July 30, 2014 | 1820 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Garnier - 5 sec Perfect Blur

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by atjay03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't understand all the negative reviews - this primer is awesome!!
I have combo - oily skin and it works really well at mattifying my T zone (where I get shiny) but not drying those areas out, or making them flake.
The texture is about as thick as Benefit Porefessional (which I also love, but too pricey to justify buying too often), but it's a pale pink mousse that goes on clear and smooths on so much easier than Porefessional and is easier to work with.
I think the effect overall is really similar though in terms of filling pores and mattifying the skin and holding your makeup.
Bare in mind that I use mineral foundation every day and not liquid, so I can't write about how it would work under liquid.
My mineral makeup glides on beautifully over this.
I apply a tiny bit on my T zone and beside my nose on my cheeks where the pores are visible. I dab it on and then blend out with fingers. I then wait five minutes before applying concealer and mineral makeup.
I don't have any wrinkles or acne, so can't speak on whether it does in fact 'blur' those things - it does, however, fill in my pores, give skin and matte yet natural finish and help makeup look great all day! Overall it just provides a smoothing canvas that takes away shine and fills everything in - so your makeup will ultimately look better! You can't feel it on the skin and it has no scent. My skin is sensitive too and it hasn't cause any negative reactions or break-outs.
If you have oily or combo skin and want a primer to fill in pores and mattify skin and just help your makeup last - give this a try! It's super affordable and will last a long time as you only need a tiny amount.
I think this may be my new favourite primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am actually quite fond of this as a primer. It has that typical silicone primer feel, kinda slippery and velvety at the same time. I'm not 100% convinved about the "blurring" aspect of this but it does smooth over pores well and provides a nice base for my makeup. I also do not believe a cream will fix all your skin woes so maybe my expectations are lower than other's. It provides a nice matte finish to my skin, foundation blends over it very smoothly, and it gets a long with all the products I use as I have never experienced it balling up while applying. It doesn't make me shiny or greasy, and I haven't broken out or had any irritation since I started using it. I had tried L'Oreal's version in the past and didn't like how thick it was but the Garnier is lighter and more airy so it doesn't ever feel heavy on my face. The directions on the packaging say to use a dime (yes, really, a DIME!) size amount but I only use a pea size and it's plenty of product. I don't think you'd want to smear a dime sized blob on your face. Overall this is a solid drug store primer, if you don't mind silicone based products. I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Catzzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really liked it. I had bought an Inglot primer, and this works even better. It works great under my foundation, but I must say that if you're waiting for a miracle, you'll be disappointed. When applied over the moisturizer, your skin does look a bit better, but the true effect comes once you put the foundation on.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by BecksCherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you're on the fence about this product, remember the rule - If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Anyone who's seen Garnier's "not retouched!" advertisement for this product may have found themselves pondering this very statement. Garnier 5 Second Blur claims to 'reduce the appearance of wrinkles, imperfections, pores and shine in just 5 seconds!'

I applied this two ways - first, as instructed, over my day cream. The texture is odd - It feels wet but somehow dry, slippery and greasy, but also very velvety. I was surprised then that it was actually quite difficult to blend on the face. I started by just dabbing with my fingers on to my 'problem areas' (fine lines around my eyes and mouth, acne scarring and large pores on my cheeks) then blended as best I could and waited for the magic to happen. Nothing really did. I convinced myself I'd done something wrong, so I retried on bare skin. I can conclude the following about this product.

* Firstly, if your wrinkles and pores trouble you to the point you feel the need to buy a targeted solution, this product will not be that solution.

* It feels like wearing a greasy silicone mask, which upon looking at the ingredients, is exactly what you will be doing. You can really feel a layer of goop sitting there.

* It's quite a matte finish - On my dry skin, it actually aged me. When your skin is as dry as the sahara, the overly matte look just comes off looking dull and chalky. It actually diminished the natural glow of my skin.

* My pores are still staring at me, albeit like small sad craters full of silicone.

* The texture bugged me. It's just a very 'ick' texture. Like washing your hands with butter.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Danielleox

I received a sample size of this product and thought I would give it a try. While this product does help to blur pores and reduce the appearance of blemishes. I found it difficult to blend in my makeup after applying this primer. It made my makeup 'slippery', my makeup did not stay at all. After a while, my makeup started to cake up in areas on my face. I had to redo my makeup after applying this.
I would not purchase this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I planned to purchase this product at Target today and decided to test it while I shopped first. So glad I did because this would have been a complete waste of money. My skin still feels extremely slippery and this did nothing for my pores or wrinkles. It did take away the shine, briefly, but that only lasted about 30 minutes. I am very oily but I was in an air conditioned store, not out breaking a sweat. Avon's Magix Face Perfector does everything this promises to, has an SPF 20 and is about half the price of Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by SusieQ1970

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised by the negative reviews of this excellent primer which will now be my holy grail. I am 44 have extremely oily, breakout prone skin with large pores and a few fine lines under my eyes. This product filled all my pores and smoothed my fine lines so that they would only be visible with a microscope. It also controlled my oil. I usually have to blot and re-powder approximately 5 times a day, especially because I live in a hot humid climate. I blot only once about 10 hours into my day now! I am thrilled. I have tried many primers but gave up because having extra product under my makeup usually accentuates my lines and pores as the day goes on and nothing controls my oil. This product is so good that on my recent date with a 28yr old man, he couldn't get over my flawless skin :-) Now that's a testimonial!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

This has absolutely no blurring power what so ever but it does make a very good base for makeup. The consistency is smooth and creamy and it makes my foundation and concealer last a lot longer. I recommended this to my mother who bought it and hated it but many of my friends also love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Bylaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ugh! This stuff is disgusting! I used it according to the packaging instructions - not only did nothing "blur" but I ended up with waxy, gross chunks of the stuff pilling up all over my face. I had to wipe it all off and start over. Whatever it is that makes moisturizers pill up, this is like a concentrated tube of that.

Also, it's thick and they stuck it in a tube with a tiny opening so you really have to work hard to get it out of the tube.

No, just no. Taking this back to the store. I would rather be flawed than even try this goop again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by mosaic77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works quite well for masking large pores, but not with "blurring" fine lines or wrinkles. It is a lighter and thinner version of L'Oreal's Miracle Blur. It is lighter because it does not contain sunscreen. I think it is not bad, but I prefer Miracle Blur over this.