Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur

3.0

Dimethicone, Dimethicone crosspolymer, Silica (nano) / Silica Isododecane, Aluminium Hydroxide, CI77491 / Iron Oxydes, CI77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate.

on 4/22/2015 7:11:00 AM

This was horrible for me and I still have a pretty much full tube sitting in my drawer.

It has a horrible texture and made my makeup slide off my face and feel and look horrible and greasy. It didn't blur anything or do what it said it would - I was so disappointed as I was looking forward to using it. It wasn't cheap either I think I paid nearly $20nzd :(

Pretty much the same disappointed feeling as I had with the Garnier BB cream - just over hyped products that dont deliver what they say.

I will definitely not bother with Garnier products in the future - I have never had much luck with them.

on 4/22/2015 12:51:00 AM

I find this product to be very helpful in keeping my makeup set all day. it helps the longevity and staying power of my makeup and I have combination skin. I also like the look of fine lines and wrinkles diminishing with each use. really good option instead of Smashbox photo finish primer.

on 3/31/2015 1:15:00 PM

I've been using this stuff daily for a couple of years now and I always have 2 tubes of it on the go: one in my handbag, one in the bathroom. I don't use it as they recommend - instead, I use it after I've finished all my makeup, patting the tiniest amounts of it on the lines under my eyes, and it does a great job of blurring them, better I feel than the Clarins Lisse Minute I used before. I have to top it up once or twice, again with teensy amounts squeezed onto my forefinger and then lightly patted under my eyes. Any more than that and it does start to feel too heavy or greasy, and causes my makeup to slide - but as a little bit of final blurring, it's great!

on 2/21/2015 11:10:00 PM

I think I did a review when I first got this. I shouldn't have jumped the gun and said this was a great product. It didn't do much for mattifying and blurring my pores. It also broke me out and gave me under the skin bumps. I have little to no acne (yes I do have some not a lot), but my pores are huge and all this did was block them and cause painful suffering on my face. It feels siliconey on your face and you will feel like you smeared grease all over your face. I don't recommend this at all.

on 2/13/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This made my skin feel greasy. I managed to use the entire tube simply due to my deeply embedded cheapness. I don't thin it really helped makeup stay on longer. I mean, I guess it didn't hurt the staying power but... I think it's priced too high for what you get. I'd rather pay just a bit more and get a good primer at Ulta or Sephora. This made my skin look a bit better, pores still looked big, and I had greasiness to boot. No, Garnier. Get over yourselves.

on 1/1/2015 6:52:00 PM

This is only day 2 of using this product. I only recently started using primer and the first primer I bought (Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro $8) felt heavy on my face all day - all I could think about all day was getting home so I could wash it off; I hate being able to feel makeup on my skin, and it really didn't fill any lines or provide me with any noticeable, desirable effects. So I decided to give 5 Second Blur a go ($15), not even sure if it was supposed to be a primer or what. On the very first application - OH MY GOSH - I literally watched my fine lines, especially around my eyes, disappear! I moved to my magnifying mirror to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but nope! Sure enough, those little lines were just shrunk up or filled in or something - I don't care what they were, so long as they were gone, and they basically were! I see some not-so-great posts on this product, but I also see the ages are younger, so I don't think they are fighting the same battle I am at 44 - so for my age range, I'm going to have to say, this product is magical! It fills in the fine lines so my foundation doesn't make me look older, it feels silky smooth, and it did not bother my face all day; and most importantly, it really did seem to improve the look of my foundation. I did feel like I got a little oily later in the day, but it wasn't terrible. And the price point - to me - was more than reasonable, especially considering what I shell out to fight the signs of aging, anyway. Again, I've only used it for two days, now, so we'll just have to wait and see if I continue to be impressed - I really have my fingers crossed because I've never found a product that has impressed me more when it comes to diminishing lines.

on 12/31/2014 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Meh...this product is just...meh.

I mean, Im sure there are worst products, but there are also way better products. It's not terrible, but I just don't think it actually does anything!!!

I just use this on days when I have extra time to do the extra step of priming - mostly just to use up the product so I dont feel so bad wasting the $17 I paid for it.

Does it prolong the wear of my makeup? Um maybe...but nothing too noticeable and not worth the money, in my opinion.

on 12/26/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm still not sure about this product - it did a good job of keeping me matte and minimizing the appearance of the huge pores on my nose and cheeks, but it is so so slick! I am used to dealing with the silky feel of Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector, but the Garnier one is like smearing pure silicone over your face.

Pros: Cheap, good packaging, a lot of product for the price, neutral scent, minimizes pores and helps me stay matte for 3-4 hours.

Cons: Feels oily when you apply it, blotting papers still required after 3-4 hours.

on 9/30/2014 3:23:00 PM

I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS. I never cared about primers or my pores, but I got this as a sample and I am totally in love. It melts right into your skin and instantly makes your skin look 10x better.You need so little of this, and you only need to use it where your pores are the biggest (nose, forehead, chin...). It also mattifies your skin and creates the perfect canvas for your foundation. I would repurchase this in a heartbeat!

on 9/18/2014 5:17:00 PM

5 second blur is right! I was hoping for more help on blurring my pores which it doesn't. The texture is definitely different, its very smooth and silky and sinks right into your skin and makes your skin feel soft. It blurred my pores for 5 minutes and that was it. My foundation applied smoothly over top.

Popular Primer/ Correctors