October 21, 2014 | 1047 users online

Powder - Kevyn Aucoin - Sensual Skin Powder Foundation

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by bellecat

I really wanted to like this new foundation by KA. The lightest shade PF 01 is a beautiful soft ivory shade that isn't too yellow or pink like other powder foundations. Unfortunately, the texture is rather dry and feels rather rough on the skin when you apply it with the sponge. It doesn't have the creamy texture of say, D&G's powder foundation which just glides on. At first I thought it was my skincare regimen but I am now using a serum, a moisturizer, eye cream AND a sunscreen and still this foundation leaves a dry, flat powdery finish that is really obvious on the skin even though the coverage itself is rather sheer. In fact, I'd say this is more of a traditional pressed powder because it doesn't provide much coverage for blemishes or any type of discoloration. The packaging is rather cheap for almost $60...a small compact that looks stylish enough and comes with both a sponge and a brush but there is no separate compartment to store the sponge so it sits on the powder. Not very sanitary IMO. Also, the clasp started opening up in my make-up bag when I barely even use it. I give two lippies for the shade and for the brush which is nice if you want to use this over another foundation as a finishing powder. But on its own or applied over the sensual skin enhancer, this powder just makes my skin look lifeless.