Annabelle Eyeshadow #58 (Black)

4.1

on 12/14/2014 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a nice matte shadow, I actually use it for costume stuff mostly, making bushy eyebrows, fake beards, dramatic shadows/contour. It's pretty versatile and has good pigmentation/staying power.

Really great to help fix up eyeliner, or to define it a bit. Doesn't smudge a lot, it a bit powder so it can fling around on your face but overall good color.

on 5/30/2011 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Efficient black shadow, long-lasting, cheap, stays put, tub lasts forever, Canadian. I use it when i'm bothered to do a better eye than the basic black-eyeliner rocker thing. This brand is underrated.

on 3/27/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This color is a matte black. I often use this color overtop of a black pencil eyeliner to help seal it. I would definitely repurchase and recommend this product.

on 11/20/2010 9:22:00 AM

This is a great product. I love annabelle eye-shadows and have most of the potted ones (they go on sale for just a few dollars at shoppers drugmart every few months and I just love to pick up a few each time). I've never had a problem with the eyeshadow creasing or particles falling during wear. I found that if you want a very opaque black, just add some sort of a cream base (I've used the NYX jumbo eye pencil in a dark metalic grey and when I put the black annabelle eyeshadow over it, it comes out looking as black as it does in the pot).

I will definitely buy this product again when I run out.

on 1/14/2010 9:50:00 PM

This product is great. I don't wear black eye shadows so I use this more as an eyeliner to create a smokey kind of eye look. The color is great and doesn't come out as gray. I depotted this e/s and it probably fit perfectly in a mac palette if you put a magnet underneath the pan... but I only have a coastal scent palette and it's perfect. I don't even have to add a magnet underneath. I'm in heaven!

on 10/19/2009 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I dont wear much eyeshadow ither then the typical basic browns and blacks. This eyeshadow i decided to try after my black ran out on my pallet set. I really was happy with the results
The product itself was very pigmented in my point of view. It glided well on my eye and stayed put throughout the day with usually no base. It also is excellent eyeshadow for under eye areas, for very rarely the pigment would fall underneath my eye making it look more tired. This was a nice little feature and made this eyeshadow more memorable.
The price was pretty good, i wouldn't say it was the best. Ive found eye shadows at the drug store for a lower price range and still good product quality. Although, if i was ever running low on this i would definitely consider running to the store and picking one up.
The packaging is quite similar to MAC's packaging which i do like. It also almost comes in the same amount! Its like your own personal MAC eyeshadow on the corner store!
Overall, im very pleased with the results of this product. I know some have said the colour pay off is ok, but i think its just enough of a colour to make it edgy and at the same time can be natural as well. I would definitely suggest this to someone who wants MAC quality eyeshadow for half the price. I cant wait to try other colours in this brand.

on 10/18/2009 4:34:00 PM

I don't think I have ever tried any other black eyeshadow except Annabelles #58, now that it is almost empty I think I might try Mac since it is raved about but I definitely enjoyed Annabelles, only thought the black wasn't as dark as I wanted.

I dont know if this is the one i have, but I have a matte black eyeshadow in Ebony (from the collection with the pan eyeshadows) and they have the same color in the pots too. Anyhow, i cant use this as an eyeshadow on its own as a black. its not pigmented enough. turns out gray, and doesnt blend very well.

I do however, use this to set my eyeliner everyday, so i guess its not really that big of a waste of money. =)

on 8/4/2009 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Sorry but I'm not impressed with this product. It didn't stay on long and it creased! It also ended up under my eyes so I looked like raccoon. I think i will invest in a more expensive eyeshadow next time to ensure it stays on.

Top Rated Annabelle Products