March 1, 2015 | 1883 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Garnier - 5 sec Perfect Blur

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2015 11:10:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

I think I did a review when I first got this. I shouldn't have jumped the gun and said this was a great product. It didn't do much for mattifying and blurring my pores. It also broke me out and gave me under the skin bumps. I have little to no acne (yes I do have some not a lot), but my pores are huge and all this did was block them and cause painful suffering on my face. It feels siliconey on your face and you will feel like you smeared grease all over your face. I don't recommend this at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2015 6:12:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This made my skin feel greasy. I managed to use the entire tube simply due to my deeply embedded cheapness. I don't thin it really helped makeup stay on longer. I mean, I guess it didn't hurt the staying power but... I think it's priced too high for what you get. I'd rather pay just a bit more and get a good primer at Ulta or Sephora. This made my skin look a bit better, pores still looked big, and I had greasiness to boot. No, Garnier. Get over yourselves.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 6:52:00 PM More reviews by shasum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is only day 2 of using this product. I only recently started using primer and the first primer I bought (Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro $8) felt heavy on my face all day - all I could think about all day was getting home so I could wash it off; I hate being able to feel makeup on my skin, and it really didn't fill any lines or provide me with any noticeable, desirable effects. So I decided to give 5 Second Blur a go ($15), not even sure if it was supposed to be a primer or what. On the very first application - OH MY GOSH - I literally watched my fine lines, especially around my eyes, disappear! I moved to my magnifying mirror to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but nope! Sure enough, those little lines were just shrunk up or filled in or something - I don't care what they were, so long as they were gone, and they basically were! I see some not-so-great posts on this product, but I also see the ages are younger, so I don't think they are fighting the same battle I am at 44 - so for my age range, I'm going to have to say, this product is magical! It fills in the fine lines so my foundation doesn't make me look older, it feels silky smooth, and it did not bother my face all day; and most importantly, it really did seem to improve the look of my foundation. I did feel like I got a little oily later in the day, but it wasn't terrible. And the price point - to me - was more than reasonable, especially considering what I shell out to fight the signs of aging, anyway. Again, I've only used it for two days, now, so we'll just have to wait and see if I continue to be impressed - I really have my fingers crossed because I've never found a product that has impressed me more when it comes to diminishing lines.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by PentacleQueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh...this product is just...meh.

I mean, Im sure there are worst products, but there are also way better products. It's not terrible, but I just don't think it actually does anything!!!

I just use this on days when I have extra time to do the extra step of priming - mostly just to use up the product so I dont feel so bad wasting the $17 I paid for it.

Does it prolong the wear of my makeup? Um maybe...but nothing too noticeable and not worth the money, in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm still not sure about this product - it did a good job of keeping me matte and minimizing the appearance of the huge pores on my nose and cheeks, but it is so so slick! I am used to dealing with the silky feel of Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector, but the Garnier one is like smearing pure silicone over your face.

Pros: Cheap, good packaging, a lot of product for the price, neutral scent, minimizes pores and helps me stay matte for 3-4 hours.

Cons: Feels oily when you apply it, blotting papers still required after 3-4 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by chanelle821

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS. I never cared about primers or my pores, but I got this as a sample and I am totally in love. It melts right into your skin and instantly makes your skin look 10x better.You need so little of this, and you only need to use it where your pores are the biggest (nose, forehead, chin...). It also mattifies your skin and creates the perfect canvas for your foundation. I would repurchase this in a heartbeat!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

5 second blur is right! I was hoping for more help on blurring my pores which it doesn't. The texture is definitely different, its very smooth and silky and sinks right into your skin and makes your skin feel soft. It blurred my pores for 5 minutes and that was it. My foundation applied smoothly over top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by melindamac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Total game charger for me. I love how it makes my skin so smooth and matte. I'm able to just add concealer under my eyes and brush on my powder. These three steps give me a great flawless everyday face with very little product! Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynharris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

made me break out like crazy on my cheeks, and I never get acne on my cheeks. at first I thought my face cleanser was the reason behind my breakout but after I stopped using this for a week my skin went right back to normal.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Worst primer I've ever purchased in my life!! Soooo greasy. Makeup slides off. This was an EXPENSIVE impulse buy..well I needed a new primer so I grabbed this. Usually I really like their products but after using this I am totally through with using this makeup line. $20 at CVS. Will be throwing away ! :(