actually makes my hair feel really soft! I feel like it's silkier and more manageable when I use this. This controls my oil all day and doesn't wear off, even if you brush or play with your hair a lot during the day.
The only reason I gave this a 4 and not a 5 is because it's a little more lightweight, so it's nice for everyday use, but if I skipped a day of washing and was super greasy, I might need something more heavy-duty. Also, even though this is one of the cheapest dry shampoos I've found (around $4), you also get considerably less product than you do with many other dry shampoos. I got maybe 8 uses out of one can, where with others I can get 20+. But regardless, this is still a great product and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wash my hair every 3 days. I've got a oily scalp, box dyed shoulder length hair. Which means oil slick on the second and third days, with dried out ends that can't be washed daily for fear of total baldness....The ONLY reason I use dry shampoo is to soak up some of the oilyness to look presentable between shampoos. I've used quite a few dry shampoos, from batisse, psssst, and a few other drugstore brands. I don't use high end ones, because frankly its spray powder and I can't see paying more than $6 for a can of it. This one by Garnier is awful. It actually made my hair look oilier after using it. And the smell...oh my goodness, it smells like moldy fruit that has been sitting out too long. The can states its for fine or flat hair, maybe they meant it will make your hair fine or flat. Total waste of $