April 21, 2014 | 1082 users online

Conditioner - Moroccanoil - Extra Volume Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by NataLaLa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think this is actually called 'Extra Volume Conditioner', but anyway, a bit about my conditioning needs:
I have reasonably healthy hair as I do not dye it or style it that often, however it is coarse, long, and I do go out into the sun/surf on a weekly basis, so the ends are a bit dry/damaged. I do not aim for smooth conditioning results (hence using a volumizing product), but I do need decent detangling, bounce/body/am I talking about boobs or hair? and general care. And I don't want any animal friends hurt just because I want gorgeous locks.

Please note: I always brush out my hair before washing it so I am not battling with soggy knots. I also concentrate the conditioner on my ends, and only wipe the remaining stuff on the top third of my hair/head.

Pros:
1. Provides volume as promised! Decent conditioning properties without weighing down my hair. After I use this conditioner my hair is compliant, soft and bouncy.
2. Promotes root-lift. I didn't used to put conditioner on the top third of my hair, but I do not have to worry about an oily scalp or weighed down hair with this conditioner, so I just wipe the remaining stuff off my hands onto the top of my hair.
3. Lovely thick formula. I wouldn't say 'a little goes a long way' but perhaps 'a reasonable amount does the job'.
4. Packaging is quite minimalistic and balances upside down, so you can get all the last dregs.
5. No animal testing, yay.

Cons:
1. Dear god this stuff is perfumed to the max! Waaaay too much perfume for my liking, and not the delicious type either, just perfume-y perfume smell. But I can forgive this because of the above list, and my sea-salt spray neutralises the perfume.
2. Yeh it's pretty expenso.

Luv N.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by BoandChica2

Just returned this conditioner after several uses. Couldn't figure out why my ends were so dry and brittle. I didn't think this product with Moroccan oil would be the culprit, but it was. I've used their regular shampoo and it was fine, nothing special but not bad. I thought the volume conditioner would be a good balance of fullness and moisture. It wasn't. I guess if you have hair that is already in good condition it might work for you, but if you have dry or colored/highlited hair not a good choice. It ruined the ends of my hair and I had to cut off more than an inch. For me, not a good product.