January 29, 2015 | 1211 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Garnier - 5 sec Perfect Blur

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 6:52:00 PM More reviews by shasum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is only day 2 of using this product. I only recently started using primer and the first primer I bought (Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro $8) felt heavy on my face all day - all I could think about all day was getting home so I could wash it off; I hate being able to feel makeup on my skin, and it really didn't fill any lines or provide me with any noticeable, desirable effects. So I decided to give 5 Second Blur a go ($15), not even sure if it was supposed to be a primer or what. On the very first application - OH MY GOSH - I literally watched my fine lines, especially around my eyes, disappear! I moved to my magnifying mirror to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but nope! Sure enough, those little lines were just shrunk up or filled in or something - I don't care what they were, so long as they were gone, and they basically were! I see some not-so-great posts on this product, but I also see the ages are younger, so I don't think they are fighting the same battle I am at 44 - so for my age range, I'm going to have to say, this product is magical! It fills in the fine lines so my foundation doesn't make me look older, it feels silky smooth, and it did not bother my face all day; and most importantly, it really did seem to improve the look of my foundation. I did feel like I got a little oily later in the day, but it wasn't terrible. And the price point - to me - was more than reasonable, especially considering what I shell out to fight the signs of aging, anyway. Again, I've only used it for two days, now, so we'll just have to wait and see if I continue to be impressed - I really have my fingers crossed because I've never found a product that has impressed me more when it comes to diminishing lines.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by PentacleQueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh...this product is just...meh.

I mean, Im sure there are worst products, but there are also way better products. It's not terrible, but I just don't think it actually does anything!!!

I just use this on days when I have extra time to do the extra step of priming - mostly just to use up the product so I dont feel so bad wasting the $17 I paid for it.

Does it prolong the wear of my makeup? Um maybe...but nothing too noticeable and not worth the money, in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm still not sure about this product - it did a good job of keeping me matte and minimizing the appearance of the huge pores on my nose and cheeks, but it is so so slick! I am used to dealing with the silky feel of Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector, but the Garnier one is like smearing pure silicone over your face.

Pros: Cheap, good packaging, a lot of product for the price, neutral scent, minimizes pores and helps me stay matte for 3-4 hours.

Cons: Feels oily when you apply it, blotting papers still required after 3-4 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by chanelle821

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS. I never cared about primers or my pores, but I got this as a sample and I am totally in love. It melts right into your skin and instantly makes your skin look 10x better.You need so little of this, and you only need to use it where your pores are the biggest (nose, forehead, chin...). It also mattifies your skin and creates the perfect canvas for your foundation. I would repurchase this in a heartbeat!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

5 second blur is right! I was hoping for more help on blurring my pores which it doesn't. The texture is definitely different, its very smooth and silky and sinks right into your skin and makes your skin feel soft. It blurred my pores for 5 minutes and that was it. My foundation applied smoothly over top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by melindamac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Total game charger for me. I love how it makes my skin so smooth and matte. I'm able to just add concealer under my eyes and brush on my powder. These three steps give me a great flawless everyday face with very little product! Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynharris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

made me break out like crazy on my cheeks, and I never get acne on my cheeks. at first I thought my face cleanser was the reason behind my breakout but after I stopped using this for a week my skin went right back to normal.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Worst primer I've ever purchased in my life!! Soooo greasy. Makeup slides off. This was an EXPENSIVE impulse buy..well I needed a new primer so I grabbed this. Usually I really like their products but after using this I am totally through with using this makeup line. $20 at CVS. Will be throwing away ! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by atjay03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't understand all the negative reviews - this primer is awesome!!
I have combo - oily skin and it works really well at mattifying my T zone (where I get shiny) but not drying those areas out, or making them flake.
The texture is about as thick as Benefit Porefessional (which I also love, but too pricey to justify buying too often), but it's a pale pink mousse that goes on clear and smooths on so much easier than Porefessional and is easier to work with.
I think the effect overall is really similar though in terms of filling pores and mattifying the skin and holding your makeup.
Bare in mind that I use mineral foundation every day and not liquid, so I can't write about how it would work under liquid.
My mineral makeup glides on beautifully over this.
I apply a tiny bit on my T zone and beside my nose on my cheeks where the pores are visible. I dab it on and then blend out with fingers. I then wait five minutes before applying concealer and mineral makeup.
I don't have any wrinkles or acne, so can't speak on whether it does in fact 'blur' those things - it does, however, fill in my pores, give skin and matte yet natural finish and help makeup look great all day! Overall it just provides a smoothing canvas that takes away shine and fills everything in - so your makeup will ultimately look better! You can't feel it on the skin and it has no scent. My skin is sensitive too and it hasn't cause any negative reactions or break-outs.
If you have oily or combo skin and want a primer to fill in pores and mattify skin and just help your makeup last - give this a try! It's super affordable and will last a long time as you only need a tiny amount.
I think this may be my new favourite primer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am actually quite fond of this as a primer. It has that typical silicone primer feel, kinda slippery and velvety at the same time. I'm not 100% convinved about the "blurring" aspect of this but it does smooth over pores well and provides a nice base for my makeup. I also do not believe a cream will fix all your skin woes so maybe my expectations are lower than other's. It provides a nice matte finish to my skin, foundation blends over it very smoothly, and it gets a long with all the products I use as I have never experienced it balling up while applying. It doesn't make me shiny or greasy, and I haven't broken out or had any irritation since I started using it. I had tried L'Oreal's version in the past and didn't like how thick it was but the Garnier is lighter and more airy so it doesn't ever feel heavy on my face. The directions on the packaging say to use a dime (yes, really, a DIME!) size amount but I only use a pea size and it's plenty of product. I don't think you'd want to smear a dime sized blob on your face. Overall this is a solid drug store primer, if you don't mind silicone based products. I will buy it again.