Urban Decay Buck

4.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/22/2015 3:13:00 PM

As an owner of UD's Naked palette, I was curious as to which shadow I'd hit pan on first...While the palette has several of my long-time favorite shades in it (Smog, Sin, and Half-baked), I hit pan on Buck first! While many consider UD to be a purveyor of wild and unique colors, they also produce equally fabulous "every day" colors...like Buck!

I have been searching for my 4th shade in the UD customizable 4 pan single palette, and I needed a matte brown that could be used for a subtle liner, brow filler, crease color, blender shade, and in a pinch, face contour. I was considering Naked, Buck, and Secret Service, but knowing I had already hit pan put Buck in the forefront. After swatching and testing all 3 multiple times, Buck was a clear winner. Naked was far too light for my purposes, while Secret Service was too dark and a little patchy. Buck is a very smooth shadow, applying and appearing almost creamy. Unlike Secret Service, it blends like a dream, which is important for a highly pigmented shadow. The shade is a mid-tone matte brown (and a true matte!). It leans a bit warm, but it's a very different kind of warm..it does not pull red or orange on me, so I can use it for contouring, however, it does not show up ashy or unnatural on me.

If you are considering any of those three shadows, I would advocate for Buck. If you have Buck, you probably won't get much use out of Naked or Secret Service. While $20 for a single is steep for most wallets, I have yet to find a dupe that comes close to Buck. It's the real deal!

on 12/21/2014 10:39:00 PM

My favorite and most versatile color in the Naked palette. It is the perfect matte crease color and lid color for darker eye looks. As with all matte Urban Decay eyeshadows, it is smooth and pigmented. However, I'm very disappointed that the Buck single is much darker and cooler toned than the Buck from the palette.

on 11/11/2014 2:55:00 PM

For the record, I am scared of dark crease colors...my under eye circles hate them. Thus, I stuck with Naked or Laced. But, Buck worked so well with shades I have been wearing this fall (Toasted, Sin, Snakebite) that it was hard to ignore. I tried to make my beloved Laced work with these, but it getting lost and not creating the definition I wanted. I tried Naked, but it was too yellow/tan/light...off for mid fall and these shades...it wasn't working. I have better luck with Naked in the summer. People rec'd Secret Service, but it was too dark and muddy for my complexion. Finally I checked out Buck. It is the perfect medium neutral brown shade that not only created the definition I wanted and worked with my colors that I have been loving. Buck was the perfect little bow on my present...it just tied the whole eye look together. I feel like Buck gets so over looked with people choosing Naked or Secret Service over this...but it is perfection for my Nw20 , deep winter complexion.

on 6/2/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I fell in love with this shadow when I first bought the original Naked Palette. I went and bought the single of Buck as soon as it became available, because I knew I was going to use the one in my palette to death and didn't want to be without it. Like Secret Service, Buck is indispensable for the ways in which it can be used. It is the consummate blending/crease shade for me. Smooth, easy to wear, just an excellent shade overall.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

absolutely in love with this shade, you can depend on this shade for any occasions as it offers a very natural look! it definitely accentuates the eyes as well

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has to be my favorite blending out shade EVER. The only one I have of the shadow is in my Naked palette, but I've nearly hit pan from using it every day. It's the smoothest, most highly-pigmented warm, medium brown shadow I've ever used and will most definitely buy the single of it when my Naked one is gone. I can't say enough good things about it. I'd be lost without Buck.

on 11/21/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't actually use Buck as an eye shadow, but instead to fill in my rather sparse auburn brows. It's the perfect color if "brown" is just too brown for you. (I have the problem that anything too brown matches my freckles and makes me look ruddy.) This has an overall touch of rose in it that matches my hair well, stays all day and is totally matte. I got it in the UD Naked palette.

on 9/19/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a colour that's easy to overlook compared to UD's extensive shadow range, but once you try it, you'll see how versatile this shade can be - the perfect matte brown that's not only pigmented, but works wonders as a brow or crease shade.