April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Holiday 2013 Fergie Center Stage Blockbuster Palette - A Great Glistener

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Found this in the clearance section in Walgreen's for 2 dollars along with the other palettes in this line. Not too fond of this one, the only workable colors in this palette is the warm golden brown and the two bottom liners. The top row is very glittery and fall-out prone - avoid at all costs. Of the middle colors, the gray, is too sheer on my medium skin and I had to really pack this one on to make it show up and ending up fading during the day; the light blueish purple? in the middle is really too sheer also, too bad because I was looking for a color like this for ages and it only shows up on me if I brushed it on wet. And that too faded. The only colors I like using in this palette is the brown and the two bottom matte liner/shadows, a dark gray and a dark reddish brown. I do use primer aka Color Tattoo Nude Pink (screw you Maybelline for not making this permanent!). All in all, for two dollars, a miss for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found these at my local Walgreens, kind of hidden on the side of an endcap. I couldn't resist buying two, A Great Glistener and No Neutral Ground. A Great Glistener has a top section in a sparkle overcoat in silver, winter white and gold. These are a shimmer with added sparkles, extremely powdery with lots of fallout. Look at them sideways and it will be all over your face - avoid. The second row is where things get good - a perfect medium gray, a lovely grape, and my favorite, a perfect warm brown. These are a satin finish, with lots of color payoff, and are worth more than the $4.99 I paid. The bottom row are matte liners, but can also be used as shadows - black and a deep maroon brown, similar to one in my Vanity set. I used a shell color from another brand on the lid, the warm brown satin in the crease, and the deep matte brown as a liner. It's just beautiful and I highly recommend these shadows if you can find them.