April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Garnier - 5 sec Perfect Blur

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by vyg123

I Got this in a sample from a magazine, also l'oreal pore vanisher. I compared each, I put one on one side and the other on the opposite side of my face for two days in a row. Followed my same makeup and skin care routine. I was very disappointed with garnier as I broke out on that side on the third morning

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this more than smashbox photo finish. It makes my skin less oily and blurs imperfections and discoloration. My foundation goes on well on top. I will buy this from now on instead of smashbox

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this long enough to form a real opinion. Does it do what it says? Sort of. Yes it goes on smooth and has a slight blurring effect and makes my foundation glide on nicely. But...it does make my face super oily hours later which just adds to foundation breakdown. I will use the rest of the tube...avoiding my forehead because that is the spot on my face that gets overly oily with this product. If it didn't make my skin so oily, I might purchase it again..but it does so I won't.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hollyhoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample from a magazine so I tried it last Saturday. It went on nicely and felt good on my skin, however, when I put my foundation on it was very slippery. I was afraid to touch my face the rest of the day out of fear that my makeup would wipe off. I won't buy it, I think my Revlon ColorStay foundation works well enough on its own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

This is a pretty good product and I am scratching my head over the negative reviews. I really don't need a primer but I do like the finish I get when I use one before my foundation. Really helps product smooth over wrinkles under the eyes too. I was alternating between the pricey Lisse Minute from Clarins and L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur. Clarins is lighter, more elegant but doesn't do as much as the L'Oreal product which is thick, fills in those noticeable pores and lines under my eyes so the product goes on nicely without caking. The L'Oreal product seemed to accelerate the disappearance of the foundation though. The Garnier product has the best properties of both. You only need a tiny amount - teeny, tiny. The tube says dime-sized but I say use a quarter of that amount to see results. Yes that little amount dotted on both cheeks will cover up to the eyes and down your chin because this formula has a lot of "slip". It doesn't settle at the first application which is good because you can continue to blend it around. I am currently using the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick and it enables me to use less foundation. And it does make my foundation last and really look fresh after 6 hours. Please give this a try or retry if you originally had disappointing results. The price is right and it is easy to get and if you reduce the amount it is likely you will be happy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This was an impulse purchase at CVS. It is not good. It's oily, runny, and does nothing to improve the appearance of skin. The only thing this will blur is your vision if you accidentally get it in your eyes. And let's face it, that's where a lot of women have fine lines. So if I can't use it to blur lines around my eyes ... what use is it? Plus the oily-ness of it is gross. I returned it. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Olinda73

I bought this thinking it would be okay as an alternative to my usual hourglass primer but dang this was bad!! For some reason I must have allergies to it because every time I put it below my eyes, SOMEHOW my eyes just magically start to get goop build up in them and it makes my vision blurry. Bad bad bad!! I had to stop using it to stop the weird reaction. This will be going in trash. Oh and I normally do NOT have sensitive eyes or skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a reasonable good primer, it does fill in pores, leave that smooth finish (from silacone) and adds a subtle glow. Even better, this product is a pro at removing those pesky mascara stains without completely ruining your eyeshadows. Can't say on whether it lasts long but it's worth checking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by EffieH

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am 57 years old and have had rosacea, the kind that causes hyperplasia of your skin cells and sebaceous gland hyperplasia, for a long time. So my pores are pretty much noticeable no matter what I do. I have never really used primer before because I never found one that did much of anything, but I thought I would try this one because the name "blur" attracted me, and it is amazing! It slips on easily, I love the feel of it, it goes on thickly and covers my enlarged pores so well and my liquid foundation slips on so easily over it, and my skin looks great all day! It looks really natural, very matte and not oily or shiny at all, and not like I am wearing a lot of makeup, which is very important to me. I also use it under my eyes in lieu of a concealer, and it really does seem to "blur" my dark circles and fine lines in that area in a more natural way than any concealer I have found. This summer I may try it with a mineral veil on top for a lighter look! This is definitely a valuable part of daily routine for as long as it is available!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is okay! I bought this instead of my Loreal miracle blur because it was a few dollars cheaper. I looooove Loreals- but this one is similar but okay. It does blur. I squeeze the recommended amount of product into my hands and it still doesn't seem to be enough!! I'll probably go back to Loreals though... In a pinch I'll get this.